Is Britney Spears Ready To Stand On Her Own?

From the New York Times. Forgive me if someone's already shared this: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/arts/music/is-britney-spears-ready-to-stand-on-her-own.html

thanks for sharing. it was a great read, very unbiased. i do wish she was able to stand on her own and have her take full control. I used to be soooo against the C-ship but she's in a great place now and that's all that matters

• Like 1

I think it's obvious as an outsider that Britney's conversatorship doesn't follow the textbook definition of what a conservatorship is. I also think it's clear that Britney is happy and content with the way her life is at the current moment. She seemingly has more freedom than she did when this first started, and is her happy, bubbly, goofy self that everyone fell in love with so long ago. Only Britney, her doctors, etc can determine whether or not it should still be in place, and I don't think any of us have the right to make that decision. We can all have our opinions, sure, but for now I'd rather acknowledge how happy and full of life she is again. That's what's important to me- Britney's happiness.

• Like 5

It's a long read but really worth doing so. :slay:  

If anyone knew the real Britney, they would know that she would rather be remembered for being the great mother she is rather than the artist she is,†said David Lucado, a former boyfriend whose relationship with Ms. Spears foundered in 2014 amid charges of infidelity that Mr. Lucado denies. “And if anyone could see her interactions with her kids, they would know that there is no need for a conservatorship over Britney’s personal life.â€

Alright, preach, David.   :yay1:

I think it's obvious as an outsider that Britney's conversatorship doesn't follow the textbook definition of what a conservatorship is. I also think it's clear that Britney is happy and content with the way her life is at the current moment. She seemingly has more freedom than she did when this first started, and is her happy, bubbly, goofy self that everyone fell in love with so long ago. Only Britney, her doctors, etc can determine whether or not it should still be in place, and I don't think any of us have the right to make that decision. We can all have our opinions, sure, but for now I'd rather acknowledge how happy and full of life she is again. That's what's important to me- Britney's happiness.

I don't think it's something that Britney is comfortable with since she did indeed tried to fight it but I think she just accepted that it's gonna be apart of her life. Sure she can still fight it & say that she wants out but she still would have to go thru the doctors & lawyers & since they're getting $$ out of it that's what makes it harder. I honestly think that Britney is truly back to her old self & is doing amazingly better.. She deserves to be out of it but sadly there's greedy people in this world & would pick money over a persons freedom

I don't think it's something that Britney is comfortable with since she did indeed tried to fight it but I think she just accepted that it's gonna be apart of her life. Sure she can still fight it & say that she wants out but she still would have to go thru the doctors & lawyers & since they're getting $$ out of it that's what makes it harder. I honestly think that Britney is truly back to her old self & is doing amazingly better.. She deserves to be out of it but sadly there's greedy people in this world & would pick money over a persons freedom

She tried to fight it in the beginning when the restraints were stronger and she was not in the right frame of mind. Maybe she's just "accepting" it or maybe she's happy with her life. Either way it's not for us to decide, and we should appreciate the Britney that we have. Her personal life is hers to deal with however she sees fit.

• Like 3

She tried to fight it in the beginning when the restraints were stronger and she was not in the right frame of mind. Maybe she's just "accepting" it or maybe she's happy with her life. Either way it's not for us to decide, and we should appreciate the Britney that we have. Her personal life is hers to deal with however she sees fit.

Its not for us to decide what? I never said or implied that. I just don't think she should be under the conservatorship anymore, she deserves to have complete freedom. If you think that it's ok for her to be under the conservatorship as long as she's happy then that's you but I think she will be happier without it. I mean I'm so glad she's happy & back to herself but I want the best for her and she deserves it. I can't imagine having to have body guards keeping watch on me & be everywhere I go

Its not for us to decide what? I never said or implied that. I just don't think she should be under the conservatorship anymore, she deserves to have complete freedom. If you think that it's ok for her to be under the conservatorship as long as she's happy then that's you but I think she will be happier without it. I mean I'm so glad she's happy & back to herself but I want the best for her and she deserves it. I can't imagine having to have body guards keeping watch on me & be everywhere I go

I was speaking in general terms, whether she should or should not be in a conservatorship isn't our decision to make. We're not Britney, her doctors, lawyers, etc. We're outside fans judging from an outside perspective. I want what's best for Britney, I'm not for her staying in it, nor am I for her getting out. I don't know the circumstances as an inside person to make that judgement call. I am, however, for Britney's happiness, and that's all I see from her now.

• Like 1

:frenchy:

It's possible it is. Think about it, one of the main things the arrangement was doing was making sure she didn't have to testify when she's sued and she just did testify. The old judge in beginning of the cship has since retired and the new judge asked her to testify because they think she's well enough to do so.

On top of that, she's way way way more present then she was in the past. She seems well and everyone around her and even those looking at her from a distance can see she's managing herself. Her dad hasn't even been around Britney as much as he used to be.

It may not end tomorrow or even in three months but I feel that within 3 years it should be over or at least drastically changed to the point where it's really just someone overlooking her finances very distantly. That's what I meant by soon. I know she's money to those people who are working for the cship but I really doubt they want to keep up with this more than needbe. I just feel like once Vegas ends, once she's done everything for B9 and she's in the inbetween phase of this album and next, they're going to review her cship and let it ease up. Especially when you consider the fact that in 3 years or so her boys will be well into their teens so the custody arraignment, (one of the other major reasons for this arrangement) won't have to be as tightly monitored because soon they'll get pseudo-autonomy of themselves like most teens do. My point is it's not for life.

Booboo even without the cship she needs bodyguards. As long as she's been famous she's had someone overlooking everything. She's never been truly "free", it's been a prison of work, a prison of fame, a prison of the mind and now this cship. I think that's probably why she doesn't fight the cship now, it's basically 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other. Just that one is legally binding and the other is a "choice".

This was a great article.  I felt that it was objective and introduced a little bit of new information/quotes.  I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but Britney seems to be the happiest she has been in years.  I think she was clearly upset with the c-ship in the beginning, she talks about it indirectly in "For The Record."  

But now she probably thinks that without the c-ship, her custody would be jeopardized, which is quite possible.  Also, I think it's clear that Britney's main priority is to be a mother and I respect her for that.  Also, considering Britney doesn't comment about it makes me think she would just say it's no ones business which it's not.

Kudos for more promo about Make Me (Ooh).

I just wish they would take note about her improvements in dance for "Piece of Me."  I wish the GP would at least know that she has made major improvements recently.  

If you google "britney spears" a bunch of different articles about her c ship pop up. The media took notice of the original ny times article and it's gaining lots of attention.

Kind of sad since Britney has so much else going on professionally right now. But Im glad it was said.

I think at one point we've all wondered why Brit is still inder a conservatorship. My problem with it is that if Britney is so unstable that she needs a c ship, why is she working so much and signing 2 yr contracts?

The articles Ive read bring up a great point that so many people benefit from Britney being under c ship. Her dad, lawyer, and doctors all get paid while the conservatorship is ongoing. So who is there as an unbiased party with nothing to gain and only britney's best interest in mind?

• Like 1

“Britney wanted to oppose the conservatorship,†he said, “but she was also extremely worried about her kids and seemed to understand that the best thing to do to see her kids was to accept it.â€

This tells you all you need to know. This is why Britney 'accepts' the conservatorship. Her children are the reason. They're her heartbeat.

I find it sad that her boys are used as pawns but I understand that any parent would put their children ahead of their own personal freedom.

• Like 1

If you google "britney spears" a bunch of different articles about her c ship pop up. The media took notice of the original ny times article and it's gaining lots of attention.

Kind of sad since Britney has so much else going on professionally right now. But Im glad it was said.

I think at one point we've all wondered why Brit is still inder a conservatorship. My problem with it is that if Britney is so unstable that she needs a c ship, why is she working so much and signing 2 yr contracts?

The articles Ive read bring up a great point that so many people benefit from Britney being under c ship. Her dad, lawyer, and doctors all get paid while the conservatorship is ongoing. So who is there as an unbiased party with nothing to gain and only britney's best interest in mind?

I noticed that this morning, this article is spawning a ton of articles on her c-ship. Comments on the articles have provided some interesting perspectives on the whole thing. Ngl, I'm super curious as to "behind the scenes" of Britney Spears, but ultimately it isn't our business and I respect her right to the privacy she does have.

I don't like to talk about her personal life because is not fans business but I don't think she's that unstable to be under a conservatorship...
Just because she's in a better state and she hasn't public talked about it doesn't mean she's happy with it.
I find quite selfish fans who are happy with this.

The article was OK, but just OK!!! I did NOT at all like the part where the author called her dance moves, "stiff, robotic" and it looks like she was "just doing a job". If the author has seen any of her shows within the last year he would know that her dancing is on par with ear 2000 Britney and wouldn't say such stupid shit!! Also she has said multiple times that she loves dancing and she couldn't live without it and she loves performing so I doubt she treats it like "Just a job"!!!!  :frenchy:  :displeased:  :4music:  :imout: I think all that matters is that Britney is happy and in a good place! If the cship is responsible for that then I'm all for it! I don't think any fans should really be for or against it without knowing what's really going on. It's up to her, her conservators and doctors. 

tumblr_inline_ni7eyy8ngC1t5kjw7.gif

• Like 3

It's possible it is. Think about it, one of the main things the arrangement was doing was making sure she didn't have to testify when she's sued and she just did testify. The old judge in beginning of the cship has since retired and the new judge asked her to testify because they think she's well enough to do so.

On top of that, she's way way way more present then she was in the past. She seems well and everyone around her and even those looking at her from a distance can see she's managing herself. Her dad hasn't even been around Britney as much as he used to be.

It may not end tomorrow or even in three months but I feel that within 3 years it should be over or at least drastically changed to the point where it's really just someone overlooking her finances very distantly. That's what I meant by soon. I know she's money to those people who are working for the cship but I really doubt they want to keep up with this more than needbe. I just feel like once Vegas ends, once she's done everything for B9 and she's in the inbetween phase of this album and next, they're going to review her cship and let it ease up. Especially when you consider the fact that in 3 years or so her boys will be well into their teens so the custody arraignment, (one of the other major reasons for this arrangement) won't have to be as tightly monitored because soon they'll get pseudo-autonomy of themselves like most teens do. My point is it's not for life.

I don't think it's gonna end anytime soon tbh but I do hope it does come to an end. It just makes things hard when u have greedy ppl around u

Booboo even without the cship she needs bodyguards. As long as she's been famous she's had someone overlooking everything. She's never been truly "free", it's been a prison of work, a prison of fame, a prison of the mind and now this cship. I think that's probably why she doesn't fight the cship now, it's basically 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other. Just that one is legally binding and the other is a "choice".

What is she gonna need bodyguards for? There's literally only 1-2 papz that that take pics of her lol

Stalkers. General crazy people. Rabbid fans...

MTE! Bodyguards are essential for more than just paparazzi when you're a celebrity of Britney's caliber. Hell, even KEVIN uses them. Britney's got minor children with her at least 50% of the time that need protection on top of herself.

• Like 1