What if she's afraid?

To perform on the VMA's again? I mean she was trashed to an extreme last time she performed on there. Maybe she's afraid to go back. Maybe she knows she can't top anything she's done before. And if she reads what her fans say she knows she'll never be able to make anyone happy with a performance there. What if she just given up completely cuz it's the easy way out. Because honestly her team would make her perform there in a heartbeat if they could. She had so many opportunities to do so.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To perform on the VMA's again? I mean she was trashed to an extreme last time she performed on there. Maybe she's afraid to go back. Maybe she knows she can't top anything she's done before. And if she reads what her fans say she knows she'll never be able to make anyone happy with a performance there. What if she just given up completely cuz it's the easy way out. Because honestly her team would make her perform there in a heartbeat if they could. She had so many opportunities to do so.

I think it is mainly because she was trashed so hard in 2007......not gonna lie....I was disappointed with her performance......it was just a mess. She is scared and you can tell that she has lost confidence in performing.......she is gaining it back, slowly, IMO. And you are right, even if she did perform, certain fans would pick her apart.

oh yea thats for sure. she will probably only go there when she feels she is 100% old britney because if she goes, she either doesnt go or she goes BIG so she's prob really perfectionistic. i think she's saving that for the future ;)

also she might not b invited to come in there anymore. i mean idk if this is true, but i kno some shows can kick u out

i honestly believe that "tribute" was britney's farewell to the vma's. she won't be back again

no it wasn't. i could see your point if it was just a random tribute out of nowhere but it was a celebration for her video vanguard award. justin was presented with the same award but he actually did a 15 minute performance vs a tribute

I don't think it's afraid...

1. Everyone is waiting for her performance be perfectly or very badly.
Guess which one they will focus more?
:frenchy:

2. Don't need and don't like fame and media attention focused on her.
:lolkbye:   

3. She no longer needs to sell herself at MTV. She already have her old fans and sells very well without divulgation.
:fabrit:

4. tumblr_m723jhuUN41rzqlteo1_500.gif

no it wasn't. i could see your point if it was just a random tribute out of nowhere but it was a celebration for her video vanguard award. justin was presented with the same award but he actually did a 15 minute performance vs a tribute

And that's exactly why I don't think she'll be back to the vmas. Justin isn't Britney so what's your point?

she dont reads what her fans say. thats what makes her perfect. cuz she s doing what she wants.. and dont think shes afraid of anything at this moment.

well I give her props if that's the reason...she's aware of her work nowadays if she thinks that...sometimes I think that she actually thinks that what she's making is amazing...I'm not trying to be a b*tch, I think she's getting better, but I don't think that she's on a level of performing on VMA's...I know that there's a lot of bad performances there nowadays, but she made the VMA's iconic, so if she can't pull of something like that now, she's gonna be trashed...if she's aware of that, I think it's smart of her to guard herself...

It can be. But one thing's for sure -- she'll never forget about that 2007 fiasco when Sarah Silverman made some nasty jokes about her kids and there were some rumors flying around this actually had a negative impact on her 2007 VMA performance.

Everything went to hell that night. Some were saying her heel broke, there are still some pictures and videos on YT about it. She even cried after the performance. So, yeah, she feels uncomfortable even thinking about it let alone performing on VMAs.

It can be. But one thing's for sure -- she'll never forget about that 2007 fiasco when Sarah Silverman made some nasty jokes about her kids and there were some rumors flying around this actually had a negative impact on her 2007 VMA performance.

Everything went to hell that night. Some were saying her heel broke, there are still some pictures and videos on YT about it. She even cried after the performance. So, yeah, she feels uncomfortable even thinking about it let alone performing on VMAs.

:mhm: 

I think it is mainly because she was trashed so hard in 2007......not gonna lie....I was disappointed with her performance......it was just a mess. She is scared and you can tell that she has lost confidence in performing.......she is gaining it back, slowly, IMO. And you are right, even if she did perform, certain fans would pick her apart.

:crying5: