Billboard Ranks The 88 Diamond Certified Albums From Worst to Best - Britney Appears Twice Obviously

The list starts at 88 (as the Worst), and ends at #1 (as the best)

81. Britney Spears. …Baby One More Time (1999, 14x Platinum)

Britney’s chips-half-in debut effort has aged about as well as an album with a Sonny & Cher cover, special guest appearances from Mikey Bassie and Don Phillip, and a climactic slow song called “E-Mail My Heart” could be expected to. But “Crazy” still goes – if not as hard as in its Melissa Joan Hart-approved remix – and we’ll know the aliens come in peace if they make first contact via the title track’s three-note piano hook.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

62. Britney Spears, Oops!... I Did It Again (2000, 10x Platinum)

Packs the edge Spears’ debut sorely lacked: the title track establishes that not-that-innocent Britney would be taking over from here, “Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know” proved her capable of post-puppy-love balladry (rightly enduring as a fan and artist favorite), and even the Stones cover is impressively nervy. Doesn’t last the whole way, unfortunately: Once Lucky accepts her Academy Award, feel free to FF through the rest.

Source: 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/billboard-lists/7526410/diamond-certified-album-riaa-ranked

• Like 2

Such old albums...  hardly any young person now even heard 10 out of all...

sad how album sales died and shifted into single sales ... And its all Apples fault

ppl used to have to go get the album and hear it for the first time... Not preview everything for free whenever they want,  judge the album and then handpick the one song they liked and go download it illegaly.

itunes destroyed the music industry not piracy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenBBitches said:

iTunes was created in response to heavy piracy.  Its been noted with saving the music industry by most major record labels.  Know your history. 

I know my history just fine.  Piracy always was and always will be and dont let propaganda record labels created to make money of ads fool you...

i dont buy music. Me and like 50 ppl i know use itunes for 1 purpose... To preview all those new songs and albums for free so it would be 100 times easier to go find a torrent for them.

would i have gone to walmart to get a copy of Femme Fatale if i previewed it first ? No. Could have saved money there.

would i have gone to walmart to buy BJ if i didnt preview it first? No way. One free spin on that album on itunes was enough to not bother getting it.

itunes took the excitement out of going to get a physical copy at the store.  They can lie all they want.... Album sales were just fine before itunes was created and started evolving. 

Movies are a available for illegal download everywhere some even before they hit theatres yet ticket sales are soaring...

12 hours ago, Light Yagami said:

Such old albums...  hardly any young person now even heard 10 out of all...

sad how album sales died and shifted into single sales ... And its all Apples fault

ppl used to have to go get the album and hear it for the first time... Not preview everything for free whenever they want,  judge the album and then handpick the one song they liked and go download it illegaly.

itunes destroyed the music industry not piracy.

I much prefer how I get music now. I pay for what I think is worth it. I am not for going back to the days of, "I really liked their singles let me go buy the album" only to realize it fucking sucks and now I'm out $20.

And in the UK at least, it appears piracy is falling: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/07/04/internet-piracy-falls-to-record-lows-amid-rise-of-spotify-and-ne/

• Like 2