All Of Britney's Tours And Information In One Place

I decided to create a post that has all of Britney's tours and information about the tours in one place.

There are some interesting facts here there and everywhere - however a lot of the information comes from Wiki - I really wanted to do this as I wanted to have one place to reminisce :gloria: Sorry if some of you find it pretty pointless :crying2:

There are some interesting facts I have gathered other than wiki facts - however - if you know of some super awesome tour info - please let me know so we can add it. I will have a section after every tour - stating Britney Galaxy interesting facts exclusive - so we can add heaps of info there. Please give as many facts as possible as it would be cool to have it on BG :)

A lot of web sites that used to have interesting facts have since been deleted - so am really hoping we can get these facts back again - with your help!! 

Also if you have some cool footage - please post it :)

Hope there are some of you that like this :hug: It will take a while to post - but all your fave tours will be up soon! 

Ladies and gents the one and only tour legend - Britney Spears.. 

2f37dc80-d4c0-0131-50c4-32a8c3e330a7.gif

PS - Here is an amazing site thanks to BlackoutZone with heaps of pics!!! Yay!

http://vk.com/albums-27411533

• Like 1

Year

Title

Duration

Shows

L'Oreal Hair Zone Tour

June 1998 – August 1998 (North America)

Unknown

After Spears finished recording her first album in Sweden, she embarked a promotional tour in malls across the United States; the same method was used to promote 1980s female popstars such as Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. Spears performed a four-song set and was supported by two back-up dancers. She also met fans and magazine editors in the way, promoting a four-track demo from her upcoming album. The tour was deemed a success. 

normal_Mall_28229.jpg

normal_Mall_28329.jpg

normal_Mall_28129.jpg

tumblr_m3gh3bQA0M1qmuoyho5_250.gif

tumblr_lxnru1neOG1r9c2b0o1_400.jpg

• Like 1

Set list:

Depending on what show you went to you would have either heard "Born To Make You Happy" , "Thinkin' About You" or

"Deep In My Heart".

*"(You Drive Me) Crazy"

*"Sometimes"

*"Thinkin' About You" / "Deep In My Heart" / "Born To Make You Happy"

*"...Baby One More Time"

3360499563_4d5b6cc25f.jpg

turne1.jpg

b5edb52410d6a969783b9797aacf22da.jpg

britney-mall-tour.jpg

aaa_217.jpg

The videos:

Autograph signing:

http://youtu.be/26JdAoA8UdU

Tour Video:

http://youtu.be/06iO7L3bGXI

Full Tour:

http://youtu.be/PHG_9zwRe4Q

http://youtu.be/PHG_9zwRe4Q

• Like 1

Year

Title

Duration

Shows

1999–2000

...Baby One More Time Tour ($35,000,000)

June 28, 1999 – April 20, 2000 (North America)

The ...Baby One More Time Tour was Spears' debut headlining concert tour, and promoted her similarly titled first album. Spears designed the stage and worked on the fashion with Gia Ventola. During the 1999 concerts, Spears sang a number of cover versions by well-known artists such as MadonnaJanet Jackson and Journey. A 2000 extension of 24 dates, entitled Crazy 2K, included songs from her upcoming second album, Oops!... I Did It Again. The tour received mostly positive reviews from critics, who called Spears's performance "assured and energetic".She also received accusations of lip synching, which she neither confirmed or denied. The tour had a total gross of $35 million combined with (You Drive Me) Crazy Tour.

tumblr_mkhci32smh1rxbnfyo1_500.gif

black%5B1%5D.jpg

05_244.jpg

On March 5, 1999, it was reported that Spears was planning her first headlining tour to support her first studio album, ...Baby One More Time (1999). Shortly after, she announced that the tour would start in July. On May 12, 1999, Tommy Hilfiger was announced as the main tour sponsor. 

tumblr_mkyiifKjem1qg4mpho1_500.gif

tumblr_n1gz14rLsW1qeuabso1_500.jpg

tumblr_mfpk053eNP1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

tumblr_m1pyjrOgjP1r8e1a4o1_250.png

During the time of the announcement, Spears was being featured in the "AllStars" campaign launched by the company. Hilfiger spoke about the sponsorship saying,

"My passion for music has always inspired my designs. This year we have really put music in the forefront of everything we do. Britney represents the spirit of Tommy Jeans and of youth today. I cannot think of a better way to continue this exciting year by sponsoring one of today's hottest, young recording artists".

Britney-Spears-Baby-One-More-Tim-496883.

78a743421d9cf551bd33756616603af7.jpg

e94e9343bb048e0d5d4f56458ea87203.jpg

• Like 1

The secondary sponsor was supposed to be Nestlé, but they pulled out soon after provocative photographs of Spears shot by David LaChapelle were published in Rolling Stone.Tour dates were released through Pollstar on April 9, 1999, with the tour kicking off on June 28, 1999 in Pompano Beach, Florida.Several dates were added and rescheduled, and the complete schedule was released two months later.

de533d00-d4bf-0131-616f-7e7ae87c392c.gif

Spears talked to CNN about her involvement during the development of the tour, stating that she had designed the entire tour herself, including costumes and concept.Spears worked with fashion designer Gia Ventola to create the costumes for her and the dancers.The proscenium stage was simple and had only one main prop, a staircase in the middle. The band was in both sides of the staircase and consisted of five musicians. There were also six dancers, that took the stage during interludes. The setlist consisted of eight songs from her debut album and several covers by well-known artists.

Spears99AAFoilLam.jpg

normal_XRAY_Montreal_2.jpg

1b50d134bfbd042b7ea98d8166c8cec3.jpg

The show began with a dance introduction by Spears' dancers among smoke effects.She appeared shortly after at the top of the staircase wearing a hot pink vinyl tube top and white vinyl pants with pink knee patches, to perform "(You Drive Me) Crazy".In "Soda Pop" she danced and interacted with the audience, before leaving the stage while her dancers continued. She appeared sitting on the staircase to sing "Born to Make You Happy" and "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart".The show continued with a dance interlude set to Madonna's "Vogue" in which she named Madonna and Janet Jackson as her biggest inspirations. She then took the stage to perform a cover of Madonna's "Material Girl".After this, she performed two covers of Jackson, "Black Cat" and "Nasty".She ended the section with a performance of Sonny & Cher's "The Beat Goes On", accompanied by psychedelic lights. After a dance interlude, she performed the album track "I Will Be There" and a cover of "Open Arms" by Journey, ending with a smile at the top of the staircase. After "Sometimes", she waved and left the stage. The encore consisted of a performance of "...Baby One More Time", in which Spears wore a black bra under pink halter, a pink sequined plaid mini-skirt, and black thigh-high stockings

normal_0353061.jpg

6f481d0edd9e461a4828fb18e353f83a.jpg

XRAY_Backstage_BOMT_28629.jpg

• Like 1

The tour garnered generally positive reviews from critics. Jeffrey Haney of the Deseret News described the show as "funky and flashy".A reporter from USA Today called Spears' performance "assured and energetic".Jim Farber of the Daily News pointed out that Spears seemed to have two personas during the show, one when singing songs from her album and a more edgy look when singing the covers. He also added that "Spears' nods to edginess no doubt reflects her desire to grow into a more mature career".Jane Ganahl of the San Francisco Chronicle said that "she may be somewhat entertaining, but she's also just another prefab act - longer on packaging than actual talent".

Time+Out+With+Britney+1.JPG

Videos:

Behind the scenes:

http://youtu.be/x5tjPNNfhfw

Dance Skills:

http://youtu.be/MvKARmnbMe4

Highlights:

http://youtu.be/yOxpQpPBPZQ

http://youtu.be/yu9K8ds2Bt4

Backstage:

http://youtu.be/A2V7IGSREhE

Full Tour:

http://youtu.be/5HFydE4yERU

• Like 1

Opening acts

·         C-Note (North America) (select venues)

·         Steps (North America) (select venues)

·         Boyz N Girlz United (North America) (select venues)

·         P.Y.T. (North America) (select venues)

·         Michael Fredo (North America) (select venues)

·         3rd Storee (North America) (select venues)

·         Divine (North America) (select venues)

·         Sky (Canada) (select venues)

·         Bosson (North America) (select venues)

Set list

1.      "(You Drive Me) Crazy"

2.      "Soda Pop"

3.      "Born to Make You Happy"

4.      "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart"

5.      "Vogue" (Dance Interlude)

6.      80's Medley:

1.    "Material Girl"

2.    "Black Cat"

3.    "Nasty"

7.      "The Beat Goes On"

8.      "I Will Be There"

9.      "Open Arms"

10.  "Sometimes"

11.  ...Baby One More Time"

Touring

Main articles: ...Baby One More Time Tour and (You Drive Me) Crazy Tour

On March 5, 1999, it was reported that Spears was planning her first headlining tour. She announced that the tour would start in July. On May 12, Tommy Hilfiger was announced as the main tour sponsor. During the time of the announcement, Spears was being featured in the company's "AllStars" campaign. On December 17, during the premiere of the music video of "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" on TRL, Spears called the show to announce March 2000 US tour dates. The extension, entitled Crazy 2K Tour, was considered a prelude to her future world tour. The leg's main sponsor was Got Milk?. Media director Peter Gardiner explained, "Britney is magic with teen-age girls, and that's an absolutely crucial target for milk". Spears shot an advertising campaign to be shown before her performances began.The secondary sponsor was Polaroid and the corporation released the Polaroid I-Zone as the tour's official camera. Spears used the I-Zone onstage to take pictures of the audience and further promote the product.The show was divided into segments, separated by interlude, ending with an encore.The setlist consisted of songs from her debut album and several covers. Some changes were made during the 2000 leg, with the covers replaced by songs from her second studio album, Oops!... I Did It Again. The tour received positive critical appreciation. During the tour, Spears was accused of lip synching, although she denied these claims.On April 20, 2000, the concert at Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu, Hawaii was taped. It was slightly altered from its Crazy 2K incarnation and featured different costumes. On June 5, 2000, it was broadcast on Fox.The special was aired several times during the year. On November 21, 2000, Jive Records released the Live and More! DVD, which included the Fox special. It was certified triple platinum by the RIAA for shipping 300,000 units.

d58ba1986bb8d1efe1b7acd0aacbd5e3.jpg

Britney-Spears-Got-Milk.jpg

• Like 1

You Drive Me Crazy – Crazy 2K tour

(You Drive Me) Crazy Tour (also known as Crazy 2k Tour) was the second concert tour by American recording artist Britney Spears. It was launched in support of her studio albums ...Baby One More Time (1999) and Oops!... I Did It Again (2000). The tour was designed as a continuation of the ...Baby One More Time Tour and a prelude to the Oops!... I Did It Again Tour. It was sponsored byGot Milk? and Polaroid.

BritneyPolaroid.jpg

51aDY0GFhIL.jpg

The tour was divided into various segments, with each segment being followed by an interlude to the next segment, and it ended with an encore. The set list consisted of nine songs, seven from ...Baby One More Time and two unreleased songs from Oops!... I Did It Again, her then-upcoming album. During the tour, Spears was accused of lip synching, although she denied these claims. The show was recorded and broadcast on Fox. A DVD entitled Live and More! was also released.

ffc4a0a57d56bd73eba33b4e0f78b14b.jpg

db52549ebcb3ef89376783a0c61a89b4.jpg

blue9.jpg

• Like 1

On December 17, 1999, during the premiere of the music video for "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" on Total Request Live, Spears called the show to announce March US tour dates. The tour was designed as a continuation of the ...Baby One More Time Tour and a prelude to her future world tour. The leg's main sponsor was Got Milk?. Media director Peter Gardiner explained, "Britney is magic with teen-age girls, and that's an absolutely crucial target for milk". Spears shot an advertising campaign to be shown before her performances began.The secondary sponsor was Polaroid and the corporation released the Polaroid I-Zone as the official camera of the tour. Spears also used the I-Zone onstage to take pictures of the audience and further promote the product.

britney_hawaii-9.gif

7e9104fa1545b151155b88ef6660153d.jpg

normal_XRAY_Memphis_28829.jpg

eac0477425e5c2d74ece25117f4aef20.jpg

53f0dd96374c137c3e1200ee923a3d4b.jpg

goldsuit.jpg

• Like 1

The stage of the (You Drive Me) Crazy Tour was similar to that of the ...Baby One More Time Tour, although much bigger.There were many special effects, including smoke machines and fireworks that erupted during the show. There was a giant projection screen that resembled the magical mirror from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937). Also present was a mechanical magic carpet in which Spears sat and flew over the first 100 feet above the crowd. Spears, who had five costumes changes during the show, was joined on stage by eight dancers. The setlist consisted of nine songs, seven from her debut album and two unreleased songs from her then upcoming album, Oops!... I Did It Again(2000).

XRAY_UNKNOWN_28529.jpg

169e25d687e70b58bf2ca501a891d57f.jpg

15504021_5.jpg?v=8CFDE6DC42722F0

The show opened with a skit in which the dancers came out of lockers and stayed in the stage until a bell rang. They all sat until a female teacher voice started calling their names. After the teacher called Spears, she emerged at the top of the staircase in a cloud of smoke, wearing a top and white stretch pants, to perform a short dance mix of "...Baby One More Time".She then entered one of the lockers and appeared in another one on the opposite side of the stage to perform "(You Drive Me) Crazy".Spears briefly talked to the audience, the segment continued with performances of "Born to Make You Happy" and "I Will Be There". After a dance interlude, Spears appeared onstage sitting on the magic carpet and flew over the audience while singing "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know". When she returned to the stage, she performed another song from her upcoming album, "Oops!... I Did It Again". Spears addressed the audience again before the "Who is the Ultimate Heartbreaker?" interlude, in which her dancers picked a boy from the audience and invited him onstage.Spears took to the stage again wearing a jacket and dedicated the performance of "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" to the boy.She took off her jacket to reveal a pair of black pants that featured a sequined red heart in the back and performed "The Beat Goes On". After two interludes that presented her dancers and band, Spears appeared onstage to perform "Sometimes". The encore consisted of a dance-oriented performance of "...Baby One More Time".

tumblr_m7n1tzmQEr1qmrg0io1_500.gif

• Like 1