Updated: All Of Britney's Albums With Interesting Facts And Album Information - All In One Place! (Remix Albums And Rumored Albums Included)

That is all for Britney Jean - and all for today.

Will be back tomorrow with the rest of the albums.

Still to come:

Greatest Hits

Singles Collection

B in the Mix - the Remixes Vol 1 and 2

Unreleased collection

Promise to have them all up before the end of the weekend - just takes ages to post :) 

Hope you are all enjoying it so far.

These things make me feel so proud for being a Britney stan :crying2:

I know right - no onewill ever achieve what she has - also all the mystery - the entertainment - the hidden facts - the true star quality...

I am afraid we have seen the last of the entertainers. Britney is a rarity and I am so happy to be a part of it.

• Like 1

I know right - no onewill ever achieve what she has - also all the mystery - the entertainment - the hidden facts - the true star quality...

I am afraid we have seen the last of the entertainers. Britney is a rarity and I am so happy to be a part of it.

Britney is a one of a kind phenomenon, no one and nothing will ever be like her, never, she achieved so much that no normal human being could achieve and this is all before she turned 40, I'm so proud of her :crying4:

That is all from me today - will return soon with FF - BJ - GH - SC - BITM 1 and 2 and unreleased albums :)

OMG BEST THREAD EVER!!!!!!!!! :excited: Seriously so amazing! I just can't wait for all the rest!! :thumbsup: IT'S SOOOO GOOD! :crying1:  Thank you and Glen Coco for all of your hard work putting this together! YOU ARE FLAWLESS!! <3 YOU!!  :hug:  :kisskiss:

OMG BEST THREAD EVER!!!!!!!!! :excited: Seriously so amazing! I just can't wait for all the rest!! :thumbsup: IT'S SOOOO GOOD! :crying1:  Thank you and Glen Coco for all of your hard work putting this together! YOU ARE FLAWLESS!! <3 YOU!!  :hug:  :kisskiss:

Wow - thank you so much - I really appreciate this :hug: I am so glad you appreciate these threads - I always want to have all facts like this in one place and Glen CoCo is just one amazing member that helped heaps with this 

I promise to have everything up by the end of this weekend :)

Flawless :hug:

Interesting facts:

Album was originally titled 'Hits' (confirmed by someone who worked at a record store that emailed a Britney fansite, they also said that the album was going to have 2 discs, which turned out to be true)

The album was supposed to include 4 new songs, rather than 2 new songs and a b-side. 

19zpffff000000000000000000000000000007ca

Breathe On Me was rumoured to be included on the original tracklisting, but was taken off at the last minute.

In the JJ Flores remix of My Pereogative, Britney is heard singing 'tell me why' in the chorus rather than the man. This is possibly the demo version of the song, or a stem.

http://youtu.be/wQrEe38qLA8

Do Somethin' was originally written for European girl group Melodi Brown. Their version of the song remains unreleased. An article written on popjustice.com in 2005 says they performed the song at a showcase in London in 2003.

Britney+Spears+-+Greatest+Hits+My+Prerog

I've Just Begun (Having My Fun) was originally recorded in 2003 for In the Zone. It was available to purchase on the iTunes store in mid 2004 & was also included on the bonus disc that came with the In the Zone DVD in North America.

The album, which was released in late 2004, is a 2003 photoshoot, exactly what did for Rolling Stone by Matthew Rolston.

The red shirt worn by Britney in the video for "Do Somethin '" is the same as used in the trials for the video for "Toxic," as we see in the MTV Making The Video: Toxic.  

britney-spears-greatest-hits-prerogative

In Italy  "Do Somethin '" was never released as a single in physical, only radio and television. Indeed, BMG Italy, decided it was best to release the video for "Everytime" instead of the physical single, as it had never been passed in Italy due to the great success of "Toxic."

The "Chris Cox Megamix" was released as a single before "Do Somethin '" and the official video circulated in several countries.

GHMP+Matthew+Rolston+(3).jpg

"Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" had no promotion to allow Britney to enjoy her engagement to Kevin and her focus on the Origional Doll project was pulled. It is rumoured that Do Somethin was one of the tracks from Origional Doll.

No version of the album include the song "From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart." Only the video was placed on the DVD.

sc.jpg

Britney_spears_-_greatest_hits_my_prerog

Britney wanted this album to be a way of parting ways with her last albums and for a fresh start there after – and was still hoping to release the Original doll album.

Greatest Remixes: My Pereogative:
- Amazon reported in early 2005 that Britney was releasing a remixed form of her GH:MP album. 
- It was supposed to only be released in Japan.
- The release was cancelled, probably because Jive commissed B in the Mix.
Tracklisting:
01. My Prerogative (X-Press 2 Dub)
02. Toxic (Bloodshy & Avant\'s Remix)
03. I\'m A Slave 4 U (The Light Remix)
04. Oops!... I Did It Again (Jack D.Elliot Club Mix)
05. Me Against The Music (Feat. Madonna) (Scott Storch Remix)
06. Stronger (Pablo La Rosa\'s Tranceformation Edit)
07. Everytime (Valentin Remix)
08. Baby One More Time (Sharp Trade Club Mix)
09. (You Drive Me) Crazy (Jazzy Jim\'s Hip-Hop Mix)
10. Sometimes (Soul Solution Mid-Tempo Remix)
11. Overprotected (Riprock \'N Alex G Remix)
12. Lucky (Jason Navins Mixshow Edit)
13. Outrageous (R. Kelly Remix)
14. Don\'t Let Me Be The Last To Know (Thunderpuss Radio Mix)
15. Born To Make You Happy (Bonus Remix)
16. I\'m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman (Chocolate Puma Remix)
17. Do Somethin\' (DJ Monk\'s Radio Edit)

Wiki Information:

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative is the first greatest hits album of American singer Britney Spears. It was released on November 8, 2004 by Jive Records. The compilation was released in two different formats, a standard edition and a limited edition containing a bonus disc with remixes. A compilation DVD of the same name was released to accompany the audio versions. The album includes three new tracks, a cover of Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative", "Do Somethin'" and "I've Just Begun (Having My Fun)", which was released digitally in August 2004. Critics gave Greatest Hits: My Prerogative mixed reviews. Some felt that it was an accurate portrayal of Spears as the defining figure of American pop culture, while others stated that she did not have enough material for a compilation and also deemed it as premature.

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative debuted at the top of the charts in Ireland and Japan, and the top ten in other fourteen countries, including Australia, Canada, Norway, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States. Greatest Hits: My Prerogative has sold 5 million copies worldwide. The title track was released as the first single from the album. It went on to peak at number one in Ireland, Italy, Finland and Norway, and reached the top ten in another fourteen countries. "Do Somethin'" was released as the second single from the album.

Britney_Spears___Greatest_Hits_by_other_

On August 13, 2004, Spears announced through Jive Records the release of her first greatest hits compilation titled Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, due on November 16, 2004. The title was chosen after the album's lead single, Spears's cover version of Bobby Brown's 1988 single "My Prerogative". The cover was produced by Swedish production team Bloodshy & Avant. A DVD of the same name was also released the same day, containing Spears's music videos.Spears had recorded a song titled "I've Just Begun (Having My Fun)" originally for her fourth studio album, In the Zone (2003). It was first included as a bonus track in the European version of the In the Zone DVD. In the United States, the track was a free download in the Wal-Mart edition of In the Zone, due to an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart and Sony Connect. When the deal ended in mid-2004, Jive Records decided to release it in iTunes Store on August 17, 2004. "I've Just Begun (Having My Fun)" peaked at number seven on the iTunes chart while it was speculated to be in the tracklist of Greatest Hits: My Prerogative. The tracklist was officially revealed on September 13, 2004. Greatest Hits: My Prerogative included three new tracks: "My Prerogative", "I've Just Begun (Having My Fun)" and "Do Somethin'", all of them produced by Bloodshy & Avant. A limited edition of the album was also released, which included a bonus disc with remixes of Spears's songs by different recording artists, as well as a megamix of Spears's hits.

4c5182bd8cbe20a82dd02c86ad06d9f8.jpg

Mary Awosika of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune selected "I've Just Begun (Having My Fun)" as the best of the new tracks, and added that "The rest of the album is a romp down memory lane of when Spears was the 'It' girl of popular culture, ruling the pop charts as a multi-million dollar entertainment should. [...] In all honesty, no one can deny Spears has recorded some great dance songs, and this album is the best way to get all the songs in one swoop".Faridul Anwar Farinordin of the New Straits Times said, "rest assured, fans will surely grab this one" and selected "Oops!... I Did It Again" and "Overprotected" as the best tracks. Annabel Leathes of BBC Onlinedeemed it "calorific as the KFC burgers dished up at her chav-style wedding; twenty finger lickin' tracks that mirror her trajectory from pretty pop puff to lusty strumpet".Christy Lemire of the Associated Press stated that it was premature for Spears to release a greatest hits album compilation after only five years, but highlighted "I'm a Slave 4 U", "Toxic" and "Everytime".Andy Petch-Jex of MusicOMHhighlighted the first four tracks and commented "true some of the tunes are complete pony plops, but beneath the occasional reek there beats a solid gold pop heart".

Britney+Spears+My+Prerogative+PNG.png

Spence D. of IGN said, "If Britney Spears' Greatest Hits: My Prerogative illuminates anything it's that Spears is a fairly proficient sonic chameleon, able to mimic and adopt the stylings of those who have come before her with enough panache and verve to convince younger generations that she's a bona fide pop revelation. [...] This is the kind of kitschy album that you can get away with having because Spears is such a prevalent component of pop culture." James Gashinski of The Gazette said that "As a time capsule, My Prerogative does its job well," but "Added together, the pop hits on this album are somewhat less than the sum of their parts". He explained, "Even if it isn’t as great a listen as a cohesive album, My Prerogative does work as a portrait of the time when Britney Spears was the defining figure of American pop culture".Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic agreed with Gashinski, but added "if you compare it to The Immaculate Collection, which captured the time when Madonna was the defining figure of American pop culture and does work as an album, it's clear that a cultural artifact isn't necessarily the same thing as great music".

09oyffff000000000000000000000000000007a5

Ann Powers of Blender said, "The hits collected on My Prerogative are as sticky as soda and almost as easy to rinse out. Spears will go down in history books, but not for anything she’s created, besides a world-class stir". She named "...Baby One More Time" "the song that defined her legacy" and also added, "In less than five minutes, it contains an emotional storm that is both widely public and deeply personal. If only she had continued to prove worthy of that heroic task." Kelefa Sanneh of The New York Times said that "Listening to her hits all at once, you may be struck by the seductive severity of Ms. Spears's music: the beats are sharp as tines, the lyrics are filled with evocations of fear and control, the voice projects nothing you might mistake for warmth".

tumblr_mxt9nss4Fd1rdo4hvo1_500.gif

In the United States, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative debuted at number four on the Billboard 200, with sales exceeding 255,000 copies. It has spent a total of 32 weeks overall on the chart. It became her first album not to debut at number one.  In December 2004, the album was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments of a million copies of the album. As of February 2010, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative sold over 1,375,000 copies in the United States. In Canada, the album debuted at number three selling 20,400 copies and was certified gold by the Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA) for shipments of 50,000 units. In Australia and New Zealand, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative debuted at number four and seventeen on the official charts, respectively. The album was certified two-times platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) indicating shipments of 140,000 units.

In the United Kingdom, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative debuted at number two behind Eminem's Encore, with first-week sales of 115,341 units. The album debuted at number three on the European Top 100 Albums. Greatest Hits: My Prerogative also debuted at number two in Belgium (Wallonia), Finland and Denmark, number four in Austria and Norway, and inside the top ten in Belgium (Flanders), Czech Republic, Italy, Portugal and the Netherlands. It also charted in Sweden and Spain. In Japan, Spears' compilation became her first album to top the Oricon charts selling 173,145 copies, and finished as the 38th best-selling album of 2004 and the 40th of 2005. To date, it has sold 710,124 copies in the country and remains her highest-selling album there. Global sales for Greatest Hits: My Prerogative stand at over five million units.

tumblr_lw2xreFPMS1r3ty02o1_500.gif

"My Prerogative" was released as the first single from the compilation. The song was set to premiere on radio stations on September 14, 2004, however, it leaked in the Real Tapemasters Inc.'s mixtape The Future of R&B on September 10, 2004. The cover was musically different from Bobby Brown's original song, and was noted for aptly referring to Spears's relationship with the media at the time.  It received mixed to negative reviews from critics, but went on to achieve worldwide success, topping the charts in countries like in Finland, Ireland, Italy and Norway, and reaching the top ten in another fourteen countries. In the United States, "My Prerogative" charted in Billboard'Top 40 Tracks and Top 40 Mainstream at number twenty-two and thirty-four, respectively.

tumblr_m75y2wIrEg1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

Although no more singles were planned, Spears wanted to shoot a music video for "Do Somethin'" and pushed for it to be released. The song was released as a single worldwide except North America on February 14, 2005. "Do Somethin'" received positive reviews, and reached top ten positions in countries such as Australia, Denmark, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Although the song was not released in the United States, it charted on many of Billboard's component charts due to digital downloads and reached number one-hundred on the Hot 100. The accompanying music video was co-directed by Billie Woodruff and Spears, who appeared credited as her alter ego "Mona Lisa". She was also the stylist and choreographer of the video.

tumblr_liovraMEb61qzznnqo1_500.gif

tumblr_lk0xld01bJ1qb0gm2o1_500.png