The Curious Staying Power of Britney’s Perfume Empire

http://www.racked.com/2016/10/20/13260722/curious-britney-spears-perfume-fantasy-fragrance

I don't have any of her perfumes. If someone here does, is there one you'd recommend? I wouldn't mind grabbing one ... 

Curious became "by far" the number one scent not just in the celebrity category, but across the entire fragrance industry, Grant says, breaking all of Elizabeth Arden's records for a fragrance launch. As of 2013, Curious had sold 500 million bottles, according to The Hollywood Reporter. And it’s not even Spears’s most successful fragrance — according to Elizabeth Arden, that top position is occupied by Fantasy, her musky, fruity potion released in 2005.

7 minutes ago, Skrillney's Sugar Rushhhh said:

Wait her perfumes sell more than her albums :orangu:
And what I don't get, does she make them herself?

Enviado desde mi SM-G531M mediante Tapatalk

I think she had a big hand in Curious and probably Fantasy. Every star says they custom tailor their scents, but I do believe Britney when she said that she was really, really involved in Curious.

And I wouldn't be surprised if her perfumes sell more- some people who don't even like her music buy her fragrances, plus you can go through a LOT of bottles of perfume, whereas how many copies of an album is the average person going to buy? I've bought multiple copies of her albums but I've probably spent far more money on her perfumes (especially Curious and original Fantasy).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Skrillney's Sugar Rushhhh said:

Wait her perfumes sell more than her albums :orangu:
And what I don't get, does she make them herself?

Enviado desde mi SM-G531M mediante Tapatalk

There's footage of her at least sampling a perfume in for the record. Hidden fantasy I believe. So while she might not be mixing the scents, she does/did have a say in the final product.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ifuseekme said:

i bought someone fantasy twist for xmas and they said they liked Midnight fantasy, but i think the fantasy was defective i think and smelled like rubbing alcohol :selenerz:

Fantasy smelled better before it waa refolmulated, now it smells bitter and too much kiwi :pieceofwhat:

• Like 1