Britney is filming a video for slumber party !!!!!

I would love to be wrong about this but I just don't think this song will be as big as people think it is. The majority of the fanbase online loves it but its super slow and I just find slumber party to be boring. I think people think it will be a hit because she is using that overdone at this point fake pop reggae shit but to me she's just following a trend. She has much better songs on the album and I'm surprised that people weren't pushing harder for those songs to make it as single 2. Oh well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

I would love to be wrong about this but I just don't think this song will be as big as people think it is. The majority of the fanbase online loves it but its super slow and I just find slumber party to be boring. I think people think it will be a hit because she is using that overdone at this point fake pop reggae shit but to me she's just following a trend. She has much better songs on the album and I'm surprised that people weren't pushing harder for those songs to make it as single 2. Oh well.

This is all of my thoughts summed up more eloquently than I could have worded it. I'm here for another single, but I really don't see slumber party giving glory that hit all the fans are dying for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, heather said:

This is all of my thoughts summed up more eloquently than I could have worded it. I'm here for another single, but I really don't see slumber party giving glory that hit all the fans are dying for.

That's because Glory has no hit-potential songs, but just good music.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, heather said:

The track record shows there will be some issue with the video. People will get their hopes up thinking she's got a top 10 smash on her hands (probably won't make it past top 20), one of her contemporaries will drop a more compelling song/video, britney will barely talk about the song and will probably only perform it twice or something. I could go on. Plus and this is a true story: i played SP for a casual britney fan friend of mine and her immediate response was "doesn't she get tired of singing the same kind of songs?". Which leads me to believe MOTM or Liar would have been a better choice for single 2 because it would be unexpected, and I still think LMD needs to happen at some point  (though it will probably be this album's IO). SP is basically MM pt.2 with a different beat and no feature.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

It's not 3 in row technically because there was no issue with pretty girls. But Work Bitch, Perfume and Make Me all went under massive edits and its ashamed because these are her most recent solo videos. They better get it right this time.

I thought the fan base liked Work Bitch lol.

I didn't like the song so I didn't care about the video either way. :xfactorney:

I think it will probably be other corny video... now she daoesn't want any too-sexy videos at all. Idk why, but it is. She has been cutting her videos more and more, till the last unreleased which has been totally censured. I hope she makes a good choreo at least...:yay1:

I wuold like something like my prerogative, but...I don't think it will happen.

Just now, btmyhbrit99 said:

They liked it but she cut some of the heavier s&m-esque stuff she shot for the video because she didn't want her sons to see her like that at the time. 

I recall that now.

I really, really hope this next video is a hit (whichever song it will be for), because she is capable and her source material (Glory) is really good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edurance said:

That's because Glory has no hit-potential songs, but just good music.

Nah. Any song can become a hit with the right strategy behind it.

2 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

The track record shows there will be some issue with the video. People will get their hopes up thinking she's got a top 10 smash on her hands (probably won't make it past top 20), one of her contemporaries will drop a more compelling song/video, britney will barely talk about the song and will probably only perform it twice or something. I could go on. Plus and this is a true story: i played SP for a casual britney fan friend of mine and her immediate response was "doesn't she get tired of singing the same kind of songs?". Which leads me to believe MOTM or Liar would have been a better choice for single 2 because it would be unexpected, and I still think LMD needs to happen at some point  (though it will probably be this album's IO). SP is basically MM pt.2 with a different beat and no feature.

I love slumber party, I even love it as a single contender, but not for the second single. Like you said, I find it to be too similar to make me when the album has so  many other interesting choices to pick from. I voted love me down for that poll, man on the moon would have been an amazing and interesting direction to go in as well. Glory has the potential to go so many directions, I wonder who's idea it is to stay in the make me lane.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

It's not 3 in row technically because there was no issue with pretty girls. But Work Bitch, Perfume and Make Me all went under massive edits and its ashamed because these are her most recent solo videos. They better get it right this time.

I didn't include PG because it was just a buzz single. I'm talking in regards to her actual singles off of her albums 

3 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

Youre actually right.. the fans are mostly thinking about themselves on how they feel about the song & think the GP will eat it up but it's not that way at all. I think it's a good song but not single material & I also feel like it's a hotline bling ripoff in which the GP will probably call her out on that. I also agree with the trend following part in which Britney already basically admitted to doing so, there's a lot of Justin Bieber type songs on there TBH 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, estherilla said:

I think it will probably be other corny video... now she daoesn't want any too-sexy videos at all. Idk why, but it is. She has been cutting her videos more and more, till the last unreleased which has been totally censured. I hope she makes a good choreo at least...:yay1:

I wuold like something like my prerogative, but...I don't think it will happen.

The songs too slow for any choreo tbh 

13 hours ago, 1kissgoodnight said:

I need something N.E.X.T level

something to snatch my weave and leave my bald head exposed to the cold october air

according to flopdan (BH) the budget for this video is the smallest she's ever had so if Make Me part 2 wasn't the cheapest she's done then god save us all

• Like 1