Sam Credits #FreeBritney Shares Opinion About Recent Documentaries.

heather

spacer.png

I haven't posted anything about the new documentaries coming out because I have very mixed feelings about them. I get wanting to "spread awareness", like Sam mentioned, but I also think about Britney's true feelings. She said she cried for days after the first one (I believe her, especially now with Sam saying it left a bad after taste) she said in court she doesn't like that people/her family do interviews and she can't say anything, she said she wants to tell her story. SHE wants to tell her story. So it feels very exploitative and wrong that all these filmmakers are telling her story instead of Britney. And I understand that reaching her is difficult right now, but that's all the more reason to NOT do this. Media exploitation helped Britney live worse than a prisoner for 13 years, and it's too little too late to turn the tide now.

15 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I admit I feel a lil conflicted too, but I’m still watching them, I wanna know what they have to say esp. these insiders. I’d prefer to hear it from Britney herself but god only knows when that day will come.

I'm not watching them and I'll catch the clips on Twitter/YouTube. I'm not interested in giving my view and therefor putting money in the pockets of more people profiting off Britney. Regardless of their "good" intentions. Because I have a hard time believing anyone has good intentions that aren't listening to, and respecting Britney's wishes at this point.

This isn't easy. I wholeheartedly believe the court was not going to move in her favor without the added attention the documentary gave.  She will be able to speak in full in her own time and she can voice her opinion on her situation when she's ready. None of these docs will take the place of her speaking, I hope she knows that. The problem is she's been robbed of her voice for 13+ years because of the situation. I know the money clouds everything, and makes people question the intentions of the documentarians but honesty I believe it's better we get the docs while the case is current, and people are closer to it because they can effect change now and she seems to need the help now.  I hope she is truly appreciative of people caring about her.

The reality is once she's free, she's still going to be dealing with the trauma of the situation and even if these docs didn't happen, the media will continue to speculate on her - that's not going away. She's infamous at this point and the pressure will always be there unless she purposefully fades into obscurity. One thing I will say is it would be nice to get a clear and consise statement from Britney that explicitly addresses the docs, not just a written caption that can't 100% be attributed to her or something from Sam. She spoke so well in court so I know she can.

Of course, you're going to say she shouldn't have to respond and we should just respect her wishes but I do think it would be more impactful if we heard her wishes from her mouth. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

This isn't easy. I wholeheartedly believe the court was not going to move in her favor without the added attention the documentary gave.  She will be able to speak in full in her own time and she can voice her opinion on her situation when she's ready. None of these docs will take the place of her speaking, I hope she knows that. The problem is she's been robbed of her voice for 13+ years because of the situation. I know the money clouds everything, and makes people question the intentions of the documentarians but honesty I believe it's better we get the docs while the case is current, and people are closer to it because they can effect change now and she seems to need the help now.  I hope she is truly appreciative of people caring about her.

The reality is once she's free, she's still going to be dealing with the trauma of the situation and even if these docs didn't happen, the media will continue to speculate on her - that's not going away. She's infamous at this point and the pressure will always be there unless she purposefully fades into obscurity. One thing I will say is it would be nice to get a clear and consise statement from Britney that explicitly addresses the docs, not just a written caption that can't 100% be attributed to her or something from Sam. She spoke so well in court so I know she can.

Of course, you're going to say she shouldn't have to respond and we should just respect her wishes but I do think it would be more impactful if we heard her wishes from her mouth. 

We did hear her wishes from her mouth. She very clearly said she doesn't like when people talk for her and give interviews when she can't. That SHE wants to talk and tell her story. That's why I have the issue. Because these people are continuing to tell her story without her input. I'm not sure why everyone loves to pick and choose what they remember from Britney's testimony. Not just you, but when the matters of Jodi come up too. You said she spoke so well in court, so let's not forget ALL the things she said. 

I think the documentaries were great at getting the public on Britney's side, sure, but don't fool yourself into thinking they had any impact in the court. They didn't. The only thing that impacted real change was Britney's public testimony. And only because it was public and the world heard her. Not the docs, not the public pressure, BRITNEY did that and I won't take that away from her. 

I hope that Britney isn't watching these. As you said, she'll have to deal with the trauma she's experienced for the rest of her life, opening these wounds PUBLICLY without her consent is adding to her trauma regardless of intention imo. Because I don't believe these producers are money hungry looking to cash in on a hot topic (except CNN fuck them) and I do appreciate the awareness it brings to the general public, I just worry at what expense to Britney.