Updated With Pg The Video Collection - All Of Britney's Videos - With Interesting Facts - Includes The Videos We Will Never See

If You Seek Amy:

This is Spears' raunchiest tune to date mainly because its title is a sneaky way of saying "F--K Me." The song has upset a number of parents who bought Circus for their young children only to find them walking around the house singing what sounds like the F word. This clever wordplay isn't totally original; both Memphis Slim and April Wine have songs called "If You See Kay."

http://youtu.be/MjmxUSsL-qk

This was written by the Swedish songwriters Max Martin, Shellback and Alexander Kronlund, along with the Texan Savan Kotecha. Martin, who wrote and produced Spears' first hit "Baby One More Time," also produced this track.

britif2333.gif

An edited version called "If U See Amy" was quickly released when some radio stations refused to play the original.

tumblr_m1q3nepXIe1qexv03o1_500.gif

Britney altered her original concept of the "If U Seek Amy" music video. A description and storyboard of the original video's concept leaked online before the video's release - the main differences between it and the finished video are Britney was covered up completely during the finished video, as well as other changes, but the video's ending remained the same. There were also scenes shot in a bathroom that were not used. A description of the storyboard's concept is below:

britneyspearssma-09f62680518424057a7b02d

britneyspearssma-0e0885ed56293f048be1e63

amy1.jpg

2wq97i1.jpg

storyboard_iusa.jpg

• Like 2

"Sources tell StarzLife that the concept of the video is for Britney to make her way through an exotic party while ’seeking’ a woman named Amy, with many hot and sexy encounters along the way. In an unusual twist, the characters in this video supposedly go from nearly naked to fully dressed, as opposed to the typical strip down with progression format. That doesn’t sound very sexy, but the party is supposed to get sexier even as the guests get dressed, and by the end, Britney has gone from wearing a super sexy pair of black leather underwear and dancing around provocatively with “all of the boys and all of the girls”, to putting on a new face and looking like a primp and proper conservative upper class housewife. As the video concludes, Britney grabs an apple pie from the kitchen, and is joined by the perfect American family at the front door as they approach a group that awaits on the other side of the picket fence, including paparazzi, autograph seekers, and the media. Apparently it’s going to end with the camera zooming in on Britney’s beautiful smile as she winks to the camera, as if she’s putting on a front for the media and public camped outside her house. Sources who were on the set tell StarzLife the idea for the final scene was the something of The Brady Bunch meets Edward Scissorhands."

if-u-seek-amy-britney-spears-5491108-110

A possible minor outtake from the video: A photo agency who was taking pictures outside the house in the video while the video was being shot wrote that "the front door of the house had a red heart reading 'I Love You' in large letters". It's unknown if this was used or can be seen in the finished video.

The presenter at the beginning is a piss take reference to Fox presenter Megyn Kelly who made negative comments regarding the song due to its controversy.

if-you-seek-amy-o.gif

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWctVL31-ugdlwe-HXrDgYoQoskFFU75dHxV9Han-rarHVTvoj

The controversy: Controversy was first reported by Australian music site Undercover.com.au on December 5, 2008, after the release of the album. Leonie Barsenbach, a housewife from Sydney, said, "I was astonished and totally taken aback when I heard my 5 and 7 year old kids walking around the house singing 'F-U-C-K' ... When I asked them what it was, they told me it was Britney Spears. I was horrified. I got them the Circus album but there was no warning on it ... It is extremely offensive. I feel deceived".Rolling Stone writer Daniel Kreps defended Spears, arguing that parents should have been aware of the singer's musical themes. After the song was announced as the third single from the album, American radio stations were unsure about playing the track due to its double entendre in the chorus. Program directors of Z100 and KIIS-FM compared the issues to be faced by their radio stations to the release of the 2005 The Black Eyed Peas single, "Don't Phunk with My Heart", saying that "listeners thought it was the other word, and so we had to change it to 'mess'".Program director Patti Marshall of Q102 said "It's ok to put in on an album, have fun with it, but we're publicly owned, you know? [...] It's not about us. It's about the mom in the minivan with her 8-year-old". WFLZ's Tommy Chuck said his station produced their own edit of the song that replaced "seek" with "see", with the station's disc jockeys referring to it as "If U See Amy".

britney_spears_if_u_seek_amy.gif

• Like 2

Shortly after, the Parents Television Council (PTC) threatened to file indecency complaints with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) against any station that played the song between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. PTC President Tim Winter said "there is no misinterpreting the lyrics to this song, and it's certainly not about a girl named Amy. It's one thing for a song with these lyrics to be included on a CD so that fans who wish to hear it can do so, but it's an entirely different matter when this song is played over the publicly owned airwaves, especially at a time when children are likely to be in the listening audience".RBR.com reported that "interestingly, Circus was reviewed by Common Sense Media, another organization whose mission is to help parents manage their children's media consumption. It rated it appropriate for age 13 and up, but made no specific mention of 'If U Seek Amy'. Even more interestingly, reputed incoming FCC Chair Julius Genachowski is a founding board member of Common Sense".The threats of the PTC were later extended to cable music channels that played the music video; however, the FCC does not have control over cable.

tumblr_n1quefHlPV1sgdhaeo1_400.gif

ifuseekbritney.gif

On January 23, 2009, Tom Poleman, senior vice president of programming for Clear Channel Radio, announced they planned to play an edited version. Sharon Dastur of Z100 added that Spears had recorded a new version of the song and the new edit would be provided by Jive Records.David Hinckley of the Daily News commented that "Clear Channel, which laid off 9% of its workforce this week, is hardly in the mood to finance an FCC fight right now".Finally, a radio edit titled "If U See Amy" was released to American radio stations, which changes the "seek" to "see".The amended version was released in the UK in May.While the song has not officially been renamed or released in Australia, some radio stations, such as those belonging to the Austereo Radio Network, play the censored version, while others continue to play the uncensored.Both the music video and the international radio single remain "If U Seek Amy".

tumblr_m666trLywf1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Wiki says: The music video for "If U Seek Amy" was filmed on February 7, 2009, at Pacific Palisades, California and was directed by Jake Nava, who previously worked with Spears for her "My Prerogative" music video.Spears was styled by David Thomas for the video. During the scenes at the party, she wears American Apparel wet-looking leggings and a black corset from London lingerie designer Bordelle with diamond-shaped holes. She also wears a pair of red high-heeled Louboutins with rouced petals, that were not available for sale until a month after the video was released.When she is dressed as a housewife, Spears has a blonde wig, wears a pale pink sweater, a white skirt fromDerek Lam and a Lacoste polo shirt.The music video premiered on March 12, 2009, on both Virgin Mobile's official website and Spears's official websites.

tumblr_lm2nnrdKZJ1qd0eg0o1_500.gif

The video starts with a news anchor (played by Kristina Mitchell) saying the title of the song above a news banner that reads "Britney Spears song lyrics spell out obscenity in disguise". This is actually a parody of an America's Newsroom report by Megyn Kelly.It then skips to a house, in which a sex party is coming to an end. Spears starts singing while sitting on the edge of a bed while the people that surround her are getting dressed.She gets up and looks out the window. As the first verse ends, she picks up a pair of panties from the floor, recalling her personal struggles and the "Piece of Me" video.She dances with four male dancers in the first chorus. During the second chorus, she dances with four other female dancers dressed in cheerleading outfits, while many men are watching them dance. The screen fades to white and Spears begins to change into a conservative '50s-inspired housewife outfit. As the chorus begins again, she comes out of her bedroom. She walks down the stairs, with dancers surrounding her and a woman gives her a potholder, which she uses to pick up a pie.After this, she walks out the front door of the house and is joined by her seemingly conservative-looking husband and children, one of them dressed with the schoolgirl outfit Spears wore in the "...Baby One More Time" video. As they go down the walkway, they are surrounded by paparazzi, who have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.While the kids and husband wave, Spears smiles for the camera and blows a kiss. The video then ends with the news anchor saying, "Doesn't make any sense, does it?".

tumblr_lk4w4tEFz31qj74ueo1_500.gif

James Montgomery of MTV stated that the video manages to combine elements from her previous music videos, such as the style of "Everytime" and the attitude of "Stronger". He also referred to it as "a pretty amazing amalgamation of all things Brit, and a nice primer of her entire career up to this point".Rolling Stone writer Daniel Kreps compared the party on the video to the 1999 film Eyes Wide Shut and added that "this may be the first Spears video ever crafted strictly with the morally-lax Internet in mind, a brazen clip that doesn't have to tone down its explicit nature lyrically and visually in order to get airplay".Chris Johnson of the Daily Mail compared Spears' housewife style to one of her looks in a 2001 Pepsi commercial. Leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly said, "it's kind of difficult to believe the song's real meaning will get past even the thickest listener, the video itself is pretty tame...almost disappointingly so". The reviewer also compared the hairstyle of Spears during the housewife scenes to Marilyn Monroe.

Britney-Spears-Seek-Amy-video_l.jpg

Video icon: Sweet Humble pie

britney-spears-if-seek-amy_1c253_gnkg8.j

54075083_640.jpg

Album: 

Circus.png

Single Cover: 

britney-spears-if-u-seek-amy-cover.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/kK4n6O76z_g

Video: 

http://youtu.be/0aEnnH6t8Ts

• Like 2

Radar:

This was co-produced and co-written by the Swedish duo Bloodshy & Avant. The Swedish duo also co-wrote and produced Spears hit singles "Piece Of Me" and "Toxic." This song is the first to be featured on two different studio albums by Britney Spears; It appears on Blackout (2007) and on Circus (2008) as a bonus track.

giphy.gif

The song's music video was directed by Dave Meyers, who had previously worked with Britney on her clips for "Boys" and "Lucky" as well as the commercial for her Curious fragrance. In the video, Spears is torn between two love interests, a polo player and a wealthy guy. Meyers explained to MTV News that when he met up with the singer to discuss what he had in mind, he had a specific vision: to show the world Britney's "classy side," instead of the sexed-up Spears that most of her clips portray. He said: "I thought, 'It's not the first single [from Circus]. Let's be a little experimental and push to not have her around dancers.' I feel, I guess, that the videos are a chance for her to vocalize a sense of herself. The media tends to attack her, so I thought, 'Let's show the classy side of Britney and focus on a classy experience, very European-inspired.' And she's at the point in her career where I think this would be a nice step."

tumblr_ltj7vrOi3V1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Myers recalled to MTV News that Britney got nervous around the guy playing her lover (not her official boyfriend) in the video. However the director added that shyness captured the essence of the singer. "She was really shy with this guy. She's really pretty here too," he said. "I think it's the Britney a lot of us know and love. It was nice to bring that out in her."

tumblr_ltj94qTOXy1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The music video for "Radar" was originally planned to be shot in June 2008 but was cancelled, possibly because Britney and her record label didn't want to continue releasing singles from "Blackout" and because she was recording a new album at the time. The concept of the video was apparently confirmed by Britney's manager. A year after this, "Radar" became the fourth single from her "Circus" album and a video for it was shot and directed by Dave Meyers.

tumblr_m2lmaftG0i1r3ty02o1_500.gif

"Britney Spears won't just be singing in her next music video -- she'll be directing it too. The 'Toxic' star, 26, will go behind the camera for new single Radar, which is out in July. A source said: "She wants to make sure it's exactly right." 

Radar-britney-spears-14394343-960-448.jp

"Britney Spears is heading across the pond. Larry Rudolph, who has managed the pop star, confirmed Spears will travel to England to shoot the latest video from her album “Blackout,” for the single, “Radar.” “The theme is her and her girlfriends are going to be looking all around London trying to find a boy who she met in a club,” Rudolph told the New York Post’s PopWrap. “Every time they think they have him, it’s someone else.” Spears will also head behind the camera for the clip, co-directing the video, Rudolph confirmed. “She will be behind the camera as much as possible; she wants to make sure it’s exactly right,” he said. The pop singer will head to England next week for the shoot."

Britney_Spears-Radar-3.gif

• Like 2

2009 Concept: 
Dave Meyers, who directed the video when it was officially released as a single in summer 2009, talked about the video and how he discussed the video's concept with Britney, possibly changing what was originally planned

For Britney Spears' "Radar" video, the pop star ditched the writhing dance moves to explore what the video's director calls "the romance of high-end society and the guys that circulate around there."

orig-17201201.jpg

The video, inspired in part by Madonna's 1994 "Take a Bow" video, was directed by Britney's longtime video collaborator Dave Meyers, who worked with Britney on her videos for "Lucky" and "Boys" as well as the commercial for her Curious fragrance. The new video centers on Britney being torn between two love interests: a rich guy and a polo player. "She was in a really good headspace and open to trying new things, and I wanted to try some new things with her too," Meyers told MTV News. "It kind of was a great celebration of trusting one another. ... Now we're sort of both seasoned in our own rights, so it's like two people coming back together, trying to do something fresh and new ... seeking out an actual different technique and stylistic choices and trying to find a form to celebrate them in."

britneyspearsradar2.png

Meyers said when he met up with Spears in May in Santa Barbara, California, he had a specific vision: to show the world Britney's "classy side," instead of the images of a sexed-up Spears that we're all used to seeing. It's the kind of Britney we saw in her video for "Lucky," except more grown-up.

"I thought, 'It's not the first single [from Circus]. Let's be a little experimental and push to not have her around dancers,' " Meyers said. "I feel, I guess, that the videos are a chance for her to vocalize a sense of herself. The media tends to attack her, so I thought, 'Let's show the classy side of Britney and focus on a classy experience, very European-inspired.' And she's at the point in her career where I think this would be a nice step."tumblr_lykx6rqJBT1qe2hrjo1_500.gif

Meyers thinks Britney's career mirrors Madonna's career in some ways. Much like with Madonna, when Britney does something, "Everyone seems to watch."

tumblr_lxvorbiSMN1r3ty02o1_500.gif

"She kind of filled [Madonna's] shoes," Meyers said. "[but] everything is done in a Britney way. She's not Madonna, and Madonna is not Britney. It seems like Madonna made the same choices that were right for her at the time, to class her up when she had just done a sexpot video. She was riding that image train too. She was leading that image train, and I think that Britney has done that as well."

brit-radar.gif

Candies did all the clothes for the video.

britney_spears_radar_candies.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Wiki Says: The music video leaked online on July 1, 2009. Daniel Kreps of Rolling Stone said the music video was her weakest since "Gimme More" and highlighted the comparisons with "Take a Bow", saying, "while Madonna dressed the role of a distressed aristocratic senorita in the stands, Spears’ wardrobe and giant hat mirror the elite at the Kentucky Derby". He also said the idea was unoriginal and compared it to Spears' fragances commercials. Nadia Mendoza of The Sun said, "forget PVC catsuits and teeny weeny air hostess outfits. Britney Spears has gone all sophisticated on us" and positively commented on the fashion, saying "Britney dons a hat more suited to Ascot than a music video".Peter Gicas of E! commented that the video was a nice departure from her recent more choreographed videos, such as "Womanizer" and "If U Seek Amy". He commended it for its "more straightforward approach in telling a so-called story", but felt it was "a bit too much like one of those overly dramatic fragrance commercials". OK! said the video was "posh" and also noted the difference from her recent videos.

1zzjp1x.jpg

Our very own Radar horse has added: (thank you for this :))

Just wanted to add on, there was an interview with the polo player (his name is Mariano Gutierrez).

He mentions that "Britney was really polite. She was laughing a lot when we were taping and kept apologizing."

Here's a link to it: http://sandiegopolo....iano-gutierrez/

Video icon: Radar Horse

tumblr_m380p9awBB1qhygtio2_250.gif

tumblr_m37h1y2IxH1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

Britney-4.jpg

Album:

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

Circus.png

Single Cover: 

Britney_Spears_-_Radar_2009.jpg

Origional Cover:

RadaR.png

Video:

http://youtu.be/PctD-8y0FRg

• Like 2

Kill the lights:

On February 10, 2009, a fan fiction contest was launched on Spears' official website. The winner of the contest would get to see their story becoming a plot for an official music video of a song.Later, it was revealed that Argentine Eliana Moyano had won the contest with her concept for "Kill the Lights" revealed on February 11, 2009, titled "Known Everywhere",while an exclusive preview was released on May 18, 2009.The animated music video, directed by PUNY, debuted on July 27, 2009,and was released for purchase via iTunes on September 4, 2009.The video begins with an animated Danja saying his introduction of the song, while paparazzi are in the background taking several pictures. Then, we see an animated Spears jumping into her rocket ship, flying and avoiding several paparazzi that are following her. She hides on another planet, turning all the lights of it on as she walks, and escaping the paparazzi that later appear to stalk her. However, Spears manages to avoid them, flying away into space in her rocket ship again, but this time exploding the planet and "killing all the lights" of it maneuvering a joystick.

spears-kill-the-lights.jpg

Many believe that this is the to be continued story – which is shown at the end of the break the ice video.

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202010-04-05%20a

996FAA2931478FC29677F028C98630C9.jpg

Video Icon: The Britney Space ship

ktlspaceship.jpg

Single:

Circus%2BFantasy%2BPromo_0001.jpg

Circus%2BFantasy%2BPromo_0002.jpg

Album: 

Circus.png

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/fTk0VO76wa0

Video: 

http://youtu.be/Rh5XoRmcky8

• Like 2

3:

This is a new song included on Britney's Singles Collection, which was released to celebrate her ten years in the music business.

tumblr_ls3nxzaQ0M1r3ty02o1_500.gif

3-Music-Video-britney-spears-10371207-11

Britney recorded the song with Swedish producer Max Martin, the brains behind her breakthrough pop tune, "…Baby One More Time," whilst she was in Sweden on herCircus tour.

The chorus mentions "Peter, Paul and Mary." This left field reference to the '60s folk act was badly timed due to the death of Mary Travers on September 19, 2009, just prior to the song's release.

brit-3-1.gif

The song's racy lyrics are about participating in a ménage à trois. It was co-written by Swedish songwriter Shellback, who also penned with Max Martin Spears' similarly provocative track, "If U Seek Amy."

britney-tongue.gif

britney_3_gif_1_by_megapapergirl-d2yl0tt

The chorus mentions "Peter, Paul and Mary." This left field reference to the '60s folk act was badly timed due to the death of Mary Travers on September 19, 2009, just prior to the song's release.

tumblr_misy5j4lxh1r3ty02o1_500.gif

britneyspears-3.gif

The song was the first one since Taylor Hicks' "Do I Make You Proud?" over three years previously, to debut at #1 on the Hot 100.

tumblr_ls3rdadkLY1r3ty02o1_500.gif

"3" was, fittingly, Spears' third #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

tumblr_ls3rfaoGSU1r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

Wiki says: The music video was filmed on October 5 and October 6, 2009 in Los AngelesCalifornia. It was directed by Diane Martel and choreographed by Tone & Rich. Fashion stylist GK Reid worked closely with Spears to design the fashion. On October 15, 2009, images of the video were released. A countdown, including images and video previews, was announced on her official website and the release date was revealed to be on October 30, 2009.When asked about the video, Diane Martel said,

"I think it's her next sexy video. It's a very simple video for her – I don't think you've seen her this much under a magnifying glass. Everything's really strong and playful. We collaborated on the wardrobe and had meetings about hair and makeup people, we talked a lot on the phone and met Tone and Rich — two of the best choreographers. [..] [spears]' so sweet and funny and so normal and down to earth. It's really fun as a director to see her in front of the camera. She's so creative with this stuff. The video is very simple, it's very, very minimal. So it's her, her, her. And she's totally engaging every second. She really knows how to work with a camera and move. I was really impressed, and I have worked almost with every female artist in the business".

Britneygifs_15.gif

• Like 2

The video begins with Spears wearing a sparkly black dress at a dressing table, putting mascara and Circus Fantasy on. Then, it cuts to her holding her hair up and singing the first lines in front of a white background. There are also black and white scenes of her wearing a white leotard behind a foggy glass. She then appears wearing the leotard and glasses, while surrounded by four female dancers wearing black outfits, hanging from a raised barre. The word "sin" is censored and changed for the word "this" during the pre-chorus. In the chorus, she dances in front of a white wall with barcode-like light installations with six male dancers. There also scenes of her dancing provocatively with two male dancers. At the bridge, there are intercut close-ups of her that end with a smirk.The video concludes with Spears dancing with the two male dancers and cuts to a close-up of her looking into the camera.

Rolling Stone writer Daniel Kreps compared the video with the music video of "Single Ladies" and complimented the choreography saying Spears had not danced with so much conviction since the In the Zone era. Bradley Stern of MuuMuse likened the video's choreography and dancer's wardrobe to Janet Jackson's "Feedback" video.Jocelyn Vena of MTV gave the video a positive review, stating that it's a "sexy, fast-paced clip" and that "there are a few moments in the video where Britney's personality shines" adding that "she smiles at the song's tongue-in-cheek lyrics, particularly when she finishes the song's bridge."Tanner Stransky of Entertainment Weekly complimented the video’s choice of wardrobe, but said that the video was "sparse", adding "there’s not much to the single besides trite, ridiculous advocation for a ménage à trois anyway, so why would the video go any deeper?".The Daily Mail said the video "features Britney writhing around in scantily-clad outfits with male dancers in the best way she knows how".

On December 15, 2009, a director's cut version of the video for "3" leaked online. Kreps commented that the new version "offers up a slightly more NSFW edit of Martel’s dance-heavy vid that seems to find a better cadence with the music, as opposed to the original version, which was essentially filmed and edited in the matter of days to coincide with The Singles Collection release".

Video Icon: That ASS!!

tumblr_m9g2mgn0uB1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Album:

220px-Britney_The_Singles_Collection.png

Single Cover: 

britney-spears-3-single-cover.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/42D5FbhwozA

Video: 

http://youtu.be/oTs6oQx1WJY

• Like 2

Hold it against me:

This bass-thumping dance track is the lead single by pop singer Britney Spears, from her seventh album. The song features production credits from Max Martin, who has penned several of Spears's hits including her debut single "…Baby One More Time" and Dr. Luke who has produced many of Ke$ha and Katy Perry's hits. The song was released on January 10, 2011. Dr Luke and Martin are long-time collaborators, having produced hits for the likes of Kelly Clarkson ("My Life Would Suck Without You") and Pink ("Who Knew").

Britney+Hold+It+Against+Me%255B1%255D.gi

The line, "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?," was used in a slightly different form in the Bellamy Brothers' 1979 hit "If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body (Would You Hold It Against Me)." The brothers subsequently expressed their annoyance at the pilfering of their signature lyric. David Bellamy said in a statement: "If you listen to the lyrics of Britney Spears' new single, you'll find some major similarities... She's a talented gal. But professionally, well, in all honesty, we feel completely ripped off. Where's the originality." Meanwhile his brother, Howard quipped: "Hey, Brit, if I said you ripped off our song, would you hold it against me?"

fight21.gif

However, the line is hardly a Bellamy original. In 2007, Howard Bellamy told us that he got the line from Groucho Marx, who used to say it to women on his game show,You Bet Your Life in the 1950s.

On its first day of release, the song garnered the highest ever number of US radio plays in a single day registering 619 plays on Mediabase and 595 plays on Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems (BDS).

britney_spears.gif

Whilst Dr. Luke and Max Martin are familiar names, the third credited producer was a newcomer to most music fans. Prior to this song, Montreal native Billboard (born Mathieu Jomphe)'s resume also included production credits on tracks by Ke$ha ("Cannibal", "Animal") and Robyn ("Call Your Girlfriend"), but this was his first song to reach the upper regions of the Hot 100.

Britney-Spears-Hold-It-Against-Me-Video-

The song sold 411,000 downloads in its first week available for purchase in the US, breaking the record for the best debut sales week for a digital song by a woman as lead artist. The prior mark for biggest debut week by a female artist was held by Taylor Swift's "Today Was a Fairytale" with 325,000 downloads.

Britney's record lasted only a short period as a month later Lady Gaga set a new record for biggest first weekly digital sales figure by a female artist when "
Born This Way" clocked up opening-week digital sales of 448,000.tumblr_lgtpqmg8Jm1qezuc7o1_500.gif

• Like 3

"Hold It Against Me" was simultaneously released to radio stations worldwide and debuted at #1 in 20 countries worldwide, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Japan and the US.

otd6ow.gif

When this song took the top spot on the US singles chart in its first week, Spears became just the second artist to debut multiple songs at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. She previously came in at #1 with "3" in 2009. The only other act to achieve multiple #1 starts prior to the former Mouseketeer was Mariah Carey with "Fantasy" and "One Sweet Day" in 1995 and "Honey" in 1997.

The song's music video was directed by Jonas Akerlund, who previously worked on the Madonna "Ray of Light" and Lady Gaga/Beyonce "Telephone" clips. The Swedish filmmaker's wife, B. Ã…kerlund, was the stylist for the video, and she told MTV News, "We were going for a punk-rock couture look in this video, with a touch of glam."

tumblr_lgugdhahia1qf190vo1_500.gif

The video finds Spears plugging her own perfume, Radiance, plus cosmetics company Make Up Forever, the online dating site Plenty of Fish, and Sony. Sources connected to the clip claimed that the singer netted $500,000 for the various product placements. The question has to be asked - would you hold it against her? A number of media commentators did, such asWashington Post writer Liz Kelly, who called the clip "an infomercial," adding, "I would write more, but suddenly feel the need to put on some Make Up Forever and dash out to buy a Sony flat screen TV."

brit2.gif

Bonnie McKee penned the lyrics. During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the songwriter revealed that she came up with the idea for the song after a comment she made to Katy Perry. She explained: "'Hold It Against Me' was a happy accident. It was actually inspired by Katy because I was writing with her at the time and I went in the other room where I was working on Britney in between. She came into the room in some tight, sexy little dress and I jokingly said, 'Damn Katy, if I told you, you had a nice body would you hold it against me?' I was like, 'Bingo!' and I wrote that song."

McKee added that she never got to meet Britney when working on Femme Fatale: "which is funny because I'm singing a lot of it.

stfu2g.gif

"But she knows who I am," she continued, "and she's been really sweet about praising me. Britney Spears is just all sex, all day. It's like, how many sexual innuendos can I come up with?"

Hold-it-Against-Me-britney-spears-197918

Apparently – it cost $40 000 to edit Britney’s looks for the video. These snaps were released as the pre photo shop look… I think she looks flawless..

vlcsnap2011062116h45mcyukz.png

Britney freaked out when she saw the original choreography for HIAM – so it had to be changed.

tumblr_mhd7lseRv81r3ty02o1_500.gif

• Like 2

Britney came up with the idea of the Brit VS Brit fight.

tumblr_lgsuvuU7IH1qzf76g.png

britney.gif

tumblr_lvcgb0JHvB1qc9f21o1_500.gif

The hooded dancers in the metal room scenes were compared to theGraeae, three sisters who shared a single eye inGreek mythology.

150px-Fuseli_perseus.jpg

What does Wiki say? The music video for "Hold It Against Me" was filmed on January 22 and 23, 2011.It was directed by Jonas Ã…kerlund, while Brian Friedman served as the choreographer.According to Spears' manager Larry Rudolph, she became a fan of Ã…kerlund's work after seeing the video for Madonna's "Ray of Light" (1998), but they had not worked together in the past, owing to "his availability or her timing". Spears and Ã…kerlund quickly got together to create the concept, presenting different ideas until, according to Rudolph, "[the concept] took a life on its own".Open auditions were held on December 22, 2010, and the dancers had to learn a routine set to Robyn's "Criminal Intent" (2010).

britney-got-sin.gif?w=640

On January 22, 2011, Spears tweeted from the video shoot, saying it was "an incredible experience" and would "be one of the best videos I have ever done."On February 2, 2011, accusations came from TMZ.com that Ã…kerlund had decided to use a dance double for Spears when it seemed like she had not rehearsed her moves enough. Both her representatives and the director denied the rumors, and Ã…kerlund commenting, "[britney's] been great throughout the entire process. [...] I've been around long enough to know when an artist gives it their all, and to me it doesn't get better than this. This video is gonna be fucking awesome! It's all Britney."Her manager Larry Rudolph later confirmed that a body double was actually used, but only for the scenes in which Spears fights herself.The fight scene was choreographed by Steven Ho.He commented that Spears incorporated the moves learned during rehearsals, but also incorporated "her own flavor", by adding a small shuffle of steps in her heels. The length of the dresses also presented a problem, and there were discussions about shortening the trains for safety issues. They were later added as 'weapons', as Ho explained, "as if they were sharp blades, giving Britney reason to jump and evade around them."

tumblr_lgu0d4Nn6d1qag275o1_500.gif

Friedman revealed that Jonas' wife, B. Ã…kerlund, was the stylist for the video. B. is known for her work with Madonna and Lady Gaga, but Friedman assured that "it is not 'Britney does Gaga.'"B. later commented about the fashion of the video, saying, "We were going for a punk-rock couture look in this video, with a touch of glam." For the wedding dress scene, B. worked with Tom Tom fashions to create a custom-made dress. Swarovski crystals were used for the "arm creations"; a necklace by Dannijo and gloves by La Cracia were added as accessories.For the fight scene, both Spears and her double wear custom dresses by B., in collaboration with Falguni and Shane Peacock, and also sport stilettos by XTC. During her dance sequence, Spears wears an outfit created by B. and Skin Graft Designs, with jewelry by Tom Binns. The boots were Spears' own, and completely bedazzled with Swarovski crystals. For the microphone sequence, Spears rocks a red look described as "skull shoulders", designed by Yasmen Hussein for Swarovski Runway Rocks. She completes the look with earrings and a necklace by Tom Binns and rings by Loree Rodkin. For the finale scene, Spears wears a custom skintight black dress by Bordelle, complete with garters. She accessorizes the look with a necklace by Noir and boots decorated with Swarovski crystals.After its release, the music video earned Spears $500,000 for the product placement by Sony, Make Up For Ever and PlentyofFish.

holdme1.jpg

hiam_dance.gif

The main idea behind the video is the rise, fall, and revival of Spears herself. The video begins when a meteoroid heads for Earth, and lights up a city when it finally lands, symbolizing Spears' entrance to fame and her skyrocketing career in the late 1990s as she became a household name. After this, black-and-white interspersed scenes of Spears getting ready in a soundstage are shown, while the words "Britney Spears" and "Hold It Against Me" appear in Def Leppard-inspired multicolored letters.Spears is then seen wearing shorts and showing her midriff in the soundstage, while her dancers in white are getting dressed around her. They are surrounded by cameras and lights, symbolizing her constantly being under the microscope and hounded by the media. As the first chorus begins, Spears appears wearing a white wedding dress inside a cylinder-shaped metal room with wires. The futuristic set and flowing dress are reminiscent of Madonna's music video for "Bedtime Story" (1995).She is seen rising up the cylinder-shaped metal room and her past music videos surround her, symbolizing her ever growing career in the music industry (and possibly referring to the carousel of Logan's run). When the second verse begins, Spears sings, wearing sparkly red skull-shaped shoulder pads, with microphones around her.

HIAM.gif

• Like 3

A pastiche of following scenes alternates between Spears dancing on the soundstage, singing with the microphones and a scene of just red lips, a reference to the opening shot of the 1975 film The Rocky Horror Picture Show.This begins to show her losing grip, reminiscent of her break down. When the breakdown starts, she begins to eject painting through IVs in her fingers, staining the room and the monitors, symbolizing her own fall as her name becomes tainted.Then, two versions of Spears, both wearing blue and red dresses with flowing trains, are seen fighting each other, another symbolism, this time of her fighting her inner demons. After this, both versions of Spears, as well as her on the wedding dress, fall exhausted to the ground, symbolizing the lowest point of her life during the breakdown. While interspersed scenes of Spears in the soundstage are shown, the other versions of herself start to wake up, showing her getting her feet back on the ground and making a comeback, refusing to give up. The final scene shows Spears dressed in a short black dress with her dancers in black on a stage, with confetti and pyrotechnics around them.In the final shot a question mark (?) appears in multicolored letters. This final scene shows her as she once was, a superstar who is back to reclaim her title. The video ends with the same multicolored lettering of a question mark, symbolizing the unknown that is to come.

anigifkum.gif

Spears announced through her Twitter account on February 4, 2011, that one teaser would be posted daily during fourteen days. The first teaser posted featured Spears in a flowing white gown, surrounded by TV screens as a light and camera are pointed at her face.Other teasers featured Spears wearing the red outfit, her in the midst of a dance sequence with male dancers, and TV screens showcasing her past music videos.James Montgomery of MTV called the teasers "brilliant" and commented that they "earn[ed] her a spot in promotional history", comparing Spears' and her team use of social media to past campaigns by Kanye WestRadiohead and iamamiwhoami.On February 6, 2011, she tweeted, "Just saw a new cut of #HIAM. SOOOO excited to share it!" The music video premiered on MTV on February 17, 2011, at 21:55 EST (2:55 UTC). It was followed by a live discussion with special guests on MTV.com at 23:00 EST (04:00 UTC).

britney-hiam-8.gif

James Montgomery from MTV said that while the video surpassed her most iconic clips in terms of sheer spectacle, it still displayed a level on restraint in its themes. He summarized the review by saying it was one of her all-time best videos, adding that "there's genuine art to it, which makes it both beautiful to look at and powerful."Montgomery also found that the video was inspired by the Graeae, iamamiwhoami, Kanye West's Runaway, Madonna's "Bedtime Story" and "Die Another Day", The MatrixMortal Kombat, Robyn's "Indestructible", The Rocky Horror Picture Show and the Cam de Leon painting Ocular Orifice from Tool's Ã†nima.Matthew Perpetua of Rolling Stone called it "a total visual assault", and added that it "is a mix of everything we've come to expect from Britney", such as sexy costumes and elaborate choreography.Aaron Parsley of People believed that the fight sequence was the highlight of the video, but dismissed the product placement.Bill Lamb of About.com said the video was visually stellar, although he added that it was "difficult to know" if it would "match the impact of" clips such as "Baby One More Time" and "Toxic".Willa Paskin ofNew York deemed it as "a high-energy, professional, dance video", but stated that "[the visuals] make up for the basic fact that she isn’t in the dancing shape, or really, performing shape she once was."

britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-Favim.

Leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly commanded the direction of Ã…kerlund, but criticized Spears for her lack of involvement, and commented, "It’s hard not to wonder: Is Britney having any fun?"Ed Masley of The Arizona Republic stated the video lived up to hype of the teasers, and added that it was unquestionably one of her "artier" videos to date.Drew Grant of Salon.com said that despite the product placement, the video "s visually stunning, with a 'Matrix' meets 'The Cell' vibe that will have Lady Gaga wishing she had thought of IV paint drips first."Alex Catarinella of The Huffington Post deemed it as her greatest and most mature work, and said the video was ultimately simple in its concept, and added, "The once picture-perfect pop star has returned and is offering fans the new, worn-and-torn and yes, stronger than yesterday Britney."The use of product placement received criticism from the media. Megan Gibson of Time said that the video was "borderline insulting" and commented, "we get that it's hard economic times all around, but couldn't they have been a tad more subtle with [it]?". Liz Kelly of The Washington Post called the clip "an infomercial" and said, "I would write more, but suddenly feel the need to put on some Make Up Forever and dash out to buy a Sony flat screen TV."

hold_it_against_me___britney_by_mrcarls-

Just for fun? Gaga steeling Brit’s ideas…..

tumblr_lhn6qrJ8UI1qdbnbto1_500.jpg

Video Icon: Creepy joker face and Rocky horror picture show lips and strange eyes

hold9.jpg

08_britney_spears.jpg

hold+it+against+britney.jpg

Album:

Britney-Spears-Femme-Fatale3.jpg

Single Cover: 

Hold+It+Against+Me+-+Single.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/FeyvByTXMzQ

Video: 

http://youtu.be/-Edv8Onsrgg

• Like 2

Till The World Ends:

This upbeat dance anthem is the second single from Britney Spears' seventh album Femme Fatale. The song was written by Ke$ha and produced by Dr. Luke and Max Martin. It was released on March 14, 2011.

Speaking about the song, Ke$ha told Spin magazine: "That song is me imagining her and any female musician touring the world. You know, when you go out, and you're having an amazing, magical night and you don't want to go to sleep and you want it to last until the world ends."

Britney-Spears-Till-The-World-ends-britn

A pre-famous Ke$ha previously worked with Spears on her Circus song, "Lace and Leather." "I just did backgrounds for her 'cause I was so broke. I needed to pay my rent," the TiK ToK singer told MTV News in 2009. "I got a few bucks. No, . I just did backups for her."

Britney-Spears-Till-The-World-Ends-Scree

Most of the tracks on Femme Fatale are dance numbers. Spears admitted in an interview with V magazine that she prefers to make tunes that will get fans out on the floor. "I like music that makes you move and connects with your soul. I like to feel inspired right away when I listen to new music," she said. "I always have songs being sent to me from new artists and producers from all over the world, which is really cool. From there I just follow my heart."

Spears admitted in an interview on Ryan Seacrest's radio show that the song just felt right for her as soon as she heard it. " 'Till the World Ends' is fun! It's fun. I like it. It's good energy," she said. "I'm a vibe person, and I think I love good-mood songs, and if it puts me in a good mood, it clicks for me."

britney-spears-till-the-world-ends-music

When asked by Rolling Stone how she sees the studio relationship between Max Martin and Dr. Luke, Britney replied: "They are two peas in a pod. It's a total bromance."

The post-apocalyptic music video was directed by Ray Kay and filmed in a clammy Los Angeles basement. The clip sees Spears dancing with her entourage on December 12, 2012, the date on which, according to the Mayan calendar, the world will end. It was the first time Spears had worked with the Norwegian director, who has also helmed visuals for the likes of Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Beyonce. Filming the clip was less than pleasant. "The set was a little much. It was grimy and gross and it felt like there was poop everywhere when there wasn't," Spears recalled to MTV News. "It was sweat and it was disgusting sometimes."britney-spears-till-the-world-ends-britn

A remixed version featuring Ke$ha and rapper Nicki Minaj was released on April 25, 2011. The remix starts with Minaj rapping with intensity about a female hater before Spears and Ke$ha take over. The remix also features a dubstep breakdown, that has been compared to the one in "Hold It Against Me." "I'm a massive fan of both the ladies I share the track with," Said Ke$ha to MTV News. "I wrote 'TTWE' for Britney with [producers] Dr. Luke and Max [Martin] and she killed it and I loved it, but I just thought a supergroup of three hot, strong women could just take over the airwaves."

Britney-Spears-Till-The-World-Ends-Music

britney-spears-till-the-world-ends-video

• Like 1

There is a rumour that Britney got one of the dancers kicked off set for farting in front of Britney.

tumblrlj8ibt6rum1qzix301.gif

Britney did say filming in the basement was not her favourite as she felt like there was poop everywhere.  Could it be that the dancer? :gloria: Or is this false all together? I guess we will never know.

tumblr_lonxtgXS4c1qcx9qt.gif

There is also a rumour that a dance double was used in the video:

5xWIc.png

A prop beer bottle was removed from the set – to avoid concerns with Britney’s rehab and ‘comeback’

2nvgeq0.gif

Britney’s mom pretty much baby sat throughout the whole shoot.

britney-spears+TTWE.gif

Wiki says: The music video for "Till the World Ends" was directed by Ray Kay and filmed inside a basement in Los AngelesCalifornia. On March 17, 2011, Spears posted on her Twitter account, "Day 1 of the #TTWE Videoshoot. Just wrapped my first big dance number. Taking a well deserved break people!" She also tweeted a picture of her on set, wearing ripped tights, a Burberry Prorsum studded leather jacket and matching fingerless leather gloves.The making-of was chronicled on the special Britney Spears: I Am the Femme Fatale, which aired on MTV on April 3, 2011, at 21:00 EST (02:00 UTC). In the special, Spears is seen watching the playback, as she later explained, "[it is] just to make sure it's right and that the costume looks right and the dancers are together and we all look in unison. It's an energy and it looks fresh. It has a certain vibe with it and it makes sense." She also went on to describe the set as "grimy and gross [...] It was sweat and it was disgusting sometimes". At a point in the shoot, Spears changed her heels to Ugg boots during the shots that did not show her feet, stating that "[Dancing in heels] hurts ... but it looks good. It wasn't a full-length shot, so a girl's about comfort when it's not showing." "Till the World Ends" is nearly the 40th music video Spears made in her career. Spears said that she did not feel the need to top herself, saying that "I've made so many videos that I'm at the point that I genuinely want to enjoy myself, and I have such a good team of people with me. [...] I had never worked with Ray Kay before. I was really happy with the work we did."The video was choreographed by Brian Friedman.On April 4, 2011, it was announced that two different versions of the music video would be released, a director's cut and a choreography cut. The same day, Spears tweeted a 30-second preview of the video, announcing, "#TillTheWorldEnds video premieres THIS Wednesday on VEVO. Cant wait to share it with you guys!"

0GP1j.gif

• Like 2

The video begins with the words "December 21st, 2012" flashing on screen, the day that refers to the fulfillment of the Great Cycle, Baktun in the Mayan calendar. While Spears appears strutting in an underground party wearing a studded leather jacket and stockings. Several people are seen running to a manhole and enter the sewer system to arrive to the party. This is followed by a dance routine in which Spears is wearing a sequined bodysuit and a small jacket with shoulder pads accompanied by female dancers. During the video, there are scenes of buildings burning and debris falling, as well as intercut scenes of Spears in front of an illuminated background. As the second verse begins, she dances provocatively with her male dancers. In the last chorus, the sun rises while water is sprayed through the dance floor and the earthquake and meteor shower subside. The video ends with Spears coming out of a manhole wearing the red bodysuit and smiling.

d046.gif

The director's cut premiered on April 6, 2011 at 03:00 EST (08:00 UTC).Kevin O'Donnell of Spin compared the "Till the World Ends" video to "I'm Slave 4 U" and added that it takes elements of classic Spears videos, such as "scantily-clad dancers, tightly executed choreography, ridonkulously sequined outfits, and pouty, overly sincere close-ups of Spears" and "places them in an apocalyptic, end-of-days scenario."Jocelyn Vena of MTV also highlighted the comparisons to "I'm a Slave 4 U", explaining that "the director's cut of the video is a sexy mash-up of Spears doing what she does best: groping half-naked guys, giving the camera bedroom eyes and being sassy in a number of leather jackets and skintight bodysuits." Chris Gayomali of Timestated that the video "s sweaty, at times blinding, yet undeniably enjoyable, adopting many of its key elements from Britney's coming-of-age 'I'm a Slave 4 U.'"Matthew Perpetua of Rolling Stone called it "a good, memorable video."Tanner Stransky of Entertainment Weekly said it "is exactly what you’d expect for this song, and from Britney at this point in her career", and also complimented Spears for getting rid of the product placement in the "Hold It Against Me" video.

tumblr_lj81foZHqT1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

Wesley Case of The Baltimore Sun stated that video "is typical 2011 party-starter — sweaty bodies, futuristic DJ-gear, well-timed faulty sprinkler system — but it captures the track's raging mood perfectly." Gina Serpe of E! Online also compared the video to "I'm a Slave 4 U", saying, "[There's] nothing wrong with a little nod to vintage Britney. Plus, sweaty dancers in underground tunnels pulsing and writhing in sync to the music? Seems like as good a way as any to survive the apocalypse." Willa Paskin of New Yorkcommented that Spears "tries hard not to make the same mistakes as the inadvertently depressing 'Hold It Against Me.' There's more dancing — though it's still largely arm-related — and much, much more smiling."The music video was nominated at the 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards in the category of International Video of the Year — Artist, but lost toLady Gaga's "Judas". It also received two nominations at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards in the categories of Best Pop Video and Best Choreography.Spears told MTV News she was "completely flattered" by the nominations.She lost Best Choreography to Beyoncé's "Run the World (Girls)", but won Best Pop Video.

ttwe-10.gif

Directors cut: The video is similar to the director's cut, but has a few differences. The choreography cut offers lengthier shots of Spears and her dancers, and much of the apocalypse storyline is edited out. The clip's ending is also different from the original: instead of emerging from the manhole Spears just looks into the camera, apparently still hiding in the underground party and hinting at a darker ending in which the world does end. On April 9, 2011, Spears tweeted that she had seen the final cut of the dance version, and was not sure which one she liked best. Ray Kay tweeted on April 14, 2011, that the original version of the video was better, "but it's fun to watch the choreography too." The video, titled "DANCE Till the World Ends" premiered on April 15, 2011. Leah Collins of Dose commented, "sorry, Team Britney, but if any of you were hoping to pass off Spears’ anemic performance in the original as the result of unfortunate editing, this clip isn’t exactly going to bring anyone back on side.

An accompanying music video for the Twister Remix of "Till the World Ends" was also directed by Ray Kay, and released on September 8, 2012. For the music video, Spears sported a $20,000 sports bra and black leggins from Body Rock. It begins with four girls talking and resting in a dance studio. Once Spears enters the room and starts playingTwister with the girls, the scenario changes to a stage with a colorful background, and they all start performing a dance routine to a remix of the song. After the song stops and the four girls are seen laying down tired, Spears turns around to them and say, "Way to rock the spots, ladies."

Till-The-World-End-britney-spears-231056

• Like 2

REMIXES:
Bollywood version of the song was done by Indian music producer duo Salim and Sulaiman Merchant, and released on DesiHits.com, a website for South Asian music and entertainment news. The remix features a Punjabi breakdown with South Asian sounding vocals and includes some added Desi flavors courtesy of dholkidhol and tumbi beats, which are common instruments in South Asian music. Baba Kahn of the production team Culture Shock stated, "Our goal was to take Britney's smash hit single and give fans a total Desi adrenaline rush. The result is a Culture Shock musical Desi roller coaster that hopefully everyone around the world will want to join." Mark Flaherty, senior vice president of Jive Label Group, said about the remix:

Michigan band Salem released a slowed-down version of the song, and made a music video featuring seemingly underage strippers and military footage.A remix featuring R. Kelly was leaked online on July 4, 2011.It features him singing the second verse, "Slide up in this club / This beat's got me in love / Till I just don't care / It's like I'm walking on air / It's a party right here", and a new hook, where he repeats the line "Party till the world ends". His vocals join those of Spears during the breakdown, and the song ends with Kelly doing runs over the chorus. A reporter from Idolator said, "We'd much rather listen to Britney's original than this uninspired remix when doomsday comes."

mlgmww.gif

A remixed version of "Till the World Ends", featuring Kesha and rapper Nicki Minaj, was leaked online on April 22, 2011.The same day, three countdowns with lines of the song appeared on the official websites of Spears, Kesha and Minaj. The Femme Fatale Remix was released on iTunes on April 25, 2011.The same day, Spears uploaded a picture of the cover art to her Twitter account. Kesha told MTV News, "I'm a massive fan of both the ladies I share the track with. I wrote 'TTWE' for Britney [...] and she killed it and I loved it, but I just thought a supergroup of three hot, strong women could just take over the airwaves."The remix adds heavier bass during the beginning, and starts with Minaj rapping with intensity about a female hater, in lines such as "Told you they'd revive your career, but somebody lied/ I ain't talkin' poultry when I say this chicken's fried." This continues by Spears singing the first verse, after which Minaj says "It's Britney, bitch. I'm Nicki Minaj and that's Kesha!", and the first chorus is sung by the latter. Spears continues with the song and is accompanied by Kesha towards the end of the second verse and the bridge.The remix also features a dubstep breakdown, reminiscent of "Hold It Against Me".

tumblr_m8elopcswa1r0ox88o1_500.gif

Tina Hart of MSN UK stated that "[Minaj] maintain her ‘badass’ demeanour. Britney’s familiar tones greet you on the verse and Kesha sounds perfectly at home on the chorus."Wesley Case of The Baltimore Sun stated that while Spears sounds processed, "Minaj's larger-than-life performance matches the in-the-red party production" and Kesha "adds an extra layer of dirt-under-the-nails sheen." He summarized his review by saying that the remix "is the perfect example of pop's current love affair with Euro dance and add-it-all-to-the-pot rules." Jordan Zakarin of The Huffington Post commented the track "has enough star power to dwarf our own sun" and added that it "puts enough of a spin on the original version to make it worth a spin on its own."Samesame.com.austated that Minaj's rap was "fantastic", and that although Kesha's verse was "a little strange", it also "works, but [...] further emphasises what a poor choice for single Till The World Ends was in the first place, as the song sounds even more like a B-side to Ke$ha’s Cannibal EP." Maura Johnston of The Village Voice highlighted the breakdown and Minaj "who seems particularly energized here, stretching and bending her voice like it's a Plasticman doll."Kyle Anderson of Entertainment Weekly said that "like most remixes, we’ll stick with the original". Anderson also stated that Kesha's contribution is "generally ignorable" and that Minaj's rap does not flow well with the rest of the song.Pitchfork Mediaincluded the Femme Fatale Remix in their Top 100 Tracks of 2011 list, writing:

"'Till the World Ends' was already the best Britney single since 'Toxic', an ecstatic Euroclub floor-filler about wanting to dance until the world ends and other important matters. Then they added the Nicki Minaj verse. In her 45-second evisceration, Nicki manages to squeeze in chicken noises and the words 'poultry', 'Epsom salt', and 'Ricki Lake'-- not to mention the immortal diss 'Sniff, sniff, criiiies/ I done slayed your entire fucking liiiiife.' (Fact: In 2011, pretty much any song in the world could be made infinitely better by the addition of a Nicki Minaj verse.) Sprinkle a little bit of Ke$ha, the song's co-writer, on the chorus, and you've got a three-headed diva Hydra that sums up the recent changing of the femme pop guard from airbrushed and perfect to (relatively) weird and chaotic. It's the year's greatest quickie cash-in remix created to boost the chart position of a floundering single. Considering the ubiquity of the practice, that's saying something."

9610.jpg

Video Icon: Britney Ninja Turtle

Britney+Spears+Till+The+World+Ends+music

Album:

Britney-Spears-Femme-Fatale3.jpg

Single Cover:

BS_TTWE_CoverMini_.jpg

Britney-Spears-Till-The-World-Ends-The-F

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/H2V9BYNQtOw

Video:

http://youtu.be/qzU9OrZlKb8

Dance till the world ends:

http://youtu.be/M3Lqg-46mDo

This is the remix:

http://youtu.be/vAyLPNLxB9U

Twister remix:

http://youtu.be/pocFw_ceETg

• Like 2

S&M:

Unfortunately no video was officially shot for this song – much to fan disappointment.

April-2011.jpg

"S&M" is a song by Rihanna from her fifth album "Loud". The song was released as the 4th single from Rihanna's album.

After the release of the song's album version, Rihanna asked her followers on Twitter about potential collaborators, of which Britney Spears was the most popular choice. Twitter messages between the two artists caused speculation that they had recorded a remix of the song - what was eventually turned out to be true.

The remix, featuring guest vocals by Britney, was only released for download and for radio airing. There's no physical release of this single - either a commercial or a promo release - this version is a fan-made copy, but it's perfectly made and also include a bonus sticker.

rihanna-britney1.jpg?w=300

britney-spears-rihanna-s-and-m-billboard

The song's ascent to the summit was fueled by a "Rih-mix" featuring Britney Spears. The Rihanna/Spears collaboration was only the fourth #1 to feature two or more solo women. Can you work out the three previous chart-toppers to do so? They were:
1979 Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer "No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)."
1998 Brandy & Monica "
The Boy Is Mine."
2001 Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya and Pink "
Lady Marmalade.’’

rihanna-britney.jpg?w=340&h=420

Video Icon: S & M bunny ears mask

Screen+shot+2012-04-08+at+1.29.35+AM.png

B-Background.jpg

Album:

rihanna-loud-cover1.jpg

Single Cover:

S%2526M%2BRemix%2BBrazil_0003.jpg

S%2526M%2BRemix%2BBrazil_0001.jpg

Video: 

http://youtu.be/5TX9KuXD8dI

• Like 2

I wanna go:

This Max Martin and Shellback penned up-tempo number features a Euro-pop whistle motif. The song was one of seven that co-executive producer Max Martin contributed to Femme Fatale and his relationship with Spears goes way back to her debut single, "…Baby One More Time," which he wrote. Spears told Rolling Stonewhy the Swedish hitmaker gets the best out of her: "Max played a huge role on this album and he has been there since the beginning so there is such a huge level of trust. He gets exactly what I am saying when I tell him what I want and don't want musically. His melodies are incredible and he is always coming up with weird sounds, which I love. The whistle on 'I Wanna Go' still gets me every time I hear it. Who would have thought of that? There is nobody I feel more comfortable collaborating with in the studio."

iwannago_britney-6.gif

The Marrs Piliero directed video was filmed in Los Angeles, California and finds Britney poking fun at the idea of the sexy pop star. It co-stars Weeds and Half Baked actor Guillermo Diaz as the convertible driver.

tumblr_ln6ljrWzDV1qfxq87o1_500.gif

One of many pop culture references that litter the video is a movie theater marquee that reads "Crossroads 2: Cross Harder," alluding to the 2002 film, in which Britney had her first major role. Piliero told the New York Post it was, "a fun Easter egg for fans. Plus, Die Hard 2: Die Harder is the most ridiculously awesome way to title a sequel. It just felt like the right thing to do. When Britney saw it, she loved it."

tumblr_ln6kg9DrO71qadygwo1_500.gif

Britney’s fuck you quote is originally from the movie Half Baked, with the lead actor Guillermo Diaz starring in the video. He originally used that quote in the movie. He is also an actor in Scandal – featuring Columbus Short – who had a fling with Britney back in the day..how is that for 7 degrees of separation..

I-Wanna-Go-britney-spears-23099491-500-2

• Like 2

Wiki Says:

The music video for "I Wanna Go" was directed by Chris Marrs Piliero and filmed in Los Angeles, California. Spears first contacted Piliero and asked him to put together a concept for the video.The main idea for Marrs Piliero came from the lyric "be a little inappropriate", which stood out for him, but he did not want to make a video about sexual inappropriateness.Piliero wrote the opening press conference scene as a tribute to the film Half Baked (1998), which he is a fan of. He explained, "That scene resonates with everyone as the epitome of the greatest way to quit your job, and just blow people off. [...] I felt like that would just be such a perfect way for her to tell the reporters to eff off."Marrs Piliero first asked actor Kellan Lutz to co-star the clip with Spears; however, Lutz turned down the role, saying that "there were a couple of weird things about the part that didn't make sense", including the scene where he was going to pour milk on himself.Piliero then thought of asking one of the stars of Half BakedGuillermo Díaz, to be part of the video, explaining that it "would make it come full circle." Piliero watched all of Spears' videos and wanted to pull what he loved from them, but also give it something fresh. Piliero felt that all of her references to the paparazzi in her previous videos had been more of a statement than an action, and for "I Wanna Go", he wanted her to have the opportunity to fight back.

Britney%20Spears-I%20Wanna%20Go-Songs%20

tumblr_ln75acm2Y31qbgmsxo1_500.gif

Piliero had the concept nearly finished by the time he met with Spears.Both wanted to explore fun ways for Spears to be inappropriate in the video,who had several ideas, such as a cop frisking her.Having seen Spears on How I Met Your Mother and Saturday Night Live, Piliero felt that none of her videos had really taken advantage of her comedic timing, saying, "She never had a music video where she could show her acting chops and have fun with comedy while being super badass. That was my goal from day one: I wanted her to be funny, badass and super cool.".During the first day of the shoot, he requested Spears to "have as much fun as possible over these next two days".Pilliero also stated that the Crossroads (2002) reference "s a fun Easter egg for fans. Plus, Die Hard 2: Die Harder is the most ridiculously awesome way to title a sequel. It just felt like the right thing to do. When Britney saw it, she loved it."

dqi23r-jpg.gif

The video begins at a press conference where Spears, wearing a cropped Mickey Mouse top (paying homage to her days in The New Mickey Mouse Club), is being asked inappropriate questions by news reporters, such as "Is it true you banned junk food, smiles, candy, sunshine and laughter from your Femme Fatale tour?" Angered by the questions, Spears replies (albeit censored): "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you – I'm out", referencing a scene from the film Half Baked.After leaving the press conference, Spears walks out of the building and out into the street, wearing a white leather jacket and a black skirt with matching with studded combat boots. She signs a fan's copy of Femme Fatale and then blows a kiss to a baby as he whistles the melody of the chorus. As Spears walks along the street, she flashes several men, including a policeman. As a criminal offence, the policeman searches Spears, feeling up and down her legs, as she is bent over a car. Spears later walks away from the policeman, swinging handcuffs around her finger while he buttons his shirt.

She continues walking down the street, where she smashes the camera of a paparazzi photographer who takes pictures of her. More paparazzi appear as she runs away and jumps on top of a taxi. Spears then stands atop of it, wielding the microphone as a weapon against the paparazzi who are hassling her. Across the street, a marquee of the cinema besides her reads Crossroads 2: Cross Harder, referencing her film debut Crossroads.After all the paparazzi, revealed to becyborgs, have been knocked to the floor, they start crawling back with their eyes glowing red and their faces bursting with wires, reminiscent to a scene in Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991). A car suddenly pulls up near to Spears, and the driver Guillermo Díaz tells her to get inside. In the next scene, Spears dances in the passenger seat in a pink bikini top, as Guillermo drives.He attempts to drink some milk while driving but pours the carton of milk over his face. His chest starts to spark, and Spears pulls open his jacket to reveal that he too is a cyborg. The video then cuts back to the press conference, indicating that Spears was daydreaming, due to being asked monotonous and inappropriate questions. Guillermo steps in and leads Spears out of the room. Then, he turns to the camera with his eyes glowing red, and his laugh is heard, referencing Michael Jackson's Thriller(1983)

britney_i_wanna_go-4.gif

• Like 2