Updated With Pg The Video Collection - All Of Britney's Videos - With Interesting Facts - Includes The Videos We Will Never See

I’m not a girl not yet a woman:

When Britney was interviewed by Seventeen magazine, she told the story of how she receives fan mail every day from teenage girls who are in that awkward in-between stage of adolescence. She wanted to sing a song that spoke of the angst and heartache of puberty. Britney jokes that the nickname of the song is "Girman" - the combination of girl and woman.

tumblr_ltr50dR17z1r3ty02o1_500.gif

British singer Dido wrote this with help from producers Max Martin and Rami. Dido, who had a hit with "Thank You," writes very emotional songs. Spears had more introspective songs on the album, which suited Dido's style. Although she co-wrote 5 songs on the album, Spears feels this is the one she can best relate to. She said that it reflects who she is.

tumblr_ltr4tyl5XY1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The video was streamed over 2 million times in 24 hours after it was put online as part of AOL's music channel.

britneyspears.gif

There are 2 versions released for the video – one with Crossroads snippets and also one without. This video was first only released in the US as a 2nd single and then as a 3rd single in Europe.

tumblr_m0jwjgUhKy1r0ox88o1_500.gif

Britney had to be set down by Safety wire to get on the edge of the cliff – her team did not want her to do it, but Britney insisted and was determined.

I-m-Not-a-Girl-Not-Yet-a-Woman-britney-s

The video features Britney standing on the edge of a cliff. The star understandably had some trepidation about being so close to the edge. "The wind started picking up a lot and almost dropped me over," Spears recalled to MTV News. "And I was like, 'OK, gotta go.'" The director Wayne Isham loved the way the video looked and told MTV News there was no green screen involved. "She went out there and, without a safety cable, just stood there with those cowboy boots on," he said. "She was standing on the edge in her cowboy boots, looking hot. We'd be right on the edge, and she had not a blink of fear."

tumblr_mxhsq4Vwur1rmckmso1_400.gif

I-m-Not-A-Girl-Not-Yet-A-Women-britney-s

It is rumoured that the video for INAGNYAW was months before the release of the Britney album and also before I’m a Slave 4 U. The video was released almost a year after being filmed.

I-m-Not-A-Girl-Not-Yet-A-Women-britney-s

britney.gif

http://_pri_.zip.net/images/bri5.jpg

• Like 1

The accompanying music video for the track was directed by Wayne Isham, who wanted it to show Spears "out in nature". The video was filmed completely on location, with none of the scenes shot on green screens. The video primarily consists of Spears, whilst wearing cowboy boots, performing the song whilst standing on the edge of a cliff, and inside a cave: despite her "trepidation" and heavy winds which "almost dropped [her] over", she performed the scene without a safety cable. Isham praised Spears' attitude to the filming of the scene, claiming that she "had not a blink of fear" during the shoot, Spears is sitting on top of a cliff, surrounded by cliffs. Isham also considered the music video one of his favorites, commenting that he had "nothing but positive things to say about my experience with her and what she's doing right now" and that Spears "stepped into it with positive energy. She ended up stepping out and kicking ass, There are 3 versions of the video, Version 1 and 2 has clips from the movie "Crossroads" and Version 3 is the original version."The music video won the award for "International Music Video of the Year Short-Form" on the 2003 Japan Gold Disc Awards.

I-m-Not-a-Girl-Not-Yet-a-Woman-britney-s

Video Icon: Hotel room Bed

tumblr_lpa6p0Ma3F1qb9pg0o1_500.gif

Album:

britney.jpg

Single cover:

BritneyNotAGirl.jpg

4233349514c4ba267af48047.jpg

Video Comparison and deleted scenes:

http://youtu.be/2J291AEVstE

http://youtu.be/v491FohZbFE

Video:

http://youtu.be/IlV7RhT6zHs

• Like 2

Overprotected (Drakchild Remix video)

This version was released as a US only release as a 3rd single as opposed to the Album version. Britney was not happy with the original – more innocent version of the original video – so wanted this version to be more racy.

tumblr_m0xigmp4nC1qcxxpho1_500.gif

tumblr_ma9s9jCmCK1qc5i9so1_400.gif

In the alleyway scenes where Britney is looking up, apparently the residents were throwing water (or some sort of liquid) at her as they were not impressed at the noise levels during late night hours. This made Britney cry and they had to cut some of the scenes. Supposedly some of the people were pouring out urine.. here is the article..

http://www.hollywood.com/news/brief/1106183/britney-doused-with-urine

tumblr_locu2v4YyI1qejosko9_500.gif

tumblr_lspgnxOtKA1r40g7fo1_500.gif

tumblr_mndj8qAXR41r3ty02o1_500.gif

The music video for "The Darkchild Remix" was directed by Chris Applebaum and filmed in the first weekend of March 2002 in Los Angeles, California. It was produced under A Band Apart Productions,while the choreography for this version was also created by Brian Friedman. The full shooting took 23 hours,and Applebaum was said to be impressed with Spears' "stamina and patience through the marathon shoot, which wrapped 5 a.m."According to Joe D'Angelo of MTV, "the clip furthers her 'I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman' crusade to shirk her adolescent image, as she and five friends outsmart her bodyguard with the old 'you're wanted elsewhere' trick and sneak out of a hotel and into an underground dance club."It was released on March 26, 2002.

BritneySpearsOverprotected2.png

Overprotected.gif

Spears directly referenced Janet Jackson's "Son of a Gun (I Betcha Think This Song Is About You)" music video in the "Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)" video during the elevator scenes and scenes of her and her dancers walking down the hotel lobby. Both videos also use the same hotel setting, filmed at Los Angeles' Millennium Biltmore Hotel.Spears also references and draws inspiration from Janet Jackson in several other music videos, including "Stronger", "Circus", and "Womanizer", which she mentioned in her "For the Record" documentary.

soag-overprotected.jpg

• Like 1

The video opens with Spears and her friends in a hotel room, where a tabloid reporter on television criticizes her for the sexy, revealing outfits she's often seen wearing publicly. Spears and her friends express their disagreement with the report. Spears, determined to be self-sufficient and unaffected by media comments, then makes a phone call to her bodyguard, and using a cloth to disguise the sound of her voice, coaxes him to leave the area so that her group may sneak out of the hotel and enjoy the day. They run into an elevator and fool around briefly with the security cameras before going up to the main lobby. A strut down the lobby of the hotel and a short dance sequence follows. As they leave the hotel, they follow towards the dance club. However, before they arrive, they're caught in an alley by several paparazzi, and start to perform a dance routine in the middle of the rain. As they make their entrance, they're dripping wet, an image which makes for more sensationalist fodder for the tabloid reporter. 

Britney+Spears+Overprotected+Darkchild+b

Overprotected+GIF.gif

Video Icon: The prank phone

3.jpg

Album:

britney.jpg

Single cover: 

Overprotected+Remix+Israel+Promo_0001.jp

Video: 

http://youtu.be/uaPdbqQ5Tps

• Like 1

I love rock and Roll:

This was originally recorded by The Arrows in 1975. The most famous version is byJoan Jett. Spears recorded this because she needed a song to perform in a Karaoke scene in her first movie, Crossroads. She liked the choice because she often sings it when she does Karaoke.This was produced by Rodney Jerkins, who gave it an R&B feel.

According to Rolling Stone Magazine, when asked why she covered this Joan Jett song, she replied, "Because I love Pat Benatar." What the magazine didn't mention was that Spears was being sarcastic. She was sick of answering questions about Joan Jett, a Rock singer who played guitar, wrote songs and paid her dues touring with a teenage group called The Runaways.

tumblr_mqqxd8jHR31qhcfgoo1_500.gif

It appears a lot of people did not love this rock and roll as Spears' rendition came top in a NME poll to find the worst cover version of all time. The survey was commissioned by the Channel 4 show On Track With SEAT. Ronan Keating's version of "Fairytale of New York" came second and Celine Dion's interpretation of "You Shook Me All Night Long" third.

132114213.jpg

Upcoming band of the moment Sugarcult was approached about playing Britney's band in the video, which they turned down.

Britney-Spears_ILoveRockAndRoll.gif

Directed by Chris Applebaum, the music video for "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" features Spears in a tight-fitting leather getup in a dark black room. Straightforward, it features Spears jamming in a large red room, complete with her own band, a stack of speakers, and flashing lights. She crawls along on the floor, and plays air guitar before smashing the speakers with a real guitar. Spears also dances on a rotating motorcycle and gets covered with confetti. The video made its way to the No. 2 spot at the 100 Best Videos of 2002 at MTV Latin America's countdown, only behind Avril Lavigne's "Complicated". The Director's Cut version of the video was later leaked; it included previously unseen scenes from the video. The Bar where it was shot is called The Inn, in Long Beach, New York.

tumblr_m3oc26efCp1r2ta0xo1_500.gif

Britney_Spears_I_Love_Rock_N_Roll_By_a_Z

A scene from Britney's "I Love Rock & Roll" video showing her crawling and licking oil from the floor can be found online but was not included in the video or the "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" DVD bonus scenes.

BritneySpearsILoveRockAndRoll.gif

She has the name Ben and a contact number written on her hand. This was also during the time of the rumours of an affair with Ben Affleck – and apparently one of the many reasons created by press for the Justney split. This was also the rumour as to why JLO broke off her marriage.. ahh good old press rumours.. Britney has many times in the past mentioned her crush as Ben Affleck. Britney fans however retaliated by pointing out that it was in fact a Crossroads reference and nothing to do with Ben…

I-Love-Rock-n-Roll-britney-spears-434710

• Like 2

The number on her hand is used from a song and an advert in America – however the 6 and the 7 were switched for obvious reasons. The Ad says Can I get your number? I wanna give you mine – eight six seven five three oh nine.. Here is the song:

http://youtu.be/ON56AKnqbog

The My Prerogative single cover uses a shot from the ILRAR music video.

1270369157_010.jpg

The UK version of the single – came with Poster cards:

IMG_0132_.jpg

IMG_0132__.jpg

IMG_0133_.jpg

IMG_0133__.jpg

Video Icon: The motorbike

tumblr_lvcfbw9Eam1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Album: 

britney.jpg

Single cover:

ilrnr.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/Y2wxza0UXKI

Video: 

http://youtu.be/ITuOddPeYoc

• Like 1

Haven't found that one. You seem to be good at digging up Video facts. I am pretty good at finding rare footage of Britney. I have checked old Articles about her as well. I figured everyone knows about the Video. Not detailed like you, which I love by the way. I look for hard to find facts about Britney's persona. Press conferences, interviews or just raw footage.

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/FfOFjF-7BaA%24

Boys ( Co-ed Remix )

The Neptunes remixed this with a Hip-Hop beat for the movie Austin Powers In Goldmember. This version is known as the Co-ed remix, and features vocals by Pharrell Williams, who is one of The Neptunes. The other member of The Neptunes is Chad Hugo. Together, they record as N.E.R.D.

giphy.gif

Mike Myers appeared in the video as Austin Powers. Britney was in the movie, but wasn't the star - that would be Beyoncé, who soon took over for Spears as spokeswoman for Pepsi. In the movie, Britney gets blown up.

tumblr_ln601777wj1ql87gzo1_500.gif

britney-boys-o.gif

Other than the obvious - The video features actors DJ Qualls, Jason Priestly and Taye Diggs.

tumblr_lvbl1l0mzh1r3ty02o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mr2z6o5YXy1qz4rgp.gif

UK edition of Britney's 2002 single from the soundtrack of "Austin Powers In Goldmember". "Boys (Co-Ed Remix feat. Pharrell Williams)" has been released as the 4th single in the UK, while "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" was released as the 4th single in Europe, Australia & Asia. CD also includes the album version of the song, which was not commercially released.

boys_079.jpg

tumblr_lrwpzchTLf1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The music video for "Boys" was directed by Dave Meyers. In the video, a man DJ Qualls, tries to get into a castle which is hosting a party being attended by Spears. When the security guards refuse to grant him access, he begins to scream for Spears. As the music starts, Spears, readying herself for the party in one of the castle's towers, is dancing with a group of women. The scene shifts to a castle courtyard, where Spears and a man are sit at opposite ends of a long table. Following this, Spears walks around a pool, in which she sees a man (Justin Bruening) swimming. As they begin to interact with each other, Pharrell is at the bar with a woman. Spears walks over to him and they begin to talk. Following this, Spears dances with a group of people, including Mike Myers as Austin Powers. Actors Jason PriestleyJustin Bruening and Taye Diggs also make cameo appearances in the video. Its choreography was favorably likened to Janet Jackson. The video was nominated for at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards for Best Video from a Film, but lost to Eminem's "Lose Yourself."

Anticipating:

French edition of Britney's 4th single in France from her self-titled 3rd album. "Anticiapting" has been released only in France, while "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" was released as the 4th single in the rest of Europe (excluding UK) Australia & Asia, and "Boys (Co-Ed Remix)" was released as the 4th single in the USA & UK.

tumblr_m7irz3DA7U1rs9sdjo1_500.gif

antici3.gif

BritneyAnticipating.gif

The song was performed at the Dream Within a Dream Tour. The performance began with a video interlude of Spears talking to her dancers. She then appeared onstage, wearing a patched denim skirt. The set was made of giant coloring book drawings of houses and cars.After the second chorus, she invited the audience to sing along with her. At the end of the song, she briefly talked to the audience before taking off the skirt and top to perform "I'm a Slave 4 U".Shaheem Reid of MTV noted that during the opening night of the tour in Columbus, Ohio, "Britney must've forgotten that the disco-era throwback cut was brand spanking new, because she kept encouraging everyone to sing along to the chorus [...] Although the crowd clapped and bobbed to the beat, Britney had to go this one alone vocally".The music video, directed by Marty Callner, consisted of footage of the tour performance from Live from Las Vegas. Several effects were added, including a glittering ball and the name of the song appearing on the screen.The song was also promoted in a commercial Spears filmed for Toyota Vios.

britney_toyota_vios-3.gif

http://youtu.be/QLAg2Nz7ays

Video Icon: Toy Car

Anticipating-Live-From-Las-Vegas-britney

Anticipating-Live-From-Las-Vegas-britney

Album:

britney.jpg

Single Cover: 

BritneyAnticipating.jpg

Video:

http://youtu.be/gEDCwVWT6T4

• Like 2

:clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

These are incredible. I'm totally sitting here reading as the posts pop up. I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work u put into this. And to think u doubted ppl would like it ;) This is gonna be a hot thread for DAYS!

Some of my fave discoveries so far:

The face lick in Slave. I was like ooo what a punk. I thought that hotness was scripted

That overprotected darkchild remix came AFTER the other. :gloria: I thought it was the original and didn't even know about the second till the My Prerogative DVD

That Taye Diggs is in Boys? I need to watch that vid again cuz I neva lol

I also like seeing how extremely influential Janet's been and how much say Britney had in the concepts of her vids :goofney:  Never knew

And OMG...if BOMT would've been like power rangers... :lmfaoo:

Looking forward to more!! :crazysmile:

The later albums are going to be soo epic! :excited:

That’s where you take me:

Philippine edition of Britney's 7th song that was released as a single from her self-titled 3rd album. "That's Where You Take Me" was released only in the Philippines and was even accompanied by a music video which was basically a montage of shoots from Britney's "Dream Within A Dream" tour. The physical single was produced exclusively by the official Philippine fan-club in a very limited amount of copies. CD includes the song "When I Found You", which was included as a bonus track only in a few versions of the album, and comes together with a bonus poster.

KnwQHYw.gif

Video Icon The Britney Scooter

Album:

britney.jpg

Single Cover:

That%2527s%2BWhere%2BYou%2BTake%2BMe_000

Video: 

http://youtu.be/LAc_jG405qg

• Like 2

:clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

These are incredible. I'm totally sitting here reading as the posts pop up. I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work u put into this. And to think u doubted ppl would like it ;) This is gonna be a hot thread for DAYS!

Some of my fave discoveries so far:

The face lick in Slave. I was like ooo what a punk. I thought that hotness was scripted

That overprotected darkchild remix came AFTER the other. :gloria: I thought it was the original and didn't even know about the second till the My Prerogative DVD

That Taye Diggs is in Boys? I need to watch that vid again cuz I neva lol

I also like seeing how extremely influential Janet's been and how much say Britney had in the concepts of her vids :goofney:  Never knew

And OMG...if BOMT would've been like power rangers... :lmfaoo:

Looking forward to more!! :crazysmile:

The later albums are going to be soo epic! :excited:

Thank you :excited: So happy you like it - the later albums have some amazing facts.. will try post them all today - may have to carry on tomorrow - so tired right now  :lmaolol:

• Like 1