Updated With Pg The Video Collection - All Of Britney's Videos - With Interesting Facts - Includes The Videos We Will Never See

Gimmie More:

This was Britney's first single release since her very public divorce from Kevin Federline and subsequent meltdown, when she lost custody of her children and made various court appearances.

This opens with Spears saying, "It's Britney Bitch." MTV had the exclusive rights to sell the ringtone of this phrase.

tumblr_m7b6223cJo1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Co-writer Jim Beanz came up with the expression. He told MTV UK: "She was amazing to work with, she is a very hard worker. Just as hard as she works on her dance steps she is the exact same in the booth. She was basically open to any and everything that I mentioned. The phrase came last minute right at the end of the session. We recorded that while she was pregnant with her second child. It was really difficult to try to make her sound really sexy an at the same time she was pregnant. We knew that as soon as she had the baby she was the one to be able to push that song. We needed that one catch phrase to really bring her back and put her stamp on the industry and that stamp was 'It's Britney Bitch.'"

tumblr_ml7bjnfFwW1rsxbklo1_500.gif

tumblr_lojudwL7QM1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

This was co-written by Keri Hilson, who also contributed to three other songs on Blackout. Hilson developed a nickname for Britney, "One-Take Jake." She explained to Rolling Stonemagazine: "With Britney, I need to get as much of any song done as I can [before she enters the studio]. She likes to record quickly, partly because she doesn't like to stand up for too long."

tumblr_lojue0tYfO1qflboso1_500.gif

tumblr_lojuwvnKHA1qf5xh3o1_500.gif

The song's music video was filmed over a two day period in July 2007 at a warehouse in downtown Los Angeles. It was directed by Jake Sarfaty, who was handpicked by Spears. According to makeup artist Mikal Sky, who worked personally with Spears on the clip, the singer refused to follow the agreed script. "She had just shaved her head and was getting nothing but bad press," Sky told Money Making Makeup Artist. "She sabotaged the director by refusing to perform and follow the script. So, what we got was her dancing on a stripper pole with her friends." There were many rumours going around about this video and none of them really add up, as you will later learn.

tumblr_m0sm0fm5HL1r3ty02o1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_mpzm13sJPE1sqleh3o1_500.gif

There is an X rated version where you can see ‘more’ of Britney – her nipples are covered by tape.

tumblr_lj1459Kar31qaa87do1_500.gif

The outfits were inspired by the Royal Jelly Show.

tumblrlojut9pjrz1qdcxoe.gif

Britney had originally shot many different scenes for this video a day in late July 2007 and one day in August 2007. The scenes included Britney walking down a street wearing a funeral outfitBritney dancing on a stripper pole, and Britney in a white shirt and black mini-skirt. All of the scenes featured Britney as a brunette, and there were also pictures of the inside of the set. For unknown reasons, the finished version of the video only had two scenes of Britney dancing on the stripper pole and of a blonde Britney watching her. There were a few quotes from people who had worked on the video, including from dancer Slim K. After the video was released, he stated that he didn't want to be associated with the final outcome. However, in July when the video was being filmed, he wrote on his My Space page: "Due to a confidentiality agreement, my professional views and respect from an artist to an artist - I'm not going to spill any beans here, can't tell details... sorry! During the shoot yesterday July 19th all day till the am hours, I have to admit that I myself couldn't get enough of it. I think it's going to be hot and get the Spears back on track. I was never a big Spears fan (I'm a bit old school in that department), but I followed her journey for quite some time... actually since her debut. What can I say, if this song reaches the airwaves or the clubs hold on to your bottles and glasses. She seemed to enjoy the shoot (I admired her persistency and dedication for getting the scenes done over and over till she was pleased). The theme had lots of passion, party, great energy, dancing, sex, sex..sex... and sex... oh and fun! The project is not completed yet and is planned to continue shooting next week, I'm already asked and confirmed to be part of it... again... and looking forward to finish this."

britneysbackset.jpg

• Like 1

One of Britney's dancers from the video also commented about it the day it was being shot: "Criscilla Crossland, one of Britney's dancers who toured with her earlier in the year on her House Of Blues club dates, has posted on her offiical MySpace page that they are shooting Britney's new music video today. She says, "So... yes... today's the day!!! We're shooting Miss Brit's 1st video off her new album... can't tell you details but what I can say is it's going to be hotttt! Lookout.... she's coming back hard!!!!! Y'all ain't ready!!!!" 

tumblr_lft2cuMH3s1qzktbuo1_500.gif

The original concept of the video was as follows: "Britney's brand new music video, reportedly for the song, "Get Back," [rumored to be the first single at the time] which she officially shot yesterday in a 14-16 hour shoot in LA, was 'choreographed entirely by Britney herself,' according to reports, which also say she was involved in the entire concept, as early as the storyboard process, all the way through to casting and production design. The video is said to be about 'rebirth', with vintage elements, and is said to have been directed by Jake Safarty, making his directorial debut having been behind the scenes."

According to a reported casting sheet, the video will feature "attractive, hip, fashionable, and enthusiastic people aged 21 to 30 acting as bar patron" and "the one-day shoot will be held between 12pm to 12am" in, what "Us Weekly" calls a 'disused LA warehouse'."

"Britney and her dancer friends were in downtown Los Angeles shooting a music video, which reportedly cost Britney $30,000 of her own money." [From July 19, 2007 issue of OK Magazine]

GM2.gif

"A casting notice went out earlier in the week: Casting music video for major recording star! Please reply with a photo with your age, height and other specifics if you’d like to be an extra in a one day music video for an established major pop music star. We’re looking for attractive, hip, fashionable, and enthusiastic people ages 21 to 30 to act as bar patrons. The shoot hours will be 12 PM to 12 AM. Compensation is pro bono, however, food and drinks will be provided. This is a one day shoot with a fun and lively crew. A good time will be had by all! This is a great opportunity to be an extra in a big music video with a very well known artist. A confidentiality agreement must be signed if you are chosen." July 20, 2007

2bbm6u.jpg

..."Britney Spears’ new music video “Get Back” [rumoured to be the first single at the time] which was shot over a period of about 14-16 hours in a warehouse on 6th street in downtown Los Angeles last night. Our insider told us that the music video is unlike anything Britney has done before, pointing out that the video has a very eclectic feel to it with a lot of vintage elements. In one of the sets, there's a drawing of Elvis on the wall and a little bit further down is one of Britney. There is also a night club set." [it should also be noted that Slim K, who made an appearance in scenes that weren't released, is also an Elvis impersonator and the backdrop of Britney's 2007 MTV VMA Performance was inspired by an Elvis performance, and Britney used his song "Trouble" in the beginning of her performance]. â€œNot many people know how long this music video has been in pre-production. The entire concept behind the music video, which I cannot talk about was entirely Britney’s idea, and this is the first time that she has been involved in it as early as the story board process, all the way to the production design and the casting as well. The only thing I can say is that this video is about “rebirth”. She also did all the choreography for it. This is her baby and is excited for all her fans to see it when it airs. She has been working extremely hard even though many fail to give her credit for it.” â€œA couple of extras were giving the crew attitude on set, since they were asked to work pro-bono (for free), but apart from that and a few glitches, we were able to finish the video on time.” 

Britney is seen entering a limo in the picture below:

news4281ww0.png

2ykc6ds.jpg

BRITNEYLEAVING.jpg

• Like 2

Set pictures:

britneymvset02tob.jpg

You can also see the open casket in this picture:

britneymvset03tob.jpg

It's possible that Jive Records are responsible for the video only including the stripper scenes (possibly in an attempt to regain her 'sexy' image at the time, while completely disregarding the video's original concept). In September 2007, an article from the New York Times stated: "Ms. Spears’s team is also eager to release a music video to counter the impressions left by the MTV debacle. But that may prove tricky, too: Ms. Spears oversaw her production of a gritty, stripper-themed clip for “Gimme More” that may jolt fans who are more accustomed to the slick, tightly choreographed videos that made her an MTV staple. The video is being tweaked with input from her advisers." "Although details about the final version of it are being kept a secret, Spears, 25, was spotted in costume at a Los Angeles warehouse back in July, reportedly filming a video. Her outfit consisted of a short black dress, black boots and a black hat. But it is not for certain that the footage from that particular shoot made the final cut that will air on TRL. In fact, the video will contain footage from two different shoots, sources say."

Jive Records also stated that the released video was Britney's "concept and vision", although it's known that the finished video doesn’t feature many of the scenes shot that were also part of Britney's original vision for the video: "First-time director Jake Sarfaty was "handpicked" by the singer, a rep from label Jive confirmed, adding that the project, shot over two days, was purely Spears's "concept and her vision."

Slim K (a dancer who was set to appear in the original version of the video) said in a My Space message to a fan after the video came out said he didn't know what happened with the video and was disappointed with the final version (even after highly praising the video shoot and Britney while it was being shot). The released video was nothing like the original concept and Slim K was cut out of the video. He also made other negative comments about the finished video after it was released due to many scenes being left out. "Britney took a direction I'm not part of.. and quite frankly got NO idea where she's heading.. not my cup of tea though ... the video is disappointing in my opinion .." 

tumblr_lyojr7KxAl1qacbrmo1_500.gif

The night before the video's release, the video's director Jake Safarty posted two pictures on his official website from the video shoot. One picture was of Britney sitting on a bed, and the other was of Britney dancing near the stripper pole while wearing a different outfit. Both of these scenes, along with the many other scenes shot, remain unreleased without explanation. 

1gimme-more-black-white.JPG

2-gimme-more-black-white.JPG

In June 2009, it was revealed that Britney was not wearing pasties during the topless scenes in the "Gimme More" video but her breasts had a rose-like design (similar to the rose tattoo on her arm in the video) either drawn, painted or temporarily tattooed over them. 

Britney%20Spears%20Gimme%20More%20Cut%20

• Like 1

Other Information: A little known fact about the released version of the video: Britney had a tattoo of a snake on her lower left arm, and the red tattoo on her upper right arm that is visible in the video is of a rose. The red and grey symbol that was on her vest actually is a picture of a grey silhouette of a woman (Britney obtained this vest from somewhere in Las Vegas that had it showcased, when she saw it she asked if she could use it in her video. The vest was later auctioned on Ebay). The black symbols of women on the wall are the symbols for the 'Lisa Kline' brand (this symbol can also be seen in the background of the 2007 VMA Performance and in the "Piece of Me" video). Next to the set where the stripper scenes were shot was a couch and table with a bottle of wine on it, but it's unknown if this was a set for the video or not. There are also three released versions of this video - aside from the regular version, a version with more topless scenes, and a third version showing more partial nudity and a few more pole scenes. The latter two versions of the video were only shown on MuchMusic. 

More info about the auction for the vest worn in the video: "ORIGINAL, one of a kind, hand-sewn leather costume vest, complete with chrome studs, fringe and appliqués, WORN BY MS. BRITNEY SPEARS IN HER HIT MUSIC VIDEO, "GIMME MORE". This original costume piece was hand-sewn for IVAN KANE’S hit burlesque rock ‘n roll show, ROYAL JELLY, as performed originally at IVAN KANE’S FORTY DEUCE, the world-famous nightclub in Hollywood and then at Forty Deuce at Mandalay Bay in Sin City, Las Vegas. Two of Britney’s key back-up dancers in her concerts and music videos are Ivan Kane’s Forty Deuce and Royal Jelly dancers. Britney was frequently seen at Forty Deuce in the Hollywood club with her friends and rehearsed there for her “M + M’s” comeback dates, in preparation for performing her first night back at Ivan Kane’s Forty Deuce. She became such a fan of IVAN KANE’S FORTY DEUCE and ROYAL JELLY that she ended up borrowing this unique one-of-a-kind costume seen here to wear in the above-mentioned music video." The vest sold for over $15,000.

More info about the auction for the vest worn in the video: "ORIGINAL, one of a kind, hand-sewn leather costume vest, complete with chrome studs, fringe and appliqués, WORN BY MS. BRITNEY SPEARS IN HER HIT MUSIC VIDEO, "GIMME MORE". This original costume piece was hand-sewn for IVAN KANE’S hit burlesque rock ‘n roll show, ROYAL JELLY, as performed originally at IVAN KANE’S FORTY DEUCE, the world-famous nightclub in Hollywood and then at Forty Deuce at Mandalay Bay in Sin City, Las Vegas. Two of Britney’s key back-up dancers in her concerts and music videos are Ivan Kane’s Forty Deuce and Royal Jelly dancers. Britney was frequently seen at Forty Deuce in the Hollywood club with her friends and rehearsed there for her “M + M’s” comeback dates, in preparation for performing her first night back at Ivan Kane’s Forty Deuce. She became such a fan of IVAN KANE’S FORTY DEUCE and ROYAL JELLY that she ended up borrowing this unique one-of-a-kind costume seen here to wear in the above-mentioned music video." The vest sold for over $15,000.

There were images leaked before the video – of Britney’s dancers practicing on stilts before the filming – however this was cut.

Video Icon: Gimme More Cat

2bbm6u.jpg

tumblr_lojv7wXkiu1qflboso1_500.gif

Album: 

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

Single Cover: 

Gimme_More.png

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/ePDeQu1LJ04

Video:

http://youtu.be/elueA2rofoo

http://youtu.be/bQ9pbS2VOpM

• Like 1

Piece of me:

In this song, Britney responds to the obsessive media attention she receives by listing the violations for which the American Pop singer has been cited. In 2007, Spears had some very public meltdowns and provided lots of content for gossip magazines and entertainment television shows. She has a very defiant attitude in this song, explaining that she's still successful despite the constant harassment and the challenges of raising children. Despite her personal struggles, this song and theBlackout album did very well.

tumblr_lvp8e1SMrw1r7d668o1_500.gif

The Swedish popstar Robyn provided backing vocals for this. The song's other co-writer Klas Ahlund worked on some of the tracks on Robyn's 2007 album Robyn, including her UK Top 20 single "Handle Me."

Britney Spears won the 2008 video of the year award at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards for this song's promo. It also won awards for Best Female Video and for Best Pop Video. They were the first three awards of Spears' career and marked a major resurrection after a disastrous 2007 appearance. The clip was directed by Wayne Isham who had previously worked with Spears on her "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman" promo.

Apparently Britney showed up 12 hours late to the video shoot.

Isham talked about the situation, saying, "She was late. People made a big thing about it, [but] how could she not be late, when you have 50, 65, 75 people running down the street chasing her car? That was a long day for the crew. It was literally a 20-hour day for the crew. She was there for the last six hours of it. She got there late, showed up and just kicked ass"

tumblr_mckes5TB5M1ra42peo1_500.gif

One of the actors who played a paparazzi photographer in the video, Billy Orson, talked about the video concept that he was given in a script before the video was shot. There was a scene that was either omitted from the video or taken out of the video's concept (during the red carpet scene). In an article in Jaleouse magazine in November 2007, he stated (translated from Spanish):

"For my part, I am one of the groups of paparazzi who must photograph and disturb Britney. While passing on a red carpet, she walks with her dancers, poses, and suddenly begins to dance in front of us." Without doubt, the pop princess wanted to do a parody of his uncomfortable situation. "The paparazzi begin to move forward, to push her and at some point she takes out a grenade, which ends up being only a sphere of water. Her and her laughing dancers go into a building, where the video continues."

tumblr_mqsaj6jfzt1qhcfgoo1_500.gif

Britney insisted on having her hair tied up in a messy bun for her dance scene – the director then convinced her to try a scene with her hair down. Due to messy editing they used bot scenes in one – hence why you see her hair swap from up to down constantly.

Allegedly they edited her body a lot for the video to make her appear slimmer. They also photo shopped her face on another persons body at the start of the video… apparently..

tumblr_lhto2t8HTQ1qzznnqo1_500.gif

• Like 1

There were 2 versions for this video – one with jeans and a waistcoat – intended for the US and one with a bob wig and purple dress for the EU version.

tumblr_m3g51uatB81r3ty02o1_500.gif

Rats magazine is meant to be a piss take for Star magazine who always write false articles about her.

tumblr_mo8f71ErKK1qltyiuo1_500.gif

On November 27, 2007, MTV launched the contest "Britney Spears Wants a Piece of You", in which fans could direct a separate video for the song, using footage of interviews and performances from Spears. Using the MTV Video Remixer, fans could mix and create a mash up of the footage. The winning video premiered on TRL on December 20, 2007, and MTV, Jive Records and Spears herself picked the winner. The winner also received a Haier Ibiza Rhapsody device along with a one year subscription to Rhapsody, as well as Spears' entire discography released in the United States.

tumblr_lwzp7tqqSi1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Although this is Britney’s first ever video to win a VMA – This is rumoured to be the video that Britney does not really like. Spears told New York radio station Z100 that her clip for this song left room for improvement - despite winning three MTV Video Music Awards. Said Britney: "It's a cool video, but I think by far I've done videos that are way better. So I was really shocked that it got the award."

The majority of the bathroom choreography was done by Britney on the spot. Isham told MTV News about the video's concept, which finds Britney dancing with guys in a nightclub. He said: "You can see that she had that kind of confidence. And, literally, every take became a more and more confident take, so that she could have fun with what was going on. Not being over-the-top sarcastic, but... having a laugh at everything that was going on around her, with confidence."
Isham added that he encouraged Spears to (literally) let her hair down in the video. "The very last dance of the piece, she had her hair up, and I go, 'Can you just do one for me with your hair down?' She dropped her hair down," he recalled. "You'll see we intercut with her hair up and her hair down. That was the last piece. She just rocked it from her heart. She choreographed that last dance at the very end. She did that on her own and said, 'Let's go for it.'"

funnkj.jpg

Video Icon: The Britney Wig

britney_spears_piece_of-me_gif-5.gif

Album: 

Single Cover:

BritneyPieceOfMe.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/Us5VPr3H86E

Video: 

http://youtu.be/u4FF6MpcsRw

• Like 1

Break The Ice:

Some critics have suggested that this would have been a more suitable album lead-off track than "Gimme More ," since in this song, Spears re-introduces herself at the top and apologizes for being gone for so long.

tumblr_lzqvdaeAf61r3ty02o1_500.gif

This track has a second meaning where Spears is apologizing for being away so long from her love interest. The song's co-writer Keri Hilson told MTV Canada News: "It's about two people, a girl and a guy, and the girl is saying, 'You're a little cold. Let me warm things up and break the ice.' " She added that she was amazed at Spears' work ethic: "When we were arranging the vocals in the studio at her house, she was about eight months pregnant, and she was standing up in the vocal booth, just banging it out. Three weeks later, she had the baby."

tumblr_lzqvf3AyWA1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The song's writers Marcella Araica, Nate Danja Hills, Keri Hilson and James Washington (Jim Beanz) were the same four who were also responsible for "Gimme More." Digital Spy asked Keri Hilson if she wished she'd kept the songs for herself. She replied "No Way," then added: "When I'm writing a song for another artist I purposefully make it not for me otherwise I get too attached. I mean, I don't party the same way Britney parties, we don't go to the same clubs and we don't have the same influence. If you tailor something to Britney, you know it's not going to be anything Keri Hilson would ever sing."

tumblr_ltkpn10atw1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The music video, Spears' first animated one, features the singer as an animated superhero in a futuristic world. It was made in South Korea in Japanese animé style.

051.jpg

Spears' break in the song, where she sings "I like this part, it feels kind of good," is a nod to Janet Jackson's 1986 hit "Nasty."

Britney had planned a dance sequence on a chair for the music video for "Break The Ice" (rumoured to be for "Hot As Ice" at the time), but the video was never shot due to Spears' personal problems at the time (which is why an animated video for the song was released). "[britney] revealed to us that she’s preparing to shoot a new video for her next single, Hot as Ice and that she wants it to be “something new” and fresh!" .... her "displeasure with how her last video came off could be one of the reasons she’s decided to take control and go back into the dance studio Sunday. So what can we expect for the next video? “I wanna do something new, something really cool,” Brit announced." 

4097924378_3162536af7_o.gif

"After the [dance] class wrapped up at 7 p.m., Spears – who has rehearsed at Millennium three times since Friday – spent another hour and a half working on a dance routine for her single "Hot as Ice." "She seems very focused about getting back into her old life," said Baker. "[she's] focusing her energy on creating and dancing."  

"Britney Spears headed to the Millennium Dance Complex in North Hollywood on Sunday night to work on a new routine, owner Robert Baker tells PEOPLE. "She is working on the choreography for her song 'Hot as Ice,'" Baker said, "She rehearsed an amazing routine with a chair." 

"For the second night in a row, Britney Spears is hard at work on getting her career back on track. Around 3:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, the superstar arrived at North Hollywood's Millennium Dance Studios — her favourite place to rehearse her dance moves. And according to some who has seen her these last couple days, things appear to be looking up for the singer. "Her focus and clarity are noticeable," says one fortunate witness who had the chance to look on as Brit worked on her routine for her upcoming video. "Almost like the old Britney we've known and loved." ... "Days before, Brit had begun to work on this current routine — for her single "Hot as Ice" — which will feature one of the singer's famous chair numbers, not unlike the one in the video for her hit "Stronger." 

177013_1233214512790_full.jpg

• Like 2

A video for the "Break The Ice" remix with rapper Fabolous (which is an official remix and can be found online) was also possibly planned [This could possibly be the 'continued' video that the end of the "Break The Ice" video mentioned (it said "to be continued" at the end), but this is unconfirmed]. Fabolous stated:"Although Fabolous only worked on one of Britney's songs from Blackout, he says he'd be open to working with the formerly troubled singer again. "It was a great joint," he says of "Break the Ice." "We’ll see what’s possible in the future if it happens again," he adds. "We weren't able to do a video because of what was going on with her at the time but I'd love to do it again."

Wiki says: The music video for "Break the Ice" was made in an anime-influenced animation style in South Korea and was directed by Robert Hales. The concept was reportedly Spears's idea, who asked Jive Records to come up with an animated music video based on the superheroinecharacter of the "Toxic" music video. It premiered on March 12, 2008 at BlackoutBall.com, a website created exclusively for the premiere, in which fans could access a chat room.

The video begins with Spears wearing a short black bodysuit and knee-high black boots, standing in the roofs of a futuristic city. As the first verse begins, she breaks into a research facility and battles with suited henchmen. Spears ends up gaining access to a highly secured laboratory and walks through aisles of clones held in liquid cocoons. She sees that one is a clone of her, kisses her and plants a bomb on the tank. After this, Spears infiltrates the base of the apparent villain, kissing him, and then destroying him, revealing him to be a robot also. From there, she dodges a bullet and sets off a panic among the newly arrived henchmen, meanwhile the bomb's timer runs lower and lower. Next, there is a wide shot of the building exploding, while Spears is jumping and "Victory" is depicted on the side of the structure. The video ends with the phrase "To be continued...". Originally, the remix with Fabolous was initially to be released as the album's third single and have a music video, before the animated video was used.

britney9.jpg

Video Icon: The cartoon Britney…this is what Baby one more time could have been like…

britney7.jpg

Album: 

Single Cover: 

124kikm.jpg

Video: 

http://youtu.be/eQFIKP9rGhQ

• Like 1

Womanizer:

Britney told New York radio station Z100: "['Womanizer' is] basically saying, 'We know what you're up to.' It's about guys cheating on girls. It's a girl anthem. That's why I like it. So hopefully the fans will see it that way too!"

BRITNEY_SPEARS_WOMANIZER.gif

This was written and produced by the Atlanta crew the Outsyders. It was their first major writing and producing credit.

tumblr_m0vyluy4P41r3ty02o1_500.gif

Part of the music video was shot at Elevate Lounge, a club located within the Takami Sushi & Robata restaurant in Los Angeles. Britney played the role of a waitress with a vampy look; she was also a waitress in her promo for "(You Drive Me) Crazy." The video was directed by Joseph Khan, who previously helmed her clips for "Stronger" and "Toxic."

tumblr_ma5r9cIFqz1r18azjo1_400.gif

One week after by T.I.'s "Live Your Life" vaulted from #80 to #1 on the Hot 100, this song made another record-breaking jump. The tune's massive leap from #96 to #1 became the biggest ever jump to the top position. It was only Spears' second US chart-topper, nine years after "Baby One More Time" reached the penthouse.

tumblr_inline_mqkdpx5kvA1qz4rgp.gif

This song's first-week download sales of 286,000 was the biggest opening-week tally by a female artist to date. However it was unable to beat "Live Your Life's" record-breaking debut total of 334,000 digital downloads. (The female on that track, Rihanna, was not credited as the main artist.) The song's first-week digital sales record was broken by Taylor Swift's "Today Was a Fairytale," which moved 325,000 digital sales on the first February chart of 2010.

woman1.gif

This was the most streamed music video in 2008 on MTV.com.

womanizer-o.gif

A number of high profile artists recorded cover versions of this song. First it was Lily Allen, then the All-American Rejects. Spears' hit "Toxic" also inspired a series of cover versions in various styles.

tumblr_lyaqgviGAu1r3ty02o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Outside of the USA, this song entered the top ten in every single European country in which it was released, topping the charts in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Norway and Sweden. It also reached #1 in Canada and the World Singles Top 40.

tumblr_mvnfakjhzq1qd8zg3o1_500.gif

The phone shot in the video – includes a reminder for a product placement meeting..

placementmeeting.jpg

Britney came up with the concept of the video – however Joseph Khan came up with the idea of the naked scene… good choice J

tumblr_mrlxp30VVY1sf75b0o1_500.gif

The opening scene in the apartment was initially meant to have Britney with Red hair – so that every scene would have a different hair colour – but they decided on blonde at last minute.

tumblr_luu97dOVvT1qzznnqo1_500.gif

Britney’s ‘ugly’ Toxic guy makes an appearance in this video by the copy machine.

The naked scene – some parts were not edited and you can see her underwear.. so she was not really nude.. well obviously..

2e57595.jpg

tumblr_lsg2n4Pf8T1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The car windows in the video are blank for a few seconds as the editors forgot to fill the windows in the start of the scene.

z7l61sx96f4g6sol1zfbm8if.500x242x11.gif

• Like 3

What does Wiki say? The music video was filmed on September 24 and 25, 2008 in Los Angeles, directed by Joseph Kahn, who previously worked with Spears for the music videos of "Stronger" and "Toxic".

According to Kahn, Spears pitched him her original concept, which included all the main elements used in the final version. Spears thought of the video as a sequel to "Toxic", as seen in her documentary Britney: For the Record, whereas Kahn approached it as "a 2008 answer" to the previous clip. He added that, "'Toxic' was a crystallization of her career at that time, [...] There are elements and moments of that I felt could [have been] improved. ['Womanizer'] is a bit more fashion-forward".About how the concept of the video related to their previous work, Kahn commented that "It's just a great girl fantasy. There are things she's really good at, like having a really natural knack for knowing what girls want. [...] It's a much more mature sound and much more mature lyrics, and she always has the greatest ideas. She's hyper-aware of pop culture".

tumblr_luu9qqY7rb1qzznnqo1_500.gif

The costumes and looks for each of the different women were chosen by Spears and Kahn. The scenes in the sauna were suggested by Kahn, as a response to the attacks Spears received over the years about her weight. He stated, "I knew that the whole world would be watching, so I wanted something in there that stated, 'This is Britney, this is why you should respect her'". The set was cleared for two hours, leaving her and Kahn alone shooting the sequence.Kahn also decided to end the video with an image of Spears smiling, because "We just needed to tell everybody she's OK".

tumblr_ly65koJKdc1r3ty02o1_500.gif

A censored version of the music video premiered on October 10, 2008 on ABC's 20/20 at the end of their show. The uncensored version premiered on MTV the same night

The video begins with an opening caption that reads "Womanizer". During the introduction, Spears is naked and smiling at a sauna, while covering herself with her hands. These scenes are seen throughout the video. When the first verse begins, the official version of Spears wearing a slip nightgown is making breakfast for her boyfriend as he gets ready for work. When he is at the office, he sees a new secretary, which is actually Spears in disguise wearing horn-rimmed glasses and a pencil skirt. She starts dancing in front of him and sings the chorus. She makes him follow her into the photocopier, where she photocopies her buttocks. On the back, we see an awkward-looking man, the same who appears in the plane scene on "Toxic". Then, Spears is disguised as a red-haired, tattooed waitress in a restaurant. She dances around him with her dancers and plays with him over the kitchen counter. After this, her boyfriend is seen getting driven home by Spears, disguised as a chauffeur. She starts to kiss him, driving the car with her heel until both get home. Once they get into the bedroom, Spears reveals that she was the three women he was "womanizing" all along. She then begins attacking her boyfriend. This is shown through Spears as her three alter egos, and then as the real version of herself. Spears throws a blanket over her boyfriend and makes the bed. The video ends with Spears smiling, and a repeat of the opening caption.

womanizer-britney-spears-5326673-500-676

Brandon-Stoughton-images.jpg

Margeaux Watson of Entertainment Weekly said the video "looks promising. [...] The dancing is stiff and minimal, a disappointment since her moves are her strong suit. But this is a welcome return to the Britney we love â€“ gorgeous, gyrating, greased up, and gamely playing the vamp". OK! commented that "in addition to seeing Brit in three different sexy getups, the video [...] features an oiled-up Britney writhing around in nothing but a smile".Rolling Stone said the video was "a cross between 'Toxic' and The Office" and added, "she’s dancing [and] looking like the old Britney".Courtney Hazlett of msnbc.com claimed "When Spears isn’t shown naked and writhing in a steam room, she’s fired up". TV Guide writer Adam Bryant said that "the music video features some of the most strategically placed hands in music-video history [...] [The] video is quite a return to form for the troubled pop star". The music video for "Womanizer" became a worldwide success right after it premiered on the Internet, gaining seven million viewers in less than 48 hours. The music video was listed as the best video of 2008 in polls by MTV and Fuse TV. It won Music Video of the Year at the 2009 NRJ Music Awards.The video was also nominated for Best Pop Video and Video of the Year at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. It lost the latter category to Beyoncé's "Single Ladies", but won Best Pop Video.

XRAY_Womanizer_BTS_28729.jpg

Video Icon: Square egg

Womanizer.jpg

britney-spears-shaped-egg-1-thumb-450x23

Album: 

Circus.png

Single Cover: 

BritneyWomanizer.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/Um-vczf5G_U

Video: 

http://youtu.be/rMqayQ-U74s

• Like 2

Circus:

In a video interview posted on her website, Britney Spears explained this song. She said: "It's about me as an entertainer - what I do, and what I bring to a show, is basically like a circus. I bring costumes and fun theatrical things that make people in awe."

brit-circus.gif

This song was written and produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco. Dr. Luke was also responsible for co-writing and producing both "I Kissed a Girl" and "Hot n Cold" for Katy Perry. Benny Blanco provided additional production on both songs.

britney_long_circus.gif

Spears explained that the album's title has a double-edged meaning. It refers to both her life being a metaphorical circus, and also her fondness for the actual big-top show. She said: "I like the fact that you're always on the edge of your seat when you're at a circus... You're never bored. You're just really engulfed in what's going on around you. And you want to know what's going to happen next."

zunkb7.gif

This went straight in at #3 in the Hot 100, making it the highest debuting single of Spears' career. Her previous best had been her first chart entry "…Baby One More Time," which opened at #17 in 1998.

tumblr_ltffh9kp7z1r3ty02o1_500.gif

"Circus'" high new entry was bested by "3" and "Hold It Against Me," which both debuted at #1.

tumblr_n22tbgjleO1r4poono2_500.gif

The song was not only the title track of Spears' sixth album but also inspired the supporting tour. Co-writer Claude Kelly told AOL, "It's like a songwriter's dream in a lot of ways because for a songwriter everything starts with an idea for [the artist's] life and what I had known." He continued: "I didn't know her personally when I wrote it, but I read about her and saw that her life was like a circus. It was an idea I had on a plane. And to watch that idea turn into a song is a pleasure in itself. Then getting to see that song played to a big audience is a bonus. Then to watch the snowball effect, you can never really expect that. But when it does, it really shows you how far one idea can go. And that's what's inspired me in so many ways in my career that a small idea I thought of on a plane that was I wasn't sure about can blow up to this. It's an honour."

tumblr_mszy96qnUN1qd8zg3o2_500.gif

• Like 2

There were scenes shot with Britney on a tightrope in a different outfit that weren't used in the video (they most likely did not fit in with the other scenes). Parts of the dance sequence for the video also were not in the finished video. A video segment showing the making of the video revealed this. (http://web.archive.org/web/20111129162143/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2lM71oIOlY&e )Some alternate scenes and angles can be seen in the version of the video used as a promo for the NBA All Stars

The circus video leaked on a Chinese website a few days before the release. Britney’s team claimed that this was a rough version. However when the video was released there were no changes to the video.

tumblr_lww7k890971r3ty02o1_500.gif

Tai – the elephant is the same Elephant used in the movie – Water for Elephants

mzl.xxztqdcv.jpg

Britney’s choreographer and long term friend, Andre Fuentes makes an appearance in the video.

52b47827eb8d30e8c34bbecafc62be9eo.jpg

Peta reacted negatively to this video and asked Britney to please stop using Cruelly trained Circus animals in her videos once and for all. They reference the Slave snake and many more incidents – and pleaded with Britney to stop for good. I guess Britney never responded to the plea – she did after all use smurfs in later videos :gloria: oh and the fan fave Radar horse..

What Wiki has to say: The music video for "Circus" was filmed from October 28 to November 2, 2008 in Los Angeles, California. It was directed by Francis Lawrence, who previously worked with Spears on the music video for her 2001 single "I'm a Slave 4 U".Spears chose Lawrence, since he was the "only person who could capture it, make it really twisted, eccentric and different".On November 17, 2008, an exclusive three-second clip premiered during a promo for her documentary Britney: For the Record. The video was set to be released on December 5, 2008 on Entertainment Tonight, but it was moved at the last minute to December 4, 2008.

tumblr_lx05oeQqtA1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The video begins with Spears at a vanity, putting Curious on and earrings by Bulgari. She is then seen holding a top hat in front of her face, while doves fly out of another hat. Spears starts singing in the vanity but stands up and puts on a ringmaster jacket. She walks through an aisle while dancing suggestively with several circus dancers. Throughout the video, there are interspersed scenes of different circus performers, including ribbon dancerscontortionistsclowns and a mime on stilts. There are also scenes of Spears singing with the top hat, wearing a nude body stocking in front of a red curtain, with a spotlight on her. This is followed by a group dance scene in the middle of a circus ring, where Spears wears the ringmaster jacket, sequined hot pants and a feathered top hat. In the second verse, she dances with a chair and a whip wearing a nude bra covered in leaves. The video continues with a series of intercut scenes, such as Spears in slow motion in front of a shower of sparks, her surrounded by a pair of lions and in front of an elephant. During the bridge, Spears and her dancers perform a routine in front of flames. In the last chorus, Spears returns to the circus ring, surrounded by two elephants, many more circus performers, dancers and fire breathers. The video ends with Spears in the spotlight, laughing with the top hat over her head.

tumblr_lz2dwmAqqx1r3ty02o1_500.gif

• Like 2

Davil Balls of Digital Spy described the music video as being "cheeky, seductive and more than a little bit ridiculous" and said that Spears "delivers some killer dance routines".Tim Stack of Entertainment Weekly compared the dance in the chair with the music video of "Stronger" and added that "best of all, she actually looks animated in this video and appears to be having fun".James Montgomery of MTV said that after watching the video "you are overcome with the sudden urge to go to the Big Apple Circus. Or pick up some Curious perfume. Or you know, possibly both".The music video won the category of Best Moves at the MTV Australia Awards 2009. It was also nominated for fourVMAs at the 2009 awards in the categories of Best Art DirectionBest ChoreographyBest Cinematography and Best Editing, but lost of all them.[40] It was also nominated for Best Video in the MTV Europe Music Awards 2009, but lost to Beyoncé's "Single Ladies".The video won Best Video of 2009 in Fuse TV, making Spears the only artist to win two years in a row.

britney_circus.gif

On December 9, 2008, animal rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) issued a press release condemning Spears for using "cruelly trained lions and elephants" and demanding her to "stop using exotic animals in her videos and concerts once and for all". Spears had previously received criticism from the organization when she used an albino python and a caged tiger during a performance of "I'm a Slave 4 U" at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards. Kari Johnson from Have Trunk Will Travel responded, saying, "[the company] has never issued a written endorsement, nor does it condone using electrical devices to discipline and control elephants except in situations where elephant or human safety is at risk. [...] The American Humane Association monitors animal action in film and television. A representative was on the set of the Britney Spears 'Circus' video with our elephants, Tai and Kitty, to ensure their safety and welfare [...] Britney, the director, producers and the entire crew were respectful of the elephants' needs and comfort and a pleasure to work with."

d9bdbc749bdf632916e89e3c39f96c14.gif

tumblr_lthm6joeX81r3ty02o1_500.gif

Video Icon: Tai the elephant

281x211.jpg

o72duf.gif

Video Icon 2: The Circus Lions

tumblr_lhpjaw8zap1qzznnqo1_500.gif

Album:

Circus.png

Single Cover: 

allcdcovers_britney_spears_circus_single

Video Comparison: