Updated With Pg The Video Collection - All Of Britney's Videos - With Interesting Facts - Includes The Videos We Will Never See

I thought it would be cool to have all of Britney's videos in one space - with video facts and song information. 

I have included the singles that have no videos and also videos that we have never seen and the videos that were never made.. :whatever:

If you have more interesting facts - or things that I have missed - please comment and I will add it to the facts  :thumbsup:

I hope you guys enjoy this it has taken ages...  :icantttt:

It will take a while to post as it is soooo long and will need to be posted video by video...  :h8w8:

The posts will include rumours and facts - gathered from many sources and also includes some wikipedia descriptions :hflip:

Oh and every one of these videos deserve a VMA - just saying...

:igbai:

PS - Credits to PokemonSpears for the video comparisons!! 

• Like 8

…Baby One More Time

This was Britney's first hit, and it propelled her to stardom. The slick sound earned plenty of radio play, but it was the image of the schoolgirl Spears, who was just 16 when the song was released on October 23, 1998, that made her a sensation. MTV played the video, but it was the internet that gave her the most traction, as teenage girls and guys of all ages logged into their AOL accounts and typed some variation of "Britney Spears" into Alta Vista to see more of the starlet. Over the next 10 years, Spears led the world in celebrity news, with one incident after another documented by eager paparazzi. But it all started with this: a very slick Pop song about a girl who wants another chance with the guy she broke up with.

Max Martin wrote this song and produced it. Martin is a Swedish citizen with a knack for catchy pop songs. He created hits for The Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC in addition to Spears.

max-martin-large-535x297.jpg

The video was shot at Venice High School in Los Angeles, which was the setting for Rydell High in the movie Grease.

Grease-Danny-Sandy-Dancing.gif

This was first offered to the group TLC, who turned it down. It was later accepted by Britney. TLC's "T-Boz" Watkins explained to MTV News that the trio passed on the song as they didn't feel it represented the band appropriately. "I was like, I like the song but do I think it's a hit? Do I think it's TLC? I'm not saying 'hit me baby.'"

"No disrespect to Britney," she added. "It's good for her. But was I going to say 'hit me baby one more time'? Hell no!"

In the UK, this was the biggest-selling single of 1999.

Some people hear a backwards message in this: if you play the part where it says "With you I lose my mind give me a sign" backwards, it supposedly says, "Sleep with me I'm not too young."

tumblr_mcj66yIafu1rxr01i.gif

"When it came time to make a promo clip for . . . Baby One More Time, Spears had to show that her Southern conviviality had its limits. Jive had hired on video director Joseph Khan, whose concept reached the storyboard stage before Spears spoke up. "They had this really bizarre video idea, this animated Power Ranger-y thing," she explains. "I said, `This is not right. If you want me to reach four-year-olds, then OK, but if you want me to reach my age group. . .' So I had this idea where we're in school and bored out of our minds, and we have Catholic uniforms on. And I said, `Why don't we have knee-highs and tie the shirts up to give it a little attitude?' -- so it wouldn't be boring and cheesy." The seventeen-year-old won the day, and the rest is chart history." 

britneybomt_1.gif

"Britney had learned early in life through role models like Madonna that image was as important as the music for mainstream success, though even Madonna's first video appearance wasn't as controversial as Britney's. JIVE had selected 'Baby One More Time' as the lead single, proposing an animated video with Britney as a Space Rangers-type heroine. Britney was horrified: "I was freaking out. They were, like, really set on it. They were gonna do it. I was like, 'Y'all, Please. I do not want to be some Power Ranger and have my watch come out and kill somebody.' So I told them my idea." (Excerpt from the unofficial biography "Britney")

PF09Fnb.gif

Take that Jive….

Mighty+Morphin+Power+Rangers.+Pussy+so+c

"Her intuition perhaps saved her from stumbling on the music video of “Baby One More Time” that would be the make-or-break test for her. When she saw the document describing the creative treatment planned for the video, which had her fighting with an animated monster, she simply said, “My audience won’t go for this.” According to manager Larry Rudolph, she mapped out what her audience would respond to right off the top of her head: Britney tapping a pencil, waiting for the school bell to ring, and bam, the dancing begins. Lots of good looking kids. Very simple. No gimmicks. Spears and Rudolph called Jive President Barry Weiss and changed what was to be a video of her battling with an animated monster (at a cost of $800,000) into the idea she spun in less than five minutes (with a price tag of $250,000)."

When asked by Out Magazine what the worst advice is that she ever received from a record executive, Britney replied: "Someone once told me that the '... Baby One More Time' video should be me as a superhero fighting a giant robot monster."

tumblr_myucdmQ0gP1s1popdo1_400.gif

"And even on the set, as wardrobe production people tried to dress her for her video, she changed the wardrobe based on her own instincts – sparking the belly button fad that continues to rage."

bomt3.gif

"The reaction to "the schoolgirl-on-heat persona", as one writer described it, especially in the ...Baby One More Time video, which featured the 17-year-old Britney dressed in a schoolgirl outfit with her shirt tied up revealingly, was explosive. Britney's management was accused of exploiting her underage sexuality. "It wasn’t us force-feeding this teenage girl sexual ideas," Lunt insists. "It was the other way round! We were trying to stop it. It was Britney who wanted to wear the sexy schoolgirl uniform. She was the one who tied up the shirt to show the belly."

In a 2009 interview with MTV News, the director of the video, Nigel Dick, gave full credit to Spears for coming up with her schoolgirl look. "My idea originally was just jeans and T-shirts, and we were at the wardrobe fitting and Britney holds up the jeans and T-shirts and says, 'Wouldn't I wear a schoolgirl outfit?' " he said. "Every piece of wardrobe in the video came from Kmart, and I was told at the time not one piece of clothing in the video cost more than $17. On that level, it's real. That probably, in retrospect, is a part of its charm."

tumblr_m79w03kcdl1qfu2deo1_500.gif

To be continued.....

• Like 5

Baby one more time continued..

The love interest in the BOMT video is Britney’s cousin Chad.

..Baby One more time is the only song to be performed in every tour. (credits to RebellionBrit)

..Baby One More time is the disc that has the most different versions, both the flower and the background can be found in different colours.(credits to Rebellion Brit)

The teacher in the music video is played by fan favourite assistant Felicia.

a_560x0.jpg

Video Icon: Basketball Ball

tumblr_mty51kAIns1qd4z2ko6_500.gif

Album

2014030714124996.jpg

Single Cover:

e3c937177539012f4b90a744.jpg

Video:

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/i5TBA4xJZcg

• Like 3

Sometimes

Spears started rehearsing for the music video for "Sometimes" in February 1999. However, during the rehearsals, the singer injured her knee and was forced to start sessions of physical therapy. A month later, Spears released in a statement: "I want to thank my wonderful fans and all of the people who have offered their love and support during this time," while revealing she wouldn't be able to shoot the music video until April 1999. The music video was later directed by Nigel Dick, who also directed her previous video for Spears' 1998 debut single "...Baby One More Time". It was shot at the Paradise Cove in Malibu, California. The music video was released on May 6, 1999 on Total Request Live.

tumblr_inline_mg2sjqRdNI1qgdqyp.jpg

Britney-Spears-in-Wheelchair--4373.jpg

XRAY_KENTWOOD_28429.jpg

According to MTV, the initial concept for the music video was to portray Spears on the porch of a beachfront home watching a group of kids having fun, prompting flashbacks about her former boyfriend. The video begins with Spears going to the telescope, and Spears is looking through a telescope, The concept was later changed a man and a dog walk on the beach, portraying the singer as the girl next door, watching her love interest, played by model Chad Cole, from afar. The beach location was kept, and the music video intercuts with scenes of Spears' dancing on the Paradise Cove pier with her dancers dressed all in beach-friendly white attire, then Spears sits near a car. A writer of Rolling Stone noted the video is best known for "purifying the sexy persona Spears introduced in the '... Baby One More Time' video", while describing it as "a virginal Britney in a long, flowing white dress (and other demure outfits) gazes at a clean-cut boy on the beach, then she walks on the balcony with a pink ball, then does some chaste choreography that features her dancers forming a heart while  she sings that she only wants to "hold you tight, treat you right." Spears is sitting on a picnic blanket wishing she was there with him. She leaves alone." On February 20, 2012, behind the scenes footage of the music video leaked online.

tumblr_lmklcdfRNr1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

Paul Walker was originally cast to be the love interest in the video.

tumblr_lsm9zbmApe1qgyco5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ls9b2tUgyA1r3ty02o1_500.gif

In the scene where they create a heart – the shadow of the camera can be seen.

britneyspears-sometimes-2.jpg

If you look closely – you can see that they blackout the BMW sign in the music video

britney_spears_sometimes-3.gif

To be continued.....

• Like 3

Sometimes continued

Part of the video has been shot outside Britney’s beach house.

Blink 182 shot a sort of video parody of “Sometimes” for their single “All the small things” in 2000.

tumblr_mb522zOeD81qk192co1_500.gif

There is a scene by the car – where one of the extras is seen scratching her crotch.

tumblr_mzq1zc3lUP1qmn7e8o1_500.jpg

britney_sometimes.gif

The song created controversy over the writing credits. Steve Wallace, an Indiana songwriter, claimed he wrote "Sometimes" in 1990, but didn't copyright it until 2003, four years after Spears registered the song's copyright. Wallace claimed Spears confessed he wrote the song, by showing to the court a possible e-mail from the singer, which said, "I now know for a fact that you wrote ['Sometimes']. But there's nothing I can do about it. That's all I can say about it." The e-mail was considered fake and the lawsuit was dismissed on October 31, 2005, when Judge John D. Tinder claimed the singer didn't steal the song.

Take that Steve….

britney_sometimes-2.gif

sometimesbs.gif

Video Icon: Sometimes Dog

1999%20-%20Sometimes.jpg

Album:

2014030714124996.jpg

Single cover:

BritneySpears-Sometimes.jpg

Video comparison:

http://youtu.be/t6HcVxPk8yk

Video:

http://youtu.be/t0bPrt69rag

• Like 3

(You drive me) Crazy:

Like Britney's â€¦Baby One More Time, this song was written and produced by Max Martin. Spears told MTV News in 1998 that she thought it was an extension of her debut hit. She said: "It's an uptempo (song). Kinda like '... Baby One More Time,' same feel a little. A bit of rock in it."

Rock?

tumblr_n5j7fgdEfS1tr6pz0o1_500.gif

Britney played a waitress in the song's music video. She told MTV News: "Actually, the concept of the video is all my idea" The young singer added that she thought "it would be cool to be in a club, and we're dorky waitresses, and we break out and start dancing."

giphy.gif

The video stayed in Top 10 of TRL USA for 65 days

tumblr_mqs258aBAk1r3ty02o1_500.gif

In 2000 was nominated in VMA’s for Best Dance Video

The choice to release (You Drive Me) Crazy as single has been improvised - Email My Heart was chose as single only for USA - The song wouldn’t have had to be a single because in any commercial board said it but with the release of “Drive Me Crazy” movie with Melissa Joan Hart and Adrian Grenier (both in the official video f the song) has been asked a promotion request, so Jive remixed the song for to rend it more commercial and it came out as (You Drive Me) Crazy [The Stop Remix]

tumblr_lrvuvtCNW71r3ty02o1_500.gif

Adrian Grenier did not want to be in the music video – however he was convinced by Melissa Joan Heart and Nigel Dick:

The song featured on the soundtrack of the romantic comedy film, Drive Me Crazy. Melissa Joan Hart and Adrian Grenier reprised their roles from the movie in the video. Nigel Dick, who directed the promo told MTV News that it was a struggle to convince Grenier to make an appearance in it. "The big issue is that Adrian Grenier did not want to be in the video," he said. "So, I was given instructions to ring him up and make sure he appeared in the video. I said, 'You know what, Adrian, I just think it would be great for your career, and Britney's a great girl and she's fun to work with.' Eventually he came around."

tumblr_mcurv5qJ7O1rxtdxuo1_400.gif

orig-14207391.jpg

orig-14207411.jpg

To be Continued..

• Like 2

(You Drive me) Crazy continued..

In the video Britney’s dancers hold up outfits which Britney asked if it can be incorporated in the video.

Britney made an appearance in Sabrina the teenage witch – where it was discussed that Melissa Joan Heart appears in her video.

The song was used in Melissa Joan Hearts movie – You drive me crazy.

Drive_me_crazy_poster.jpg

The dancers cheer her on in the microphone singing scenes.

tumblr_lz2duyYJfS1r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

Wade Robson appears in the video – he is the guy in the white workman suit.

Did you know the Japanese version of the single came with a booklet?

Crazy+Japan_0004.jpg

Crazy+Japan_0005.jpg

Crazy+Japan_0006.jpg

Crazy+Japan_0007.jpg

Video Icon: Britney gum

giphy.gif

Album: 

2014030714124996.jpg

Single Cover: 

single03.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/sk4x8qpsERk

Video:

http://youtu.be/Q4VK9_CfOLQ

• Like 2

Born to make you happy:

Jive Records commissioned a music video for the song to be directed by Billie Woodruff. It was produced under Geneva Films, while the choreography was created by Wade Robson.The narrative of the video shows Spears dreaming as she sleeps in her room. As the dream begins, Spears is shown in a blue and silver futuristic room with several different levels, where she sings and walks around, and puts her feet on the wall while wearing a shiny silver outfit. MTV news reporter Ellen Thompson considered it the sexiest moment of the music video.As the video continues, Spears is seen on top of the apartment building she lives in, performing a dance segment in a red top and black skirt with a few backup dancers. The following scenes shows the singer wearing white clothes and singing in the room in which she is sleeping, while her love interest comes into her room to see her. Together, they start a pillow fight that shortly ends after Spears is shown again in her room still sleeping, however, now with a smile upon her face. A longer dance segment intercalates with all the scenes during the whole video.

tumblr_lud5fyZnQh1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The original concept was to portray Spears in a dream, lamenting over her ex-lover, by whom she was secretly pregnant with their child, but Jive immediately withdrew the idea once it was leaked to the public and received negative reception. The opening scene of the music video – Britney appears to be pregnant – so the original idea may have been scrapped last minute.

enhanced-buzz-1202-1390943527-7.jpg

born-make-happy--large-msg-1328293284.jp

Britney fell during the pillows fight on the bed, luckily she wasn’t hurt.

Britney-Spears-Happy-video_l.jpg

Christopher Snyder – who plays the model in this video and FTBOMBH – went on to become a musician of his own in a band called Krimzezen.

http://youtu.be/PITA7ZpQNso

3.jpg

The original version of Born to make you happy apparently had more raunchy lyrics.

feeddfb5ff210962b9a1fcb4385d1c0a.jpg

The remix of the song includes in the single was the original version of the song

tumblr_luwqmaF6m71r3ty02o1_500.gif

The beginning of the video – the song does not sync with the visual.

tumblr_m763h9FiWO1rr4oxho1_400.gif

born-make-happy--large-msg-132829292007.

• Like 1

From The bottom of my broken heart:

Jive Records commissioned a music video for the song to be directed by Gregory Dark. According to Dark, the label hired him with the intention of re-image Spears from the naughty schoolgirl persona of "...Baby One More Time", and stated that they "wanted a much more story-oriented video without dance, one that was serious and emotional." He further stated that, during the filming, "I'd joke with her so that she would loosen up and feel comfortable acting, as opposed to being Britney Spears at that moment." The video was produced by the FM Rocks Production Company.

tumblr_m6oc99VSlX1qar6tno2_250.gif

The music video portrays Spears is packing up her belongings, as she readies herself to move away from home, and feeling upset because she knows that she is going to miss her first love. Throughout the video, scenes of the couple's past are also seen and Spears is sitting on a tyre swing, including one where they climb up onto a windmill, with Spears singing the song, and Spears is standing by a billboard that reads "Welcome to Cedar Springs Gardens" similar to the video "Lucky". Before the end of the video, Spears is waiting at a bus stop while, at the same time, her first love is driving to come see her one last time. However, by the time he finally gets there, Spears had left him behind and taken the bus.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREHPqoXgAWAd8zPKJuJ0tXECRAEQyxisqpcvw6q5wy7Hswnls8

According to writer Linda Ruth Williams, the music video attracted attention from the press because of "the clash between Spears' wholesome image and Dark's unwholesome back catalogue."A Spears representative spoke to the Sunday Sport and revealed, "as far as I'm aware the director just does music videos. This is a video for young teenage girls and not sexy at all."Dark responded to the negative reviews saying, "I don't deny that I did [adult films], it's just that I also like people to know that I don't currently and haven't in a long time."Billboard reporter Carla Hay also noted, "I don't think people who buy records are too concerned about the background of the video's director." Lucy O'Brien, author of She Bop II: The Definitive History of Women in Rock, Pop and Soul, noted that hiring Dark as the video director implied that Spears was not that innocent.Time journalists Briton Hadden and Henry Robinson Luce said that Spears "may be the queen of pop tartiness, but her new video, 'From the Bottom of My Broken Heart', is an entirely wholesome affair," while Chris Ryan of MTV considered it "a suitably soft-focus affair". The video was also added to MTV's 2000 Yearbook, a list with the "biggest, best, most memorable music videos of every year since the beginning of MTV."

Alec Hanley Bemis of LA Weekly highly criticized Spears and the music video. He thought that the singer's "lack of musical talent" had begun to affect her career, after Dark was selected as the director of the video. Bemis commented, however, that Spears' already had "a history of questionable decisions", and cited her Rolling Stone photoshoot done in early 1999, which was condemned by the American Family Association, as an example. He continued to state that the plotline set the singer "on the fast track to adulthood" and questioned, "who's in bed with Britney now? While a TV tabloid recently reported that an old bayou beau in Louisiana has mother Spears’ approval, fantasizing fans want to believe Britney‘s dallying with that braided moppet from N’Sync or a member of the Backstreet Boys. But the only verifiable fact we have to work with is that Spears has started running with a darker L.A. crowd."Bemis finished his review saying that "no avant-garde film techniques [were used on it]. But Britney's lips glisten so... Speaking frankly, this light in our lives hurts us, from the fire in our loins to the bottom of our broken hearts."

tumblr_m74f4qx9eJ1r3ty02o1_500.gif

tumblr_muc1uv2dBK1sxjoigo1_500.jpg

With all the controversy surrounding the video one article wrote this: Spears' new video, "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart," puts her on the fast track to adulthood. The clip finds her leaving her old boyfriend behind and taking a bus to somewhere . . . But where? Who's in bed with Britney now? While a TV tabloid recently reported that an old bayou beau in Louisiana has mother Spears' approval, fantasizing fans want to believe Britney's dallying with that braided moppet from N'Sync or a member of the Backstreet Boys. But the only verifiable fact we have to work with is that Spears has started running with a darker L.A. crowd.One piece of evidence is that her new video is directed by Gregory Dark, a triple-threat writer, director and producer known not only for his work on videos by bands like Orgy and the Melvins, but for a 15-year-plus career as a groundbreaking pornographer. A former film-school student at both Stanford and NYU, Dark is renowned for crafting the most decadent XXX on the market. As Hustler writes, "Dark's movies are more like nightmares. Twisted and fevered . . . Every treat has a gooey center, but beware the few that slip past containing the occasional jagged piece of glass." The titles of his movies alone -- White Bunbusters, Fallen Angels, The Devil in Miss Jones 3: A New Beginning -- hint at a possible chronology for Spears' career in days to come. Will this Cinderella sully the slipper? Will we all eat glass?

tumblr_m6oc99VSlX1qar6tno4_250.gif

tumblr_mef65uVafY1rsw1oio1_500.gif

Britney got stung by a bee during filming for the FTBOMBH video – this happened in the sunflower field.

normal_XRAY_BTS_FTBOMBH_28429.jpg

• Like 2

They got the idea of calling Britney’s 2nd album Sunflower from this shoot. However choose to go with Oops I did it again.

In the photo used for the single cover Britney is back of a transparent glass, Britney’s fingertips are pressed on the glass, even though for a lot of people seemed a mosquito net.

FTBOMBH was a US only release.

tumblr_m6oc99VSlX1qar6tno3_250.gif

3304477439_681383e87f.jpg

31005-original.jpg

I just want more - found out for us - that FTBOMBH is Britney's second highest selling single 

orig-14207471.jpg

Video Icon: The Falling Sunflower

tumblr_lslxasr5Xx1r1e024o1_500.gif

Album:

Britney_Spears_-_baby_one_more_time-fron

Single Cover:

BritneyBottom.jpg

Video:

http://youtu.be/fHPnGqXXUmI

• Like 2

Fun fact about FTBOMBH: it's the best britney video ever :MGLOL:

Really though, it was her second best-selling physical single of her career :MGLOL:

And I love that BTMYH remix btw :lollipop:

Edit: I was just looking for receipts and i cant find any so dont quote me on my fun fact :orangu:

I knew you were going to say this - haha - flawless :gloria:

Oh and yes the BTMYH remix is one of my faves!