Her Vocal Peak Hasn't Been Yet

I've been watching lots of Youtube videos about female singers who peaked too young and then struggled in later years. 

No shade, but Christina A obviously had an incredible voice and still can sing better than most others, but from touring and poor technique over the years her vocal peak passed over a decade ago. 

Whitney gave us many years of incredible vocals, but in her final tour the voice was massively patchy due to years of drug abuse, smoking, vocal gymnastics and age. 

Britney from the Oops era onwards was more known for her dancing than her vocals. Let's be real - Onyx Tour was lipped apart from Everytime and Shadow and even some of those were lipped. Circus Tour was fully lipped. Femme Fatale Tour was 99.9% lipped. Vegas Residency was lipped apart from the odd Happy Birthday or Something To Talk About. 

When Britney sang BOMT in 2016 in Carpool Karaoke, her vocal sounded incredibly similar to 1998 Britney vocals. 

My theory is - if Britney does get free of her abusive father and does want to make music again, I think she'll focus more on singing than dancing. I'm not saying she'll sit on a stool for an hour and pull an Adele, but I could see a few songs being sung live. I pray this happens as her vocals are underrated. She just needs a vocal coach and practice. Unlike Xtina/Mariah, she hasn't overused her voice through touring but it probably needs a lot of work as any muscle needs flexing. 

Also - does she still smoke? Last time I actually saw a photo of her smoking was that one YEARS ago:

Britney Spears looks a far cry from a Vegas showgirl as she puffs on a  cigarette with smeared make-up | Daily Mail Online

• Like 1

After 2 decades of lip-syncing, I'd say her voice is well preserved. She might have lost some technique, but her vocal cords are probably as good as they were in 2001. All she needs is a good vocal trainer and be committed to it (same with her dancing). But that's the last of her worries now and I can see why she didn't even bother to push herself in the last 10 years.

• Upvote 1