All Of Britney's Tours And Information In One Place

2000–01

Oops!... I Did It Again Tour ($52,143,517)

June 20, 2000 – September 20, 2000 (North America)

October 8, 2000 – November 21, 2000 (Europe)

January 18, 2001 (Brazil)

The Oops!... I Did It Again World Tour was Spears' first world tour, reaching North America, Europe and Brazil. The show was more elaborate than her previous tour and included pyrotechnics and other special effects. Reviewers praised the tour, adding that "[the concert] proved that many [of her] criticisms are off-base observations from people who have never actually attended [her] shows".Concert promoters SFX Entertainment guaranteed Spears a minimum of $200,000 per show before the tour began, and many of the shows sold out in one day. The Oops!... I Did It Again World Tour grossed $52,143,517 with 1,452,014 million in attendance and became the second highest-grossing tour of the year by a solo artist.

25335820.jpg

On February 22, 2000, Spears announced a summer tour in support of her second studio album, Oops!... I Did It Again (2000).The tour marked the first time Spears toured Europe. She commented, "I'm going to go to Europe, and just basically go everywhere for six months, [...] I've never toured outside of the U.S. I've never experienced other fans in other places, and performing in front of them is going to be so exciting."Before the tour began, Forbes reported that concert promoter SFX Entertainment guaranteed her a minimum of $200,000 per show. Tour sponsors from the 2000 leg of the ...Baby One More Time TourGot Milk?, and Polaroid, remained.Clairol's Herbal Essences was also added as a sponsor.Spears recorded a song for the latter called "I've Got the Urge to Herbal" to be used on their radio campaign, though she chose to not attend a photoshoot for the product when she decided to support an 86-day strike by the Screen Actors Guild (SAG). She later donated $1 from each ticket sold from herInglewood, California show on July 28, 2000 to the union.

For the European Leg of the Tour, Spears originally was going joint with 'N Sync following their No Strings Attached Tour, as a co-headlining tour.

08_182.jpg

Jamie King was chosen as tour director. Tim Miller and Kevin Antunes served as director of production and musical director, respectively.Mark Foffano was chosen as the lightning director.Spears described the tour as "like a Broadway show".The setlist included material from her first studio album ...Baby One More Time (1999) as well as seven songs from Oops!... I Did It Again. Spears explained, "I've been singing the same material for so long now. It'll be nice to change it up a little bit." She also talked about her expectations for the tour, saying, "I can't wait. I'll have a world tour. I'm going to have more dancers, a bigger stage, more pyro... just a lot bigger". The proscenium stage was much more elaborate than the stage of her previous tour and included video screens, movable platforms and different props.It cost $2.2 million to build. The tone of the show variated from the beginning: for the performance of "Born to Make You Happy", Spears sang in a set resembling a children's bedroom, complete with large toys and a pillow fight routine. On the contrary, she unveiled a more sophisticated image for "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know", and followed it with raunchy performances for "...Baby One More Time" and "Oops!... I Did It Again".

05cff7eb946993a5e6c2d2fd57f7fcf7.jpg

Oops!..I+Did+It+Again+Tour+(5).jpg

The sound equipment was provided by Showco who used the PRISM system, which adapted the show for each venue according to its height, width and the coverage required. The sound was mixed by Front of house engineer Monty Lee Wilkes on a combination of Yamaha PM4000 and PM3000 consoles, an unusual choice for Spears's shows. He used dbx903 compressors for kick and snare drums. The compressors were also used on Spears's microphones, a Shure Beta 58A handheld and a Crown CM-311AE headset-mounted capsule. Spears's vocals were mostly live—pre-recorded vocals ran in parallel on an ADAT machine during the shows, and were used to replace her live microphone when the dance routines became too energetic for good voice control.Spears's band, backline technicians and monitor engineer Raza Sufi were all fitted with in-ear monitors and headset mics, enabling rapid and clear communications around the stage area. Spears did not use them, preferring the ambient sound of a battery of eight Showco SRM wedges spread across the downstage area. These were augmented by Showco SS full-range sidefills and a pair of one-by-18-inch subs on each side of the stage. Sufi also used a dbx 160A to limit Spears's louder moments, while backing vocalists were controlled by a duo of BSS DPR901 dynamic equalizers. Effects were limited to vocal and drum reverbs. Amplification for the wedges and the FOH system were all Crown-based, with a pair of drum stool shakers completing the line-up. All the cables used during the tour were brought from the US, even in Europe, something unusual in audio production.

17_95.jpg

The show began with the video introduction "The Britney Spears Experience", in which three images of Spears welcomed spectators to the show.Then, a giant metal orb was lowered onstage and lifted again to reveal Spears standing behind it, wearing glittery jeans and an orange halter top.Spears started with two dance-oriented performances of "(You Drive Me) Crazy" and "Stronger". This was followed by "What U See (Is What U Get)" in which she danced in a stripper pole.The act ended with Spears talking to the audience and sitting on a stool to perform "From The Bottom of My Broken Heart" with her guitarist Skip. After she left the stage, there was a video interlude hosted by *NSYNC in which contestants did different games in order to meet Spears. She appeared onstage to meet the chosen fan and then welcomed the audience into her bedroom. Wearing pajamas and slippers, she performed "Born to Make You Happy", which included a dance segment near the end. The next performance of "Lucky" featured a navy theme. She continued with "Sometimes", in which she wore an outfit similar to the one she wore in the music video of the song. At the end, she climbed the staircase and briefly spoke to the audience before moving into a performance of "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know", for which she wore a long white dress trimmed with boa feathers.

Oops!...+I+Did+It+Again+Tour.jpg

normal_OopsTour-Taken-at-Polaris-Amphith

• Like 1

A band interlude showcasing a mix of funk and progressive rock followed, and Spears reappeared to perform her cover of Sonny & Cher's "The Beat Goes On." During the performance, she was lifted into the air wearing a kimono that covered most of the stage. She continued with "Don't Go Knockin' On My Door" and her cover of The Rolling Stones's "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", which ended with a dance sequence set to the original version. Later there was a dance interlude in which the dancers showed their individual moves while their names appeared on the screens. Spears took the stage again in a conservative schoolgirl outfit to perform "...Baby One More Time." She ripped it off halfway through the song to reveal a cheerleader ensemble. Spears then thanked the audience and left the stage. She returned shortly after to perform "Oops!... I Did It Again", that includedpyrotechnics and other special effects.She ended the performance disappearing through a tunnel of fire.

tumblr_modh9emZWa1r3lqioo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lwvvl5CvFD1qki338o1_500.png

