What she really needs is a MV that focuses on the aesthetics

I feel like with all of the videos she's done in the last couple of eras they've tried to go for expensive MV's with over the top sets, explosions, special effects, controversial scenes etc. And I think that rather than relying on the shock factor they should try to keep things simple and hire a talented director that focuses on finding the right angles, the right lightning, the colours, the perfect shots, etc. and carefully puts everything together to create a good quality final product. I don't know if you understand what I mean, hopefully I explained myself, but I just wanted to make this thread because of this whole "her next music video is gonna be her cheapest ever omg it's gonna be horrible, they're gonna scrap everything omg" drama that's starting to haunt the fanbase again. You don't need to spend millions of dollars on a music video for it to be good, it just needs to be done right, and I think that it's time for Britney to have something like what I described before :yestbh:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, heather said:

I agree with you and we could have had that with the new version of make me tbh. Cut the opening scene and that "auditioning guys" scene(s) and we're left with the solo shots of Britney- which were not only breathtakingly beautiful but also cute, sexy and playful.

Totally! The solo shots of Britney were gorgeous, if they had mixed them with some dancing cuts we would've gotten a beautiful MV, I don't know why they didn't think of that :dontlike:

• Like 1

I feel like with all of the videos she's done in the last couple of eras they've tried to go for expensive MV's with over the top sets, explosions, special effects, controversial scenes etc. And I think that rather than relying on the shock factor they should try to keep things simple and hire a talented director that focuses on finding the right angles, the right lightning, the colours, the perfect shots, etc. and carefully puts everything together to create a good quality final product. I don't know if you understand what I mean, hopefully I explained myself, but I just wanted to make this thread because of this whole "her next music video is gonna be her cheapest ever omg it's gonna be horrible, they're gonna scrap everything omg" drama that's starting to haunt the fanbase again. You don't need to spend millions of dollars on a music video for it to be good, it just needs to be done right, and I think that it's time for Britney to have something like what I described before :yestbh:

He's right you know

39 minutes ago, heather said:

I agree with you and we could have had that with the new version of make me tbh. Cut the opening scene and that "auditioning guys" scene(s) and we're left with the solo shots of Britney- which were not only breathtakingly beautiful but also cute, sexy and playful.

That's basically the special version released in her video game which is tons better than the official one with the annoying audition and giggling :icant:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, King of Disaster said:

I wish she works with Yoann Lemoine, who directed Lana Del Rey's Born to Die and Blue Jeans. He really cares about aestetics

Oh my god YES! The Born To Die music video is a masterpiece, it's so aesthetically pleasing and the way it's shot is beautiful!

This opening shot alone slays me, everything, from the composition to the colours, is perfect :crying1:

1531eyu.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I_need_me said:

Oh my god YES! The Born To Die music video is a masterpiece, it's so aesthetically pleasing and the way it's shot is beautiful!

This opening shot alone slays me, everything, from the composition to the colours, is perfect :crying1:

1531eyu.jpg

Every scene in that video is captivating and beautiful :crying1:

Spoiler

Unlike Make Me which makes my eyes burn

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_giphy.gif

• Like 1

I agree 100%!!!

At last someone that actually suggests something that makes sense. :thumbsup:

The only other suggestions I had seen so far were music videos that she portrays a whore shaking her ass...:zoomzoom:

I disagree with the "make me" suggestion. Those solo scenes were indeed the best in the video but they were also pure boring crap...:awkwarddd:

A nice simple concept (perhaps with a clever twist), artistic work with good aesthetics that actually match the song and BOOM...Masterpiece!!! :)

(may I add that a simple, really memorable, unforced choreo can skyrocket the video!!)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dragneel said:

I agree 100%!!!

At last someone that actually suggests something that makes sense. :thumbsup:

The only other suggestions I had seen so far were music videos that she portrays a whore shaking her ass...:zoomzoom:

I disagree with the "make me" suggestion. Those solo scenes were indeed the best in the video but they were also pure boring crap...:awkwarddd:

A nice simple concept (perhaps with a clever twist), artistic work with good aesthetics that actually match the song and BOOM...Masterpiece!!! :)

(may I add that a simple, really memorable, unforced choreo can skyrocket the video!!)

Yeah, I mean, I don't have a problem with sexual concepts, I actually like them, but it'd be refreshing if one of her videos had a more artistic approach. It could still be sexual and revealing and stuff, but you know, I'd like the shots, the colours and everything to look less "average". Maybe it's because I spend too much time on Tumblr and watching K-Pop videos :aintevenmad: