What is up with her team?

Can we please have an intelligent conversation about Primeney's team and Currentney's team? :yaknow: Please try to avoid sarcastic remarks, dragging, short witty remarks. Let's get serious about something that has been plaguing the Britney army for a long time lbr.

What really happened to Britney's promotional team post-2007? :waitWAT:  There's clearly a difference. Every era up to 2008 was amazing (not to say that there weren't some things that went wrong or could have been better) but imo everything post-2007 has been mediocre at best :disagreewitchu: and I'm not talking about Britney's own ability to compare to Primeney right now. Even had she not been super awkward for years, the promotional strategies have just fallen short from expectations that the pre-meltdown promotional team had set for creating iconic album eras :ashley:  lets break it down :thinkingpinky: 

Mmm, I think that her team did a really good job with the Circus era, they knew how to make it feel like a big comeback with an album full of safe hits, some public appearances that were meant to be an "I'm ok" statement, the documentary that helped people get her side of the story and a world tour. On the FF era they didn't really fuck up that much, I feel like they didn't book that many promo gigs because they knew that Britney wasn't up for it, I'm sure they would've promoted much more if she had been like she is right now. It was during the BJ era that they started to really mess things up, and I feel like their biggest mistake was to try to finish and promote an album and prepare a Vegas residency at the same time, because you can tell after watching I Am Britney Jean that they were constantly on a rush! Besides, the original contract and the fact that she couldn't perform outside of the Axis was a big NO. The promo for Glory is a bit "We're trying this time", it's not that bad, but a combination of bad luck, them playing it safe and the GP not being into current Britney is making it hard for her to succeed. I don't know, that's how I see it :aintevenmad: 

• Like 3

back in the late 90s and early 00s, you needed more performances on tv, magazine shootings etc to reach people. now people get what they want by just clicking one link on the internet, you know what i mean? maybe her team thinks that we fans do the most promo by tweeting (etc) about her.

it sucks and i wished they'd promote more.

Circus era promotion was actually great, only thing was that Britney wasn't at her best (and that's understandable because it was just a year after her breakdown).

It started being shit with FF, but Britney has a part of responsability too imo, i mean i'm sure if they could her label would make her travel all around the world to promote and perform everywhere and keep her on the spotlight all the time, it's not only their fault, they do what they can with what they have, which is a Britney who's not putting her career first anymore, that's all. And a label won't spend millions and move mountains for someone who's doing it "for fun".

Now about Glory, it's not that bad, thing is that MM was released too soon, but it leaked so i guess they didn't  have a choice, but the video mess happened... they should prepare a backup promo plan in case of things getting scrapped or have to be released sooner tbh. But the promo that was planned was actually fine, it's britney who's playing it too safe imo, everything seems pretty boring or basic, cheesy and cheap. If she would do spectacular performances again, if she would have real interviews+performance on talk shows instead of a dumb 5 minutes skit, stop playing the goofy blonde etc. it would be a lot better and interesting.

• Like 1

I think it was all good, I think 2007 threw them off a bit cuz that's when everything (not just Britney) kinda changed and then they kinda picked it up. 2010-2011 had good promo, not a lot, but better than 2013 and then in 2013 they went to sh*t cuz the residency was the main thing, and then now they're like: Now we know what we're kinda doing so we can do more now :mhm: 

It's probably very challenging managing an artist like Britney who at this point is a legacy artist who doesn't connect with the masses they way she used to.

I think budgets got tighter as sales started going down and a lot of what she does in terms of promo is dependent on what sponsors she has. 

Also the BJ era was crap because it was really just a calling card for POM. 

She's on the right track now but her team has to work out what kind of artist she wants to be and how to translate that into what it takes to make someone like her a major success again. Until then she's gonna keep flying under the radar the way she is now.

A lot of people like to blame Britney's team without looking at Britney herself. "Currentney" is not the same as "Primeney". Her career is not her main focus, it doesn't drive her the way it did when she was younger. She doesn't want to do all the things she did back then, and she's definitely earned her right not to and to voice that. I think her team does the best with what they can, there's always room for improvement, sure- and they're definitely not perfect/have their faults. But so does Britney, and she shares some of the blame for the way things are and fans disappointments. Personally, I don't really care if Britney is on top of the world or flying under the radar. The music is great, she looks amazing/genuinely happy and is performing better than she has in years. These are  the things that matter to me as a fan now, not where she places on the charts or how she measures up to others in the business.

Its easy. Britney gained a name and a family and just like all artists like that... Their team understands and accepts it and everything changes.

Larry is a good friend of hers by now... She clearly didnt care about being number one and her team dont have that demand by the label to make her #1 like they do with young artists.

so things change.

in her prime the goal was to break records and earn money and become the best. Now its just for fun.

best way to explain it is to use your job. (It is her job after all)

lets say you start your job and youre very excited you have alot to prove and alot to do to be a boss favourite and make lots of money to start a family, probaly make some fake friends and put in tons of overtime.

10 years in that job and multiple promotions you stop caring... You do your job but you dont have goals and dont put in overtime.you have a family to take care of and you have the power that allows you to not be worries about not going at it

• Like 1

I'm actually gonna have to disagree with u with the whole post 2007 thing .. Britney's promotional strategies have been great & spot on from Baby one more time all the way thru femme fatale .. the problem is not Britney's team, the problem lies with her labels marketing/ promotional team (basically RCA) .. ever since she moved to RCA it's been nothing but problems. right when Britney was on to her 4th single (criminal) during the ff era thats when jive records decided to shut down & move some of their artists to RCA & as soon as that happened criminal flopped. HIAM, TTWE, & IWG were all released thru Jive records & did amazing on the charts but once she signed with RCA her following single criminal flopped. Jive records promoted & marketed Britney in the right direction.. she didn't even have to promote & HIAM went straight to #1 that's how good jive was. What she needs is not a new team, she needs a new record label. RCA Records are greedy w/ their money & don't believe in their artists. They don't like to invest in a lot of marketing & promotion hence why majority of their artists flop 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Light Yagami said:

Its easy. Britney gained a name and a family and just like all artists like that... Their team understands and accepts it and everything changes.

Larry is a good friend of hers by now... She clearly didnt care about being number one and her team dont have that demand by the label to make her #1 like they do with young artists.

so things change.

in her prime the goal was to break records and earn money and become the best. Now its just for fun.

best way to explain it is to use your job. (It is her job after all)

lets say you start your job and youre very excited you have alot to prove and alot to do to be a boss favourite and make lots of money to start a family, probaly make some fake friends and put in tons of overtime.

10 years in that job and multiple promotions you stop caring... You do your job but you dont have goals and dont put in overtime.you have a family to take care of and you have the power that allows you to not be worries about not going at it

I sometimes believe that is how Britney sees herself. Her jobtitle is "performer", thats her job, and she does what they tell her to do, just so she can go home. Remember in the "For the record" when she said she couldn't meet someone, because she had to "work" as she called it. She calls it a job, and she calls it work. Because it IS hard work.

I'm an amateur actress myself, and I just had 6 fantastic years in my own theatre. I performed, directed, managed, and did everything theatrewise. I was a powerhouse. Now, after a bad relationsship, and school ended - I feel nothing. I don't feel like doing theatre, and today I'm gonna be in my favourite TV-show and I dont even feel like I really want to. But I will keep on trying to perform and act, because I hope to be inspired. And a few times, I get all excited and like "My life is changing, I'm gonna be SOO artistic now!" but when I come home, all I want to do is just watch TV with my boyfriend and my cat. I want to focus on other things. I have spent every afternoon on that theatre, so I don't know what else to do now.

Sorry for the Off-topic story, I think I just, on a small scale, really get what Britney feels. Of course she loves performing, and she is involved more than we know and more than we give her credit for, but people should stop saying it's her dear teams fault. If they could they would get her on every talk show, but in the end its her that should ask for it, but she doesn't want to. She wants to do some, but not all.

I think a lot of it has to do with Britney herself though. Whatever they do sort of has to fit into her schedule with the boys. But you can't be BRITNEY SPEARS 2001 if you choose to do that. And clearly she doesn't want to be BRITNEY SPEARS anymore. So as long as she's happy making music we shouldn't care.

3 hours ago, Joanhs said:

I sometimes believe that is how Britney sees herself. Her jobtitle is "performer", thats her job, and she does what they tell her to do, just so she can go home. Remember in the "For the record" when she said she couldn't meet someone, because she had to "work" as she called it. She calls it a job, and she calls it work. Because it IS hard work.

I'm an amateur actress myself, and I just had 6 fantastic years in my own theatre. I performed, directed, managed, and did everything theatrewise. I was a powerhouse. Now, after a bad relationsship, and school ended - I feel nothing. I don't feel like doing theatre, and today I'm gonna be in my favourite TV-show and I dont even feel like I really want to. But I will keep on trying to perform and act, because I hope to be inspired. And a few times, I get all excited and like "My life is changing, I'm gonna be SOO artistic now!" but when I come home, all I want to do is just watch TV with my boyfriend and my cat. I want to focus on other things. I have spent every afternoon on that theatre, so I don't know what else to do now.

Sorry for the Off-topic story, I think I just, on a small scale, really get what Britney feels. Of course she loves performing, and she is involved more than we know and more than we give her credit for, but people should stop saying it's her dear teams fault. If they could they would get her on every talk show, but in the end its her that should ask for it, but she doesn't want to. She wants to do some, but not all.

You summed up the feeling perfectly.

our lives are exciting when were young but then it becomes boring even if youre britney spears... Fans just need to understand everyone grows up eventually.

working with people all the time is horrible so i understand her not wanting to do much... You can only put up with strangers for that long until youd want to hide away forever... Her team knowing she has problems are probably going easy on her.

i have a serious social anxiety so i cannot be expected to withstand communicating with people... Unfortunately my job required me to deal with over 100k ppl over the past 5 years and i learned to fake conversations but i seriously am so fed with talking to people and having to listen to their bullshit  i just want to hide under the bed.

i totally understand her running away off stage and awards shows once her job is done...id run away too

• Like 1