Kesha releases a new video: ''I Need A Woman To Love''

Kesha is no stranger to the LGBTQ community. The singer has produced songs that her queer fans flock to as anthems of self-acceptance, along with being able to relate to her LGBTQ fans when it comes to going through hardships in order to be true to yourself.

As a part of the Universal Love project being helmed by MGM Resorts, Kesha released a video for “I Need a Woman to Love,” a reimagining of Janis Joplin’s classic rock song “I Need a Man to Love,” but with gender-switched pronouns. The video for the project shows Kesha traveling out to Las Vegas to marry real-life couple Dani and Lindsay. “This will be my third same-sex marriage,” Kesha adds in the video. “I’m just gonna assume that this will go according to plan.”

Dani and Lindsay were chosen for the music video after sharing a video about how excited they were to get married in Vegas. The ceremony took place at the Bellagio in Vegas on March 26 -- the anniversary of the first-ever marriage license issued to a same-sex couple in the United States.

The video follows the couple from preparing for the wedding to their celebration following their nuptials, while Kesha wails the lyrics to her song in the background. “Whoa, won't you let me hold you, dear? Ah, yeah/ I wanna just put my arms around you,” she sings.

“I Need A Woman To Love” is one of six reimagined songs on the Universal Love album, along with new renditions from Bob Dylan and St. Vincent, who sing “He’s Funny That Way,” (a reworking of Frank Sinatra’s “She’s Funny That Way,”) and “And Then She Kissed Me” (a redone cover of The Crystals’ “Then He Kissed Me”), respectively.

Source: Billboard

• Like 1