does anybody else feel like she was putting on a brave face in FTR

that documentary always left me feeling a little scared for her and made me worried. i felt like a lot of what she was putting out there was just her putting on a brave face but in reality, it was a completely different story. i cried so hard during the time i watched it and i do now too every time. it's such a beautiful documentary but life's been so hard for her. i hate that :crying1:

giphy.gif

No, I feel the exact opposite, I feel she was very real, she told it like it is. She cried, crying is not a brave face, so i don't see what you mean, and I think you are trying to talk bad about FTR. Just enjoy it, it's real, it's raw, and oh my god I would hate if she had a breakdown. We all go through ups and downs, and it would be so pathetic to see a rich popstar sitting and sobbing the entire thing. We all have to be brave sometimes, she has kids, they neeed to see her brave. 

What she said isn't a lie, there is good days and bad days.

But I think it was bullshit when she said "you have good performances and bad performances". That is kinda true, but VMA 2007, wasn't just bad, it was wrong on all levels, and she could have adressed it better.

• Like 2

i kno but what was she refering to. was it her conservatorship or what exactly? being in the public eye? 

If you don't feel anything, about paps, conservatorship, relationsship, then you can't get hurt, or upset. So it's better to just ignore all the feelings, and just live with it. Just cope with it, as she says also..

No, I feel the exact opposite, I feel she was very real, she told it like it is. She cried, crying is not a brave face, so i don't see what you mean, and I think you are trying to talk bad about FTR. Just enjoy it, it's real, it's raw, and oh my god I would hate if she had a breakdown. We all go through ups and downs, and it would be so pathetic to see a rich popstar sitting and sobbing the entire thing. We all have to be brave sometimes, she has kids, they neeed to see her brave. 

What she said isn't a lie, there is good days and bad days.

But I think it was bullshit when she said "you have good performances and bad performances". That is kinda true, but VMA 2007, wasn't just bad, it was wrong on all levels, and she could have adressed it better.

talking shit??? what the hell. ftr is one of the greatest things she's ever made. i said it looked like she was really putting on a brave face for the majority of time. like she wasn't rly being herself because she was still very upset about all of the things that have happened in her life recently. 

and i do not think so. 2007 vmas slayed. that performance was legendery. femme fataleny, circusney and 2014ney could never :uhno: 

i kno but what was she refering to. was it her conservatorship or what exactly? being in the public eye? 

I think it's everything. In 2007-2008 the girl literally did not give one single fuck. She flipped paparazzi off, she let her boobs hang out. To us it looked like she was going cray but maybe to her it was all a part of not caring anymore, of feeling so angry and so sad and so suffocated that it all just came to be too much until she literally felt nothing. That's happened to friends of mine who've been clinically depressed. Sometimes I still feel like she just feels nothing, not as extreme as in 2007 but like when we feel like she doesn't give an effort in promo or even how she looks when she goes out, I think it's a part of her not feeling anything as a coping mechanism. 

• Like 3

I think it's everything. In 2007-2008 the girl literally did not give one single fuck. She flipped paparazzi off, she let her boobs hang out. To us it looked like she was going cray but maybe to her it was all a part of not caring anymore, of feeling so angry and so sad and so suffocated that it all just came to be too much until she literally felt nothing. That's happened to friends of mine who've been clinically depressed. Sometimes I still feel like she just feels nothing, not as extreme as in 2007 but like when we feel like she doesn't give an effort in promo or even how she looks when she goes out, I think it's a part of her not feeling anything as a coping mechanism. 

omg exactly perfectly worded. u took the words out of my mouth. i thought it might of meant also the publics negative reaction constantly to all of the things she does that it got her to the point where she felt so hurt and upset she just felt numbness. so sad :crying1:

I always feel emotional watching this masterpiece. One of the best documentary I've ever watched tbh.

yea but it was something they forced her into cuz the public was so thirsty for more britney. it was obvious she didnt want to share with the whole world about her traumatic past experiences. she was just braving in through but in reality, it's not rly a britney she was. like the person we saw on that documentary was whatever her team wanted her to appear. i think if she had a choice and if she had the power to take the documentary in a direction she wanted to, it would of been completely different. i mean dont u feel like she isnt rly being herself there? its kind of obvious 

i also felt like everything was talked about everything in general terms. nothing was actually discussed or brought up. obviously they didnt want to bring up the possible mental illness or anything like that but i felt like our girl britney that we usually were used to- this girl: tumblr_lo07kq57Hc1qa9vqgo1_r2_500.gif wasn't rly there in person. she hid this wonderful side to her away from the public after her meltdown. oh well i guess there will b things we'll never kno :icanttt::crying1:

that documentary always left me feeling a little scared for her and made me worried. i felt like a lot of what she was putting out there was just her putting on a brave face but in reality, it was a completely different story. i cried so hard during the time i watched it and i do now too every time. it's such a beautiful documentary but life's been so hard for her. i hate that :crying1:

giphy.gif

awesome documentary. dont cry sugar. life is a gift and god loves you :)

I feel like she was very honest and candid during that interview. You know, you always can tell when Britney is telling you what she feels and when she is telling what she's told to say, and I think that during FTR she said everything that was in her mind.

I get the same feeling from IABJ, and it makes me so happy to see that she is in a better place now :)

she was more real and honest in for the record than she has ever been in public before and since.

Yeah, that's true, tho sometimes in some of her answers, yes she put on the brave face, but I think it's who she felt she was at the moment. It wasn't an on purpose "put a brave face on" but rather that she felt she was brave and overcoming her own issues and that she needed to show that to the public in her interviews. I don't know if that makes any sense to you guys.

but putting on a brave face is how people take a step towards conquoring their fears

I mean would you just stay sad forever, or just put on a face and try to motivate yourself

My opinion of FTR is that it was mostly honest, I mean about as honest as that type of film can be. It tells alot about her, and she is vulnerable which is brave in and of itself to be that way, when she is already the most swarmed and photographed person in the world. Sure the fans have questions, especially about details, but no matter how many details she gives people are always gonna want another piece of Brit. Her fanbase seems to assume and speculate alot, and I think they often dont even realize when they "believe" something about her.

We live in a day where people actually think reality TV is "real", when hundreds of hours of film are edited into 30 min of a show, and everyone on the show is putting up a macho or other type of "cool" front...

i do feel she was putting on a brave face because she didn't really talk about what was really bothering her and making her depressed the reason that was given for her being depressed was just being stalked by paparazzi. i don't think that was what caused her to be depressed having a court appointed person monitor her with her kids that has to be traumatic especially for a person who works hard at every thing. there are bound to be a long list of hurtful things that happened like the time social services visited her house over her child having a normal kid accident. everyone gave her a hard time there are actually real really bad mother in the world that no ever monitors it just shows what happens if you have money. it takes a big person to forget all that and be happy and smiling to her ex husband ,his wife and all the people who treated her badly.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's true, tho sometimes in some of her answers, yes she put on the brave face, but I think it's who she felt she was at the moment. It wasn't an on purpose "put a brave face on" but rather that she felt she was brave and overcoming her own issues and that she needed to show that to the public in her interviews. I don't know if that makes any sense to you guys.

oh yeah that is what i meant. like its not in a bad way. she kind of put on a persona of herself but maybe a little different just for the heck of it cuz she didnt want sharing everything and all with the public. maybe without realizing it or maybe cuz she was scared but defininitely not in a bad way