29d30930a39073f9b1413d3ae7798bc2.jpg

5c855557f8b706eec608907d705aab6d.jpg

eb31d3b4a25fab2d2721cd64b1c3bec7.jpg

The show received generally positive reviews from critics. Andrew Miller of The Pitch stated "[the concert] at Sandstone proved that many [of Spears's] criticisms are off-base observations from people who have never actually attended one of these stars' shows. The music came from a talented band, not a DAT, and the bass lines to such songs as "... Baby One More Time" and "The Beat Goes On" rose to a funky growl in the live setting. For another, Spears' vocals were the real thing, as she sang in an alluringly low tone [...] but capably hit the high notes [...], however, she left the upper-octave duties to her background singers [...] during Spears' most strenuous dance routines".Richard Leiby of The Washington Post believed that the show "[was] great".Dan Aquilante of the New York Post said that Spears "seemed to be enjoying the show as much as her fans. Maybe it was the Mariah-like cowboy hat pushed back on her noggin or possibly the stripper's pole borrowed from Madonna's prop closet, [...] Spears was in her element and having a ball".Letta Tayler of Newsday said "For half the show, she remained the old Britney, the budding teen who dreamed of romance. But the rest of the time, she was a full-throttle tease, with sprayed- on clothes, a hard-edged attitude and a harder edge to her techno and hip-hop- coated pop to match".

tumblr_mw31xy3IJn1soq1glo2_250.gif

tumblr_mzb7ssXKwk1toi88co1_500.gif

tumblr_m9acdathNa1rbltbto2_250.gif

tumblr_m90ooyoGVC1qmuoyho1_500.gif

tumblr_mt5mnzUF3e1r3lqioo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Jon Pareles of The New York Times stated "What you get from this 18-year-old singer is a big smile, a little voice, gushes of sincerity, hardworking dance routines, shameless advertising and a determination to play both sides of pubescence for all they're worth".Jim Farber of Daily News commented that "Despite such spicy bits, the core of Britney's concert suffered from the familiarity and cheesiness of all teen road shows these days. The sparklers, explosions and mandatory flying dancers conformed to the corniness of theme park entertainment".The ticket prices were set at $32 in North America. The reported dates averaged $507,786 in grosses and 15,841 in attendance. Susanne Ault of Billboardalso reported that many of the shows sold out in one day.The tour had a total gross of $40.5 million. It became the tenth highest-grossing tour of the year in North America, as well as the second highest grossing tour by a solo artist, only behind Tina Turner's Twenty Four Seven Tour. Roger Moore of The Orlando Sentinel analyzed Spears to emulate "a lot of Janet Jackson's old concert act and cleaned it up for a younger audience," also noting choreography resembling "Rhythm Nation" precision."

britney-spears-oops-i-did-it-again-world

On November 30, 2000, the September 20 concert at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans aired on Fox. The special was titled There's No Place Like Home.The show atLondon Arena was filmed and broadcast by Sky1.The show at Rock In Rio was broadcast on DirecTV.

Videos:

Full Tour:

http://youtu.be/EC4bARLs71A

BackStage:

http://youtu.be/9spxMVO4dKo

Rare Footage:

http://youtu.be/PY1IGz4PZuU

Setlist

1.      "The Britney Spears Experience" (Video Introduction)

2.      "(You Drive Me) Crazy"

3.      "Stronger"

4.      "What U See (Is What U Get)"

5.      "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart"

6.      "What Would You Do to Meet Britney?" (Video Interlude)

7.      "Born to Make You Happy"

8.      "Lucky"

9.      "Sometimes"

10.  "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know"

11.  "Meet the Band" (Performance Interlude)

12.  "The Beat Goes On"

13.  "Don't Go Knockin' on My Door"

14.  "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"

15.  "Meet the Dancers" (Dance Interlude)

16.  "...Baby One More Time"

17.  "The Britney Spears Experience II" (Video Interlude)

18.  "Oops!... I Did It Again"

• Like 1

2001–02

Dream Within a Dream Tour ($58,248,253)

November 1, 2001 – December 21, 2001 (North America)

April 25, 2002 (Japan)

May 24, 2002 – July 28, 2002 (North America)

The Dream Within a Dream Tour was the third concert tour by Spears, in support of her third studio album, BritneyConcert West was chosen as a promoter after a much publicized battle with Clear Channel Entertainment. A portion of the tickets and merchandise was donated to the children affected by the September 11 attacks. The name of the tour was based on Edgar Allan Poe's poem of the same name., and the theme was Spears's coming of age and newfound independence. The performances were accompanied by many extravagant special effects – during the encore, there was a water screen that pumped two tons of water into the stage. Although critics argued that the innovations took attention away from the music, the tour was a commercial success, grossing $58,248,253 with 1,018,925 million in attendance.

tumblr_mjaexwHr1x1qdcxoeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mam8bbUnxT1r38beqo4_500.png

The Dream Within a Dream Tour was the fourth concert tour by American recording artist Britney Spears. It was launched in support of her third studio album, Britney (2001). The tour was promoted by Concerts West, marking the first time Spears did not tour with Clear Channel Entertainment. On September 21, 2001, a North American tour was announced that kicked off exactly two months later after various dates were postponed. In February 2002, Spears announced a second leg of the tour. It was directed and choreographed byWade Robson, who explained the main theme of the show was Spears's coming of age and newfound independence. The stage was designed by Steve Cohen and Rob Brenner and was composed of a main stage and a B-stage, united by a runway. Inspired byCleopatra's barge, a flying device was developed so Spears could travel over the audience to the B-stage. The setlist was mostly composed by songs from the supporting album, as Spears felt they were more reflective of her personality. Songs from her previous two studio albums were also included in remixed form by Robson.

tumblr_n2a41rjxkF1sm3z2xo1_500.gif

tumblr_mdr595yMOe1r3ty02o1_500.gif

tumblr_m79iixS0Wu1r3ty02o1_500.gif

tumblr_n235vnXc5A1tusf8fo1_500.jpg

The show was divided into seven segments with the last one being the encore. Spears opened the show hanging from a gyrating wheel; it continued with Spears performing a medley of older hits, jumping in bungee cords from the flying device onto the stage and dancing in a jungle setting. Most of the performances were accompanied by extravagant special effects, including confetti, pyrotechnics, laser lights, and artificial fog and snow. In the encore, there was a water screen that pumped two tons of water into the stage; this was considered one of the signature performances of the tour. During the 2002 leg, some changes were made; several songs were remixed, and Spears premiered various unreleased songs which included "Mystic Man". The show received mixed reviews by critics, who praised the show for being innovative but dismissed it for taking the attention away from the music.

tumblr_mplcdvMSh81rewsz2o1_400.gif

tumblr_lz1ctuLkfO1qfjgd7o1_500.png

tumblr_ly0vxsCfmu1qill4bo1_500.jpg

The Dream Within a Dream Tour was largely sold out and grossed $43.7 million. During the second show in Mexico, Spears left the stage after the sixth song due to a lightning storm; the show was canceled and angered the audience. The tour was broadcast live on an HBO special on November 18, 2001, and went on to win an Emmy for Outstanding Technical Direction on the 2002 ceremony. A DVD titled Live from Las Vegas was released in January 2002.

tumblr_mvaedjW6gM1r5zj1yo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

tumblr_mthcnczdTl1qikawjo6_250.gif

On July 19, 2001, Spears's band announced there would be a tour to support her third studio album, Britney (2001). The following day, Spears's label Jive Records confirmed that there was a tour planned for the fall.The Dream Within a Dream Tour was promoted by Concerts West, chosen after a much publicized battle with concert promoter Clear Channel Entertainment (CCE), who had handled her previous concert tours. It marked the first time Concerts West outbid CCE, with reports claiming Spears would earn between $13 and $15 million during the tour. Spears's manager Larry Rudolph commented on the situation, saying,

"Clear Channel is an incredible company, and I'm sure we'll be doing more business with them. We went with Concerts West because they're a strong touring company and because they have ancillary properties, in that [parent AEG owns] arenas and some 7,000 movie theaters throughout the country. This decision was not made to exclude Clear Channel. It was made to include Concerts West. [AEG] has the ability to help us market our core products—the album and tour—and our secondary properties—the movie— in ways that tipped the scale for us."

On September 20, 2001, dates were released along with the tracklisting of the album. The tour was slated to begin on October 26, 2001, but the opening of the show was pushed back until October 31 after Spears became ill and was prescribed five days of rest.The tour was postponed one more day due to production delays and finally kicked off atNationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.Before the tour began, Spears announced she planned to give $1 of each ticket to the children of firefighters and police officers killed during the September 11 attacks. She also planned to sell merchandise and auction front row seats, hoping to raise $2 million. On February 26, 2002, more North American dates were released through her official website to kick off in Las VegasNevada at Mandalay Bay.The second leg of the tour was sponsored by Samsung. In conjunction with entertainment company WFX, they offered a cell-phone service that featured collectible merchandise and a membership card with access to backstage reports directly from Spears. She stated that "[the offering] is an exciting new way for me to stay connected with my fans".

tumblr_lmaqy1ImE61qg5qhgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mdfspsvBeU1qf3oyso1_250.gif

tumblr_n237h5brLc1tusf8fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2qhlcn7H21qfjgd7o1_500.jpg

The name of the tour was based on Edgar Allan Poe's poem of the same name.The tour was directed and choreographed by Australian choreographer Wade Robson. He explained the concept of the tour, saying,

"The show is gonna be really, really theatrical—it's really complicated. It's a massive show with a lot of new music. It's just gonna be really different. [...] You're gonna learn a lot more about her as a person. The show is gonna be really about how she's becoming a woman, how she's finding herself and her independence. She knows what she wants to do, she knows who she wants to be, and that's what the show's about."

tumblr_m13skh7vWw1r6tqt6o1_500.gif

tumblr_n7fnmiRKq31tusf8fo1_500.jpg

The stage was designed by production designer Steven Cohen and production manager Rob Brenner for the HBO special. Cohen designed the main stage with an oval shape so that Spears could perform around the stage and so that it would look good from multiple camera angles. He said that the rest of the stage was created with three main components in mind: a runway, a B-stage, and a flying device over the crowd. The last was developed, as explained by Cohen, "around this Cleopatra's barge concept I got into my head while designing when the movie Cleopatra was playing in the background. It needed to be elegant and stylized but also high tech, because it was going to have to be traveling on conventional motors and transport mechanisms. Plus, it had to have a big enough performance area for her and the dancers." Brenner continued, "I wanted to try to give the kid in the back of the house the same experience as the one in the first 10 rows." The runway uniting the main stage and the B-stage was suggested by one of Spears's managers, Johnny Wright. The entire stage was built by Michael Tait from Tait Towers. Cohen said, "We took a more expanded role in preparing the drawings for Michael. We wanted to retain the essence of the look of the show, both in its overall footprint and in the execution of these various pieces. [...] [He] did a great job on executing the fine details like the hand railings and the floor lights and the MR-16 covers. When you're doing something for TV, all of those pieces are foreground pieces. The mirrors on the platforms and the floor painting made the show look better on TV."

"We had no idea the potential of the water screen, until we set it up inLakeland, FL [the site of the tour's rehearsals], six or seven months after we decided to put it in. There had been a lot of design and technical engineering put into it before they got back to us and said they could do it. It's actually a two-part system [...] The water screen, which is up in the air, has pumps that feed the water screen that drops down. But we needed to be able to catch the water and pump it to the other set of pumps. So that was a unique challenge for us because it had never been done before. It took us about two months to see if we could get it to work. As much experience as Steve and I both have, this was an unknown entity and we weren't quite sure what we would have to deal with. [...] [it is] one of the signature items on this tour. The first time they turned it on, Steve and I looked at each other and smiled because in our wildest dreams we never imagined it would look as good as it does. When we turn on the water, there is a hush that goes through the arena. You can almost hear them whispering to each other, ‘Is that water?’ They've seen so much to this point, and a lot of the kids at these shows are at their first concert, so thepyro, the lasers, the flying barge, and the bungee—all of these effects are new to them. It's all something they've never seen before, and just when you think it can't be outdone, we turn on the water screen".

Rob Brenner, explaining the development of the water screen

The video screens showed both live shoots and special footage directed by Robson. Cohen worked by Danny O'Brien at BCC Video to create double-sided custom video LED cubes that hanged above stage right. There were three larger-sized video screens above the stage area. The gyrating wheel in which Spears opened the show was made by Branam Enterprises and was attached to a platform also created by Tait Towers. 171 white light yag lasers were provided by Spectra. The giant music box from which Spears emerged in "Born to Make You Happy" (1999) was designed by Michael Cotton. Confetti was shot from machines provided by Pyrotek. Pyrotechnics were done by Gerb Fountains, whereas artificial snow was provided by Little Blizzard. During the encore performance of "...Baby One More Time" (1998), there was a water screen in which it was poured nearly two tons of water pumped at 360 gallons a minute. Cohen said, "The water screen is the keystone of the entire design because it impacts every system—electrics, staging, dancing. Rob discovered the company (Chameleon Productions of Orlando, FL) that makes the screen, and I immediately looked at what they had in stock, which was a straight line. And I knew we didn't want a straight line. We wanted a circular water screen so we could physically build a shower for her to stand in the middle of and not get wet and then walk through when she wanted to. Of course, everyone thought I was crazy, so I suggested a six-sided shape. Everyone was concerned that the gaps between the sections might cause gaps in the actual sheets of water. But I kept saying that if you put them 40' to 50' up in the air, gravity will cause the water to attach to itself, so you end up getting a solid sheet."

The lighting was designed by Cohen and his partner in Steve Cohen Productions, Joel Young, who served as the tour's lighting director. Cohen continued saying, "All of our shows [are] heavily color-based—everything is rich in color. There is a lot of layering that is not confusing so the purity comes through". Young programmed the show on a Flying Pig Systems Wholehog II console, which he ran while simultaneously calling the 13 followspots for each show. There were eight truss spots and five house spots: four Lycian 2.5 kW instruments on the back, four Robert Juliats on the front truss, four FOH spots and one in the back." Steve Cohen Productions also served as the tour's lighting vendor and sublet the gear they required from Westsun and Fourth Phase/LSD. Syncrolite provided its own 3k lights. Apart from the Syncrolites, the rest of the lighting was a combination of Coemar and High End Systems automated fixtures and conventional luminaries. There were a total of 215 active lights.

large.gif

• Like 1

tumblr_n2a41rjxkF1sm3z2xo1_500.gif

A week before the tour began, Spears said of the show: "I come from Broadway, so I want it to be very theatrical. The whole process for me is magical. Hopefully it will be something people have never even imagined or envisioned in their head. I was going through a run-through yesterday and was thinking, 'By the time I'm 30, there's not going to be anything left for me to do'". Initial rehearsals for the band started on September 9, 2001. She joined them later after rehearsing the choreography in Los Angeles, California.The setlist was composed mostly by songs from Britney. She explained her decision in a press conference, saying, "I just want my fans to see me in a different light than they have ever seen me [in] before. This music I am singing right now is such a reflection of me and who I am. Hopefully [the fans] will come to the show and be inspired and have a lot of fun." Several songs from her previous albums ...Baby One More Time and Oops!... I Did It Again were remixed by Robson to "take [them] in a new direction â€“ flip [them] up a bit".

The show began with a woman dressed in an 18th-century white nightgown who talked to the audience briefly before disappearing. There was a video introduction in which different people told their dreams. At the end of the video, Spears appeared sleeping in a bubble.A platform with a wheel attached rose several feet above the ground, and she appeared strapped to it while wearing a black ensemble. She started rotating in a similar way to a target girl while starting to perform the 2000 MTV VMA rock version of "Oops!...I Did It Again" with her dancers. "(You Drive Me) Crazy" was performed next with Spears captured by her dancers. She left the stage for a costume change while her dancers performed. "Overprotected" was performed next with Spears surrounded by laser lights. The video backdrop showed images of a bald Spears, with her hair growing as the song went along. In the next section, a giant musical box was raised, and Spears emerged from the middle as a ballerina to perform "Born To Make You Happy". She tore off her tutu and put on a long white satin cote to perform "Lucky" while confetti was shot. The medley ended with a performance of "Sometimes" for which she donned a bathrobe.

britney-spears_las-vegas-01.jpg

normal_30.jpg

3751e14ea945913bb7967690ef3cec15.jpg

She returned to the stage wearing a tank top with suspenders and pants for a dance-oriented performance of "Boys". The show continued with "Stronger", in which she wore a paint-covered robe and in some shows a bowler hat. At the end of the performance, she sat down next to a piano player and talked to the audience before moving into a performance of "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman".A video interlude spoofing Making the Band-type shows followed, showing Spears and her dancers as a struggling band.She took the stage again in a barge along with four female dancers to perform "I Love Rock 'n' Roll". The barge was lifted by wires, but pyrotechnics below it made it seem as if it was lifted by fire. When it was above the B-stage, Spears jumped to it with bungee cords.There was a skit in which her dancers chased her before she went into a performance of "What It's Like To Be Me" in the small stage. She returned to the main stage for a performance of "Lonely", in which she danced to a video projection of herself. The dancers and the band performed the "Breakdown" interlude. In "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know", she sang on an elevated platform wearing an evening gown, while two of her dancers performed a routine. Artificial snow fell from the ceiling during the performance.

After a brief interlude, she returned for a performance of "Anticipating" where she wore a patched denim skirt. The set was made of giant coloring book drawings of houses and cars. She took out the costume to sing "I'm a Slave 4 U" in a jungle setting while surrounded by artificial fog and laser lights. After the song ended, she bowed and thanked the audience before exiting the stage. The encore began with a giant projection of a hologram of Spears onto a water screen. The projection gradually shrunk until Spears rose from the stage while wearing a plastic cowboy hat, blue hip-huggers, and a matching bra top. She began performing "...Baby One More Time" in a ballad version until reaching the end of the runway. Pyrotechnics surrounded the stage while the song changed to a more uptempo version with elements of techno. Her dancers took the main stage while she returned to it running through the runway. They jumped on the barge while it was lifted into the air and continued to dance. At the end, Spears jumped off the barge with the bungee cords and landed in the main stage and descended from it.

tumblr_lujndkgBXY1qdcxoeo1_500.png

tumblr_m7sgd2tIc01qd3uj6.jpg

• Like 1

After the announcement of the 2002 extension of the tour, some changes were made to the setlist. The original mix of "Overprotected" was replaced by the Darkchild remix of the song. "Boys" was replaced by the remix featuring Pharrell while Spears replaced the outfit with suspenders for a black leather top. A new song called "Mystic Man" was added after "Stronger". It was described by Corey Moss of MTV as "similar to ["I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman"], but with a bit more traditional R&B flair, a la Alicia Keys". The song was often replaced with other new songs throughout the tour. Some other changes were also made; the video screens did not have such a prominent role, and the backdrops of "Overprotected" were taken out.

orig-21192676.jpg maxresdefault.jpg
  • Like 1

"It was originally supposed to be one effect on the Britney Spears tour. From what people have told us, it is the premier effect, the signature effect. I've read reviews that compared it to the candelabra in Phantom or the helicopter in Miss Saigon. We're very happy to think that it is being compared to things that have been known through the years as stellar effects. We're hoping that Broadway and theatre will take a look at it and will see the validity and allow us to show them some of the things it's capable of."

— John Markham, president of Chameleon Productions, talking about the water screen in August 2002.

Larry Nager of The National Enquirer commented that "[the concert] packed more technical wizardry than Harry Potter, but almost no actual singing". He summarized his review saying "If it wasn't quite a real concert, it was a great show."Ann Powers of The New York Times said the show was "dazzling" and commented that the performance did not suffer from music being its least important element, adding "This dream extravaganza perhaps unwittingly suggested that the Britney we know is herself a dream, an artist whose genius is not for singing [...] but for teasing out the cravings and fears that haunt the modern world. Ms. Spears now wants to awaken to an adult persona, but she may find that the netherworld of desire is her natural home."Jim Farber of the Daily News compared it to tours of other teenage artists, saying "her latest 90-minute extravaganza had to be the costliest, most elaborate and, to be honest, least tacky to date". He was also impressed with the stage, calling it "the largest proscenium I've ever seen at a pop show."Camille Lamb of The Daily Collegian named the show "an elaborate, highly homogenized display of capitalism at its finest". She also said the show fulfilled its expectations, saying "[it brought] a teenage fantasy to a tangible reality."

Neva Chonin of the San Francisco Chronicle believed the show "was pure Britney excess, [...] hugely entertaining" and added that "while it's all too easy to deride Spears' contrivances from a distance, in person there's no denying her charisma or her archetypal appeal. She's like a refugee from David Lynch's Mulholland Drive, a gleaming dream cipher waiting to be filled with an audience's fantasies. And she works that role with flawless professionalism, punctuating her choreographed moves with an amiable accessibility that drew fans into her airtight world even as it kept them at a safe distance. In short, she connected—through smiles, giggles and what seemed to be genuine pleasure in performing."While reviewing the Femme Fatale Tour in 2011, Jim Harrington of the Oakland Tribune deemed the show as "one of the best pop music productions I’ve ever witnessed."The tour was a commercial success. According to Spears's booking agent David Zedeck, the 2001 leg was largely sold out, with the concerts attended by over 400,000 people. It grossed $43.7 million, the second highest grossing tour of the year by a female artist behind Cher's Farewell Tour.

Dream_Within_a_Dream_Turas.jpg tumblr_lyd45oQ0Rg1qh4x1xo3_r2_1280.jpg

On July 28, 2002, during the second concert at Foro Sol in Mexico City, Spears left the stage after the performance of "Stronger" while saying, "I'm sorry, Mexico. I love you, bye." Shortly after, an announcement was made through the speakers confirming the show was cancelled. According to local newspapers Milenio and El Universal, fans screamed "Fraud!", booed and hurled chairs and other items. Two days later, a statement was released by Spears that said: "I'm sorry I couldn't finish the show for my fans. The Mexican fans are one of the best audiences to play for. We decided that we had no choice but to cancel the show after the storm and lightning showed no signs of clearing up." Concert promoter Ocesa Presenta director Guillermo Parra explained to El Universal that "there was no trick nor deceit, but climatic conditions cannot be controlled". It was announced that fans could receive a full refund starting on August 1, 2002.Jive Records released a statement saying,

"A hazardous lightning storm made it essential for Spears to depart the stage. Spears began the show during a break between two rainstorms, but the degree of risk to the audience and stage crew associated with the second storm, an electrical storm, made it impossible for the show to continue.’’

britney-spears-live-from-las-vegas-dvd-5orig-21192677.jpg

On March 1, 2001, HBO announced that a Las Vegas show at MGM Grand Arena would be broadcast on November 18, 2001. The special was directed and produced by Marty Callner. Spears requested that HBO aired the concert to the American Forces Network (AFN) on its AFN-Atlantic and AFN-Pacific channels at no cost. She also interacted with soldiers based at Marine Corps Base Camp PendletonNaval Base San DiegoFort Polk, and Lackland Air Force Base.The special won an Emmy for Outstanding Technical Direction on the 2002 ceremony. In January 2002, Jive Records released the DVD Live from Las Vegas; it was certified two-times platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipment of 200,000 copies in units.On September 18, 2002, Jive Records announced the release of a photographic book and DVD titled Stages andStages: Three Days in Mexico. The DVD was directed by Albert Maysles and chronicled her stay in Mexico and Japan. Spears explained the release, saying, "I wanted to share with my fans all the things that they never get to see that make it all so special for me. It's my way of saying thank you."

Videos:

Full concert:

http://youtu.be/wn3ha7z5qO0

Better quality:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v14263930c9TYeQrp?h1=Britney+Spears+-+Dream+within+a+dream+tour%3A+Live+from+Las+Vegas+(Full+concert)

• Like 1

Did you know? Britney was due to duet with Cher live for the Vegas gigs – but this did not happen due to Cher’s busy schedule..

Did you know? A lot of outfits – including the Vegas outfits were stolen and they needed to be cut from the show?

Setlist

1.      "Dream Within a Dream" (Video Introduction)

2.      "Oops!... I Did It Again"

3.      "(You Drive Me) Crazy"

4.      "It Was All In Your Mind" (Dance Interlude)

5.      "Overprotected"

6.      "Storytime" (Video Interlude) (contains elements from "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" and "Born to Make You Happy")

7.      "Born to Make You Happy" / "Lucky" / "Sometimes"

8.      "Storytime" (Reprise) (Video Interlude)

9.      "Boys"

10.  "Stronger"

11.  "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman"

12.  "Making The Band" (Video Interlude) (contains excerpts from "Who Let The Dogs Out?", "Music" and "I Love Rock and Roll")

13.  "I Love Rock and Roll"

14.  "What It's Like To Be Me"

15.  "Lonely"

16.  "Breakdown" (Performance Interlude)

17.  "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know"

18.  "Crayola World" (Video Interlude)

19.  "Anticipating"

20.  "I'm a Slave 4 U"

21.  "...Baby One More Time"

22.  "It Was Just a Dream" (Video Outro)

1.      "Dream Within a Dream" (Video Introduction)

2.      "Oops!... I Did It Again"

3.      "(You Drive Me) Crazy"

4.      "It Was All In Your Mind" (Dance Interlude)

5.      "Overprotected" (Darkchild Remix)

6.      "Storytime" (Video Interlude) (contains elements from "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" and "Born to Make You Happy")

7.      "Born to Make You Happy" / "Lucky" / "Sometimes"

8.      "Storytime" (Reprise) (Video Interlude)

9.      "Boys" (The Co-Ed Remix)

10.  "Stronger"

11.  "Mystic Man" (contains excerpts from "Gone")

12.  "Weakness" 1

13.  "You Were My Home" 1

14.  "My Love Was Always There" 1

15.  "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman"

16.  "Making The Band" (Video Interlude) (contains excerpts from "Who Let The Dogs Out?", "Music" and "I Love Rock and Roll")

17.  "I Love Rock and Roll"

18.  "What It's Like To Be Me"

19.  "Lonely"

20.  "Breakdown" (Performance Interlude)

21.  "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know"

22.  "Crayola World" (Video Interlude)

23.  "Anticipating"

24.  "I'm a Slave 4 U"

25.  "...Baby One More Time"

26.  "It Was Just a Dream" (Video Outro)

1Substitute for "Mystic Man" at select dates. These songs were not performed at every show.

• Like 1

The Onyx Hotel Tour ($35,269,850)

March 2, 2004 – April 14, 2004 (North America)

April 26, 2004 – June 6, 2004 (Europe)

The Onyx Hotel Tour was the fourth concert tour by Spears, in support of her fourth studio album, In the Zone. The show was majorly inspired by Broadway musicals and films byJoel Schumacher and Tim Burton. Critics appreciated the tour as a "theatrical extravaganza", comparing it to Madonna shows such as The Girlie Show World Tour. The tour was marketed to a more mature audience than her previous shows, resulting in slower ticket sales. Tour merchandise sold $30 million in total, making Spears the highest grossing female artist. It was cancelled after the second leg when Spears hurt her knee during a music video shoot. The Onyx Hotel Tour grossed $35,269,850 .

The Onyx Hotel Tour was the fifth concert tour by American recording artist Britney Spears. It showcased her fourth studio album, In the Zone (2003) and visited North America and Europe. A tour to promote the album was announced in December 2003. Its original name was the In the Zone Tour, but Spears was sued for trademark infringement and banned from using the name. Spears felt inspired to create a show with a hotel theme which she later mixed with the concept of an onyx stone. The stage, inspired by Broadway musicals, was less elaborate than her previous tours. The setlist was composed mostly by songs from In the Zone as well as some of her past songs reworked with different elements of jazz, blues and Latin percussion. Tour promoter Clear Channel Entertainmentmarketed the tour to a more adult audience than her previous shows while sponsor MTV highly promoted the tour on TV shows and the network's website.

Britney+Spears+Britney+Spears+Gets+Engag

tumblr_ly0sq1d0MQ1r3ty02o1_r10_500.gif

tumblr_mc261curSG1qihp55o1_250.gif

The tour was divided into seven segments: Check-InMystic LoungeMystic GardenThe Onyx ZoneSecurity CamerasClub and the encore. Check-In displayed performances with dance and advanced in the hotel theme. Mystic Lounge featured an homage to Cabaretand other musicals, while remixing some of Spears's early hits. Mystic Garden displayed a jungle-inspired stage. The Onyx Zonedisplayed a ballad performance with acrobats. Security Cameras was the raciest part of the show, with Spears and her dancers emulating different sexual practicesClub displayed a performance with urban influences. The encore consisted of a system malfunction interlude and Spears performed wearing a red ensemble. The tour received mixed reviews from contemporary critics, who praised it for being an entertaining show while criticizing it for looking "more [like] a spectacle than an actual concert".

brit-stage-props-1.gif

The Onyx Hotel Tour was commercially successful, grossing $34 million. In March, Spears suffered a knee injury onstage which forced her to reschedule two shows. In June, Spears fell and hurt her knee again during a music video shoot. She underwent arthroscopic surgery and the remainder of the tour was canceled. In 2005, Spears sued her insurance companies for denying her a reimbursement for the cancellation. Showtime broadcast live the March 28, 2004 show at the American Airlines Arena, in a special titled Britney Spears Live From Miami. Backstage footage was included in the reality show Britney & Kevin: Chaotic.

tumblr_lxx4kxKFfQ1r3ty02o1_500.gif

tumblr_m61ofeh5ln1r3ty02o1_500.gif?w=500

• Like 1

On December 2, 2003, Spears announced through her official website US concerts to support her fourth studio album, In the Zone (2003). The tour would kick off on March 2 in San Diego, California, at iPayOne Center. However, Spears released a statement saying, "I'm especially looking forward to bringing my tour to new markets and performing in front of fans that may not have had the opportunity to see any of my previous tours."On January 12, 2004, four dates were announced in GlasgowManchesterLondon and Birmingham, her first UK dates in four years.After the beginning of the North American leg, Spears announced a summer leg in the United States in June as well as a European leg starting on April 27 in London and ending on June 5 at Rock in Rio Lisboa.It was also rumored to visit Latin America and Asia later in the year.The Onyx Hotel Tour was originally going to be called In the Zone Tour. On February 17, 2004, a San Diego clothing manufacturer of the same name sued Spears for $10 million and banned her from using the trademark.On May 17, 2004, a hotel named Onyx Hotel opened in Boston, Massachusetts.Kimpton Hotels & Restaurant Group had come up with the name two years before the tour was developed. Spears and the Kimpton group decided to promote the hotel by featuring a room named The Britney Spears Foundation Room. It was designed by Spears's mother, Lynne, reflecting Spears's personality and taste. The room opened six weeks later and a portion of the fee was destined to the Britney Spears Foundation.

tumblr_mjtb6nLf2x1r3ty02o1_250.gif tumblr_meihhafUkS1qgb05yo5_r1_250.gif

The show was majorly inspired by Broadway musicals, primarily focused on Grand Hotel, which was directed by Tommy Tune and portrayed a day in the life of the Berlin Grand Hotel in 1928.Spears said the hotel theme was inspired by having traveled so much, and was merged with theonyx stone concept. The tour was described as a "unique, mysterious hotel powered by an onyx stone, where guests who enter shine their own light into the gemstone and make their fantasies come to life. It's a vibrant, whimsical place where wondrous dreams are realized, and the darkest of secrets are revealed".Spears also stated about the tour,

tumblr_lsodcoqxJH1r3ty02o1_500.gif

tumblr_m8ozlbnfO71qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_lsmtjzC8Px1r3ty02o1_500.gif

"I would love my audience to walk out of the auditorium feeling like they had the most magical experience of their life. The onyx stone is kind of symbolic of what guides me in my life, like there's a bigger picture in everything, and there's something that guides you where you need to go, from point A to point B".

Kevin Tancharoen was chosen as the tour director. He said about the development of the tour, "Coming from a movie lovers' background, I wanted to make it seem like a film. A little Joel Schumacher meets Tim Burton". He further explained that the onyx stone symbolized untappeddesire.The stage was less elaborate than her previous tour, Dream Within a Dream Tour, with no runway extended towards the audience, in order to keep the show faithful to the New York theatre theme. There were three video screens above the stage. Also present were several LEDcolumned-shaped video screens in the stage.The setlist was mostly composed from songs from In the Zone. Other songs included were "Boys," "I'm A Slave 4 U,"and "Overprotected" from Britney (2001). Also included were three of her early hits, "...Baby One More Time", (You Drive Me) Crazy and "Oops!... I Did It Again", reworked with elements of jazz and blues. The promotional photos for the tour were by Markus Klinko and Indrani. Tour promoter Clear Channel Entertainmentmarketed the tour to an entirely different demographic than her previous tours, changing from families and children to a more adult audience. The show was also targeted to the gay market. Promotional campaigns included were Flash animated e-mails targeted to two million people who fitted the audience description. The tour was also advertised in several radio stations and TV shows for those audiences, such as The O.C. MTV was chosen as the tour sponsor. The sponsorship was extended to advertisements in the tickets and interactive promotions in MTV.com, such as exclusive downloads, streaming video and ticket and merch auctions benefiting the Britney Spears Foundation.Three episodes of TRLwere dedicated to a behind-the-scenes special. Vice president of music marketing and promotion Joe Armenia talked about the sponsorship,

"There are not that many artists that appeal to every territory with an MTV channel, but Britney Spears is one of the select few. We have been waiting for the opportunity to make a global splash, and the Britney tour is it. For the better part of the rest of the year, we’ll be on the road with Britney. This is more support than we’ve ever given an artist in the U.S., let alone all over the world. We love the association with Britney; she has always been a core part of this channel and our fans love Britney".

tumblr_lthrv9woHf1qj8x8no1_500.gif tumblr_m0w7yoqs2q1r3ty02o1_500.gif

• Like 1

The show began with a skit where a flamboyant master of ceremonies welcomed spectators to the Onyx Hotel.After this, he took an onyx and threw into the video screens, causing a virtual chandelier to fall into the floor. Spears briefly appeared in the screens, as her dancers descended to the stage. She entered standing on top of a small bus dressed in a black catsuit, where she performed "Toxic". She descended to the stage for the breakdown and then performed "Overprotected". She took a break to talk to the audience, before going into "Boys", which featured the male dancers pushing her while she was standing in luggage carts. "Showdown" featured rainbow-colored lighting effects and was the last song of the first act. A video interlude followed featuring Spears and her friends outside a club. While she was leaving, she noticed a woman dressed in 1930s fashion. She followed her and the woman asked Spears to enter the "Mystic Lounge". Spears reappeared wearing a corset to perform "...Baby One More Time".She performed "Oops!... I Did It Again" with a vintage microphone and joined by her background singers. Spears and her dancers performed "(You Drive Me) Crazy", which contained elements of Latin percussion.After this, she talked to the audience and usually referenced her wedding with childhood friend Jason Alexander. She also introduced her band before leaving the stage.

tumblr_mpgua2wMn91rksqppo1_500.gif

bd2573da1ef11ed9_tumblr_mlj2z4Xbn31rivnb

In the next section, there was a video interlude of Spears wearing a flowered-themed dress and entering the "Mystic Garden".As the video ended, she appeared on-stage sitting at a leaf-covered piano. She talked to the audience before performing "Everytime".Her dancers joined her to perform "The Hook Up" and a jungle inspired mix of "I'm a Slave 4 U". The show continued with another video interlude featuring a spoof ofparanormal-themed shows, "The Onyx Zone", with the master of ceremonies doing a Rod Serling impression and introducing "The Shadow Room".[16] Spears reappeared sitting on a swing to perform "Shadow". During the performance, Spears was lifted into the air above a M-shaped blue ribbon, with performers twirling in the fabric. The performance ended with Spears leaving the stage while the dancers performed to a ballet interlude in flesh colored costumes.The next section began with a video projection of two guards watching Spears in her room through security cameras.Spears appeared on a smaller stage wearing a white robe and performed "Touch of My Hand" in a transparent bathtub.During the performance, she took the robe off to reveal a nude body suit with crystals that resembled her "Toxic" music video outfit.She left the stage briefly to a wardrobe change and reappeared on the mini platform where she descended to the main stage on a pole, wearing pink lingerie and performed "Breathe on Me" on a bed with one of her male dancers.She then put on a white trench coat and performed "Outrageous", the last song of the act.

In the next act, Spears and her dancers wore street clothes and performed "(I Got That) Boom Boom". After this, she introduced her band and dancers and left the stage.The encore began with a system malfunction where a female voice counted down as the screens sketched Britney's outline, which then rose to reveal Spears at the top of a staircase.After this, "Me Against the Music" (Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix) began and Spears appeared on stage wearing a red ensemble.The show ended with Spears and her dancers on the staircase where the screen is lowered and Spears made her exit as shower of confetti was shot towards the audience.

tumblr_mds9c8CT6y1r9b6l2o1_500.gif tumblr_mr0vg1cGHK1sx6krro1_500.gif
  • Like 1

The tour received mixed reviews from critics. Gene Stout of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer called it a "throbbing, special-effects extravaganza".Aline Mendelsohn of The Orlando Sentinel noted influence from Janet Jackson in the show's choreography and suggestive themes, which had attracted many headlines due to the "heightened sensitivity of the post-Janet Jackson era." MTV UK highlighted the comparisons with earlyMadonna tours such as The Girlie Show World Tour and added that "[the show] is a theatrical extravaganza, complete with camp compere, sexy dancers, glitzy costumes and extravagant set pieces and its all fabulously raunchy". Bill Dean of The Ledger reported that the tour was "big sloppy and sex-filled". He also added, "Her presence remains captivating. [...] Perhaps even subsconsciously, the Onyx tour's most significant role may be foretelling a future in Broadway or film musicals". Neil Strauss of The New York Times claimed "her show was more a theater-and-dance spectacle than an actual concert, with the staging equal parts Cirque de Soleil [sic] and the redeveloped Times Square. [...] At times the show seemed more like a Las Vegas tribute to Ms. Spears than a concert by Ms. Spears herself".

Chris Willman of Entertainment Weekly believed that "In Britney, Paul Verhoeven's fantastic notion of the showgirl as superstar has become incarnate. But every showgirl needs a show. The Onyx Hotel tour hardly counts as one, with its arbitrary mishmash of Madonna-esque sex-bomb skits and Cirque du Soleil surrealism".The Seattle Times's Pamela Sitt said it "was high on spectacle and low on substance, veering crazily from burlesque to fairy tale to peep show". Doug Elfman of the Las Vegas Review-Journal stated that the tour "is an unfocused bore of false sexuality, horrible songs, trite choreography, unfocused themes and less ambition than a house cat that sits around licking itself all day".Darryl Morden of msnbc.com commented, "at times it was entertaining but overall came off as a variation on the same show she’s been doing for several years".

Tickets sold slower than her previous tours. This was attributed to the change in audience, since her new demographic tended to be "typically a last second ticket purchaser".A month before the tour began, seven dates were already sold out, including the Fresno and Toronto shows.Tour merchandise grossed $4 million on the North American leg alone, with an average of between $150,000 and $170,000 per night. This made Spears the highest grossing merchandise female artist since she began touring in 1999, with a total gross of more than $30 million. On July 16, 2004, the tour was listed as the eight highest grossing tour of the first semester of 2004, grossing $19 million.The tour ended up grossing $34 million.

tumblr_mj5m8vmIM91r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mpdofqBMK41r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

On March 18, 2004, during the Moline, Illinois show at The MARK of the Quad Cities, Spears fell during the performance of "(I Got That) Boom Boom" and injured her knee. She left the stage and returned shortly after wearing a white robe, apologizing to the audience for not being able to deliver the encore performance.A physician examined Spears and indicated that it was not related to a previous knee injury in 1999 during a dance rehearsal.The Chicago, Illinois show at Allstate Arena, scheduled for March 19, was cancelled. Spears's label Jive Records asked fans to hold on to their tickets until further notice.The Flint Journal reported that the Detroit, Michigan show at The Palace of Auburn Hills was also cancelled. Both shows were rescheduled to the end of the leg in April.

On June 8, 2004, Spears was shooting the music video for "Outrageous" in Manhattan, when she fell and injured her left knee.She was taken immediately to a local hospital, where doctors performed an MRI scan and found floating cartilage. The following day, Spears underwentarthroscopic surgery. She was forced to remain six weeks with a thigh brace, followed by eight to twelve weeks of rehabilitation, which caused any future concerts to be canceled. Jive Records issued a statement saying Spears planned to revisit the cities in the future.On February 4, 2005, Spears filed suit in New York State Supreme Court against eight insurance companies that denied her a reimbursement of $9.8 million. The insurers refused because they claimed Spears did not fully inform them of the 1999 knee injury in the insurance form. Attorney Jonathan Stoler who defended Spears on the case said,

"These are the same insurers who had provided her with policies on [several] tours and they had cleared her and were aware of the previous injury. The alleged omission related to a question whereby Ms. Spears was asked if in the past five years she had had any surgery. Ms. Spears, in all prior circumstances, had indicated she had, but at the time she was going through this application she did answer 'no.' It had not been a full five years, but four years and eleven months since the surgery [in 1999] and even if she had answered in the affirmative, our contention is that it makes no difference".

tumblr_mnrj85TlAd1sqeu83o1_500.gif 335451.jpg tumblr_m4tqs3BuUI1r33l6bo6_1280.jpg
  • Like 1

On March 28, 2004, it was announced that Showtime would broadcast live the Miami show at the American Airlines Arena, in a special titled Britney Spears Live from Miami. It was directed by Hamish Hamilton.A concert promotional video and pictures were shot, in which Spears donned 1920's and 1930s hairstyles.She also wore a long black Roberto Cavalli dress, which was auctioned on eBay; proceeds went to the Britney Spears Foundation. On April 13, 2004, it was reported by MTV that Spears was planning a reality showtitled "OnTourage" to document the backstage of the European leg, in a similar way to Madonna's Truth or Dare.However the show was scrapped with the tour's cancellation, and the recorded footage was used for the reality show Britney and Kevin: Chaotic.The concert for Rock In Rio Festival in Lisbon, Portugal were broadcast live on June 5, 2004.

Onyx_Hotel_Poster.jpg

2r78v15.jpg

Did you know? The tour was originally going to be called the In The Zone Tour?

417205_362947153736680_142482779116453_1

Videos:

Full Concert

http://youtu.be/M5jwogOkss0

• Like 1

Set list

1.      "Check-In" (Performance Introduction)

2.      "Toxic"

3.      "Overprotected" (The Darkchild Remix)

4.      "Boys" (The Co-Ed Remix) mashed with the album version of "Boys"

5.      "Showdown"

6.      "Mystic Lounge" (Video Interlude)

7.      "...Baby One More Time" (Jazz Version)

8.      "Oops!... I Did It Again"

9.      "(You Drive Me) Crazy"

10.  "Mystic Garden" (Video Interlude)

11.  "Everytime"

12.  "The Hook Up"

13.  "I'm a Slave 4 U"

14.  "The Onyx Zone" (Video Interlude)

15.  "Shadow"

16.  "Security Cameras" (Video Interlude)

17.  "Touch of My Hand"

18.  "Breathe on Me"

19.  "Outrageous"

20.  "Club" (Performance Interlude)

21.  "(I Got That) Boom Boom"

22.  "Check-Out" (Video Interlude)

23.  "Me Against the Music" (Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix)

Cancelled shows

Date

City

Country

Venue

Reason for cancellation

North America

March 19, 2004

Chicago

United States

Allstate Arena

Knee injury

March 21, 2004

Detroit

Palace of Auburn Hills

April 1, 2004

Cleveland

Gund Arena

Illness

Europe

May 26, 2004

Riesa

Germany

Erdgasarena

Technical problems

North America

June 22, 2004

Hartford

United States

Meadows Music

Knee injury

June 23, 2004

Boston

Tweeter Center

June 25, 2004

Scranton

Montage Mountain

June 26, 2004

Buffalo

Darien Lake

June 27, 2004

Toronto

Canada

Molson Amphitheatre

June 29, 2004

Cleveland

United States

Gund Arena

June 30, 2004

Indianapolis

Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

July 1, 2004

Milwaukee

Marcus Amphitheater

July 3, 2004

Columbus

Germain Amphitheater

July 4, 2004

Hershey

Hershey Park Stadium

July 8, 2004

Wantagh

Jones Beach

July 9, 2004

July 10, 2004

Bristow

Nissan Pavilion

July 12, 2004

Philadelphia

Tweeter Center

July 13, 2004

Holmdel

Post-Gazette Pavilion

July 14, 2004

Pittsburgh

Post-Gazette Pavilion

July 16, 2004

Minneapolis

Target Center

July 17, 2004

Chicago

Tweeter Center

July 19, 2004

St. Louis

MB Bank Pavilion

July 20, 2004

Nashville

Starwood Amphitheatre

July 21, 2004

Atlanta

Hi Fi Buys Amphitheatre

July 23, 2004

Atlantic City

Borgata Hotel Casino

July 24, 2004

Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach Amphitheater

July 25, 2004

Greensboro

Greensboro Coliseum

July 28, 2004

Tampa

Tampa Bay Amphitheatre

July 30, 2004

New Orleans

New Orleans Arena

July 31, 2004

Houston

Cynthia Woods Mitchell

August 2, 2004

Dallas

Smirnoff Music Center

August 3, 2004

San Antonio

Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

August 5, 2004

Albuquerque

Journal Pavilion

August 7, 2004

Irvine

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

August 8, 2004

Concord

Chronicle Pavilion

August 10, 2004

Sacramento

Sleep Train Amphitheatre

August 11, 2004

San Francisco

Shoreline Amphitheatre

August 13, 2004

Chula

Coors Amphitheatre

August 14, 2004

Las Vegas

MGM Grand

August 15, 2004

Bakersfield

Centennial Garden

• Like 1

Sorry guys - getting really tired and I have work tomorrow - so will continue this tomorrow evening.. :crying2:

Starting off with The M + M's Tour - lots of facts from here :)

Hope you guys like the idea of this - although there is not much new information :)

Thank you so much for doing this and making all these fun threads! :)

The stage of the (You Drive Me) Crazy Tour was similar to that of the ...Baby One More Time Tour, although much bigger.There were many special effects, including smoke machines and fireworks that erupted during the show. There was a giant projection screen that resembled the magical mirror from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937). Also present was a mechanical magic carpet in which Spears sat and flew over the first 100 feet above the crowd. Spears, who had five costumes changes during the show, was joined on stage by eight dancers. The setlist consisted of nine songs, seven from her debut album and two unreleased songs from her then upcoming album, Oops!... I Did It Again(2000).

XRAY_UNKNOWN_28529.jpg

169e25d687e70b58bf2ca501a891d57f.jpg

15504021_5.jpg?v=8CFDE6DC42722F0

The show opened with a skit in which the dancers came out of lockers and stayed in the stage until a bell rang. They all sat until a female teacher voice started calling their names. After the teacher called Spears, she emerged at the top of the staircase in a cloud of smoke, wearing a top and white stretch pants, to perform a short dance mix of "...Baby One More Time".She then entered one of the lockers and appeared in another one on the opposite side of the stage to perform "(You Drive Me) Crazy".Spears briefly talked to the audience, the segment continued with performances of "Born to Make You Happy" and "I Will Be There". After a dance interlude, Spears appeared onstage sitting on the magic carpet and flew over the audience while singing "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know". When she returned to the stage, she performed another song from her upcoming album, "Oops!... I Did It Again". Spears addressed the audience again before the "Who is the Ultimate Heartbreaker?" interlude, in which her dancers picked a boy from the audience and invited him onstage.Spears took to the stage again wearing a jacket and dedicated the performance of "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" to the boy.She took off her jacket to reveal a pair of black pants that featured a sequined red heart in the back and performed "The Beat Goes On". After two interludes that presented her dancers and band, Spears appeared onstage to perform "Sometimes". The encore consisted of a dance-oriented performance of "...Baby One More Time".

tumblr_m7n1tzmQEr1qmrg0io1_500.gif

tumblr_mgba15iXpE1rtrcjzo1_500.jpg

last picture is from the Oops tour :pieceofwhat: