What Does It Mean When People Say Take Care Of Yourself First

like when do they mean take care of yourself never got what people mean by that. I know like take care of your physical needs such as eating, shelter, health  and safety. but i get lost when you hear talk in the self help genre about taking care of yourself what do the foggy do they mean with examples.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a bit different. You said "take care of yourself" which basically means to be careful, ppl usually say it if ur going for a roadtrip or about to do something not so harmless.

The "coach" in the video u posted says "take care of YOU first " which is, i believe a way of saying, first u should take care of yourself and then take care of people around u that u care of. Get it? U could say they are homonymic sentences in a way, same form but different meaning.

Its a bit different. You said "take care of yourself" which basically means to be careful, ppl usually say it if ur going for a roadtrip or about to do something not so harmless.

The "coach" in the video u posted says "take care of YOU first " which is, i believe a way of saying, first u should take care of yourself and then take care of people around u that u care of. Get it? U could say they are homonymic sentences in a way, same form but different meaning.

I think U pretty much hit it right on LOL

the meaning of take care of yourself in my native language means that

you wish someone to be safe&doing well in general. in my culture means

when you say to someone take care, or take care of yourself is usually said

when you left the person that you visit, or when a person comes at your house to 

a visit&then left and said to you take care. it's actually a friendly gesture. usually

by the quote take care comes up the friendly tap on someone's shoulder-like this:

pat+on+shoulder.jpg

or shooke hands with the person that you said take care. i can't really expain it lol but ya,

that's how take care of yourself quote actually is used and being understeand in my culture